What's new

"There are no bad seeds, just bad men" - Poison Ivy General Discussion Thread

SnowboardRX

^ You have no idea who this guy is ^
Lmao. I ran into this Meridian guy not too long ago online and let me tell you I’ve never heard anyone freak out over a couple losses (especially since they were in competitive versus) like this kid. Came on the mic incoherently whining/screaming/screeching followed by threats of harm to me. Kids a joke. Ivy top 5? Dramatically changed gameplay? Pass me some of what you’re smoking. Lmao.

Cursa

Counterpoke with armoured DB2 at all times.
Can I get like a short summary of characters Poison Ivy loses to with a lil info on how so? In a bite sized format, enough to be a small snack or a light meal pls.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
Can I get like a short summary of characters Poison Ivy loses to with a lil info on how so? In a bite sized format, enough to be a small snack or a light meal pls.
According to discord, she loses to Black Adam, Blue Beetle, Cheetah, Doctor Fate, Hellboy, Superman and Supergirl

I personally think Adam is 5-5

Blue beetle wins because he does whatever he wants to her. She can’t zone while she’s being zoned out and does not have a reliable answer to his air game. Both parties agree to this

Cheetah laughs at her zoning and severely outdamages her. Her mobility is a lot for ivy to handle. Ivy has the better footsies and neutral tho. Generally agreed to be in cheetahs favor.

Doctor Fate just flat out zones her out. She has to get in and stay in. No zoning from her. Both parties agree to this.

Hellboy has the mobility and good zoning. Both parties agree to this

Superman doesn’t need an explaination lol

Supergirl still does what she always did to Ivy, even with the nerfs and buffs. It’s not Ivys worse MU anymore but she still loses

Cursa

Counterpoke with armoured DB2 at all times.
According to discord, she loses to Black Adam, Blue Beetle, Cheetah, Doctor Fate, Hellboy, Superman and Supergirl

I personally think Adam is 5-5

Blue beetle wins because he does whatever he wants to her. She can’t zone while she’s being zoned out and does not have a reliable answer to his air game. Both parties agree to this

Cheetah laughs her the zoning and severely outdamages her. Her mobility is a lot for ivy to handle. Ivy has the better footsies and neutral tho. Generally agreed to be in cheetahs favor.

Doctor Fate just flat out zones her out. She has to get in and stay in. No zoning from her. Both parties agree to this.

Hellboy has the mobility and good zoning. Both parties agree to this

Superman doesn’t need an explaination lol

Supergirl still does what she always did to Ivy, even with the nerfs and buffs. It’s not Ivys worse MU anymore but she still loses
So typically loses to air mobility and stronger zoners, or a combination of both. ezpz

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
So typically loses to air mobility and stronger zoners, or a combination of both. ezpz
Yup. That’s always been her weakness and as you can see, the buffs didn’t really help that side at all.

The MUs where she can play the ground game well in did get better tho.

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
Thoughts about the turtle matchup? I haven't played a really good Ivy but my early thoughts about when playing as Mikey is that there isn't a clear favorite. Ivy can zone well, but Mikey is rewarded for getting in and has his kickflip projectile and some mobility to contend with.

Probably. I have it as 5-5
Oh, not sure about this, starfire outzones ivy dramatically, and the thing that SF can just use trait between yoshi+vine drills zoning, already makes this MU not a 5-5 to me.

So from my experience, SF out-zones ivy, and if ivy cannot play defensive run away game - this MU is not in her favor. For me, the only way to make a good SF player care about vine drills - is to get a decent life lead. In any other case, SF will just keep running away and out-zone ivy

Eldagrin

Add me on PS4 if you want to play some games
If you block it, she doesn’t knock you out as much as she did before, but you still get pushed enough for it to whiff in some cases. It depends on the distance
I’ll be mindful of that in the future then, thanks.

Blewdew

PSN: MaxKayX3

So.... apparently this is a Thing? I didn‘t know thorns stack When your Opponent Stands on it while winning the round

Blewdew

So I went to the lab with Ivy and tried some fancy shit off khaotiks trait corner setup and had some pretty cool results.

the d1 link after 2df2 is not that easy but you could just leave out 2df2 and directly use 121213, does 575 on superman instead of 601 and is super easy to do

this one is pretty resource heavy but that's an impressive amount of damage after setup

idk about this one I just think it looks cool

Roy Arkon

I will leave my seal on you!
So I went to the lab with Ivy and tried some fancy shit off khaotiks trait corner setup and had some pretty cool results.

the d1 link after 2df2 is not that easy but you could just leave out 2df2 and directly use 121213, does 575 on superman instead of 601 and is super easy to do

this one is pretty resource heavy but that's an impressive amount of damage after setup

idk about this one I just think it looks cool
Wow taking an entire life bar. It is very hard to do but it's damn sure worth it. Great stuff bro.

Last edited:

Blewdew

Wow taking an entire life bar. It is very hard to do but it's damn sure worth it. Great stuff bro.
Thanks, it‘s not really hard to do it just eats a lot of Meter but when you get the kill it‘s worth it. You can do non mb f3 for about 600 damage When you don‘t to spend the Bar Though