What's new

"There are no bad seeds, just bad men" - Poison Ivy General Discussion Thread

Baconlord

Proud follower of the church of Cetrion

POISON IVY
“I HAVE NO MORE FRIENDS, ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.”

Dr. Pamela Isley was once an innovative, radical botanical biochemist with a singular goal: make the world safe for plant life to flourish. She joins the Society to further their common interest in bringing mankind to its knees, but at heart, Ivy’s desire is to ensure that in any new world order, flora dominates fauna.

discord link ( https://discord.gg/fHM5CdD )

Azarashi Elder

Fut-SEAS....OF BLOOD!
Ivy's pretty cool.

Everything except the flower whip stance is pretty dope. But that flower whip stance is really whack looking. Probably useful, but who swings a vine and flower around to hit anybody?

Still... Ivy's pretty cool. I'll probably face her alot online.

Rorshock

Noob
What? The stance is awesome. She's basically using a medeival flail.

Even if you hate it, get used to using it. It's essential for a lot of her combos.

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
Premium Supporter
What´s her best AA? and wakeup?
Wakeup is kiss of death, super risky but you get a combo if it lands.
AA far you can do b3 or b2. D2 is good but it cant be used on reaction (20f).
You can also air to air with j1 or j2 (most consistent option tbh) but you'll need to be focused to do this vs some fast jumps.

myri

Time Warrior
REO did a breakdown of our queen. The bottom line according to what he says in the video is that Ivy is a great neutral character with a lot of safety on her strings. It just excites me even more for this character, it's exactly what I was hoping for in a character coming into Injustice 2.

Cheers @REO.

KillaGthug4Life

Believe in Magic yet? Let us Dance
Lol, she has a great neutral spacing game, very safe strings and some that are plus on block, a shit ton of launchers that lead to good damage, a zoning and anti zoning special, AND COMMAND GRAB.

Lets go Poison Ivy, #MyMainBitch

Azarashi Elder

Fut-SEAS....OF BLOOD!
What? The stance is awesome. She's basically using a medeival flail.
Yeah, but it isn't a flail, it's a flower, which are pretty soft, as far as I know. Maybe I'm missing something, but attacking with chompy & bitey would hurt because they have teeth, but their heads wouldn't be made of stone. That's why it looks goofy.

Anyways I'm not hating on her. Like, I said, she's very well designed.

So have fun with that... Later :)

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
Didn't expect her to be execution heavy lol but I like it.

So far, I Wouldn't really call her a zoner. She's more of a defensive monster than anything. Barkskin is definitely her best tool and makes shit hard for a lot. Yoshi turns her into a true zoner tho.

But she's actually pretty good upclose as well. A lot of safe strings, good staggers, armor breakers, tick throws, legit stance cancels and pretty decent damage, especially in the corner.

Based on some of the matches I played, it seems like she gives Aquaman trouble. Barkskin is really strong in the MU and she can safely zone him and punish his FTD. Grodd seems a little annoying and for some reason, if he does his little projectile immunity thing, MB drill doesn't hit him. He'll get hit by the first one but the second one just goes thru him. Green arrow seems a tab bit annoying. Scarecrow felt free lol she might dominate him. Robin is a bitch.

Fun fact: she can do Madura 1 then link it to MB Madura then link that into Madura 1 and continue the loop lol. After that, she can link into Madura 2, cancel and continue the combo. I did a 56 hit combo with that lmao pretty trolly

xKhaoTik

Some combos:

121u3, b2d2 MB kiss, b3, j2, f213
121213 Madura 2, cancel, b2d2 MB kiss, b3, j2, f213

[starter] MB drills, f3, j2, f213

B123 can be followed up with b2d2

B2d2/21/pretty much any starter can be confirmed into stance 2 or MB drills

In the corner, she can do 213, 2x3, 1212/12121 kiss. That's over 40% into a restand but you can MB and continue it or set up Yoshi

After MB kiss, you can summon Yoshi and still hit with 121 string, but the timing is STRICT. Probably a 1f link. Something I did was 121213 stance 2, cancel, b2d2 MB kiss, Yoshi, 121213 stance 2, cancel, dash, b12 kiss. Yoshi is hitting them the entire time and when you launch with Madura 2, Yoshi hits so that's why you have to dash in. Yoshi hit them out the kiss tho lol

So it seems like you can do unblockable/really hard to block set ups with the pet but they are super impractical and hard to monopolize off of. Only safe way to set them up seems to be off hard knock downs with the pet being very far away, and if the connecting hit isn't the overhead you get zippo for a combo because the low doesn't launch high enough and her overhead string enders don't seem to recover fast enough. Not that I should be advocating full combo unblockable set ups in any fighting games, but yuh know. We have an independent low hitting thing so it might be worth labbing more..

xKhaoTik

So it seems like you can do unblockable/really hard to block set ups with the pet but they are super impractical and hard to monopolize off of. Only safe way to set them up seems to be off hard knock downs with the pet being very far away, and if the connecting hit isn't the overhead you get zippo for a combo because the low doesn't launch high enough and her overhead string enders don't seem to recover fast enough. Not that I should be advocating full combo unblockable set ups in any fighting games, but yuh know. We have an independent low hitting thing so it might be worth labbing more..
You can combo after low Yoshi in the corner

Didn't expect her to be execution heavy lol but I like it.

So far, I Wouldn't really call her a zoner. She's more of a defensive monster than anything. Barkskin is definitely her best tool and makes shit hard for a lot. Yoshi turns her into a true zoner tho.

But she's actually pretty good upclose as well. A lot of safe strings, good staggers, armor breakers, tick throws, legit stance cancels and pretty decent damage, especially in the corner.

Based on some of the matches I played, it seems like she gives Aquaman trouble. Barkskin is really strong in the MU and she can safely zone him and punish his FTD. Grodd seems a little annoying and for some reason, if he does his little projectile immunity thing, MB drill doesn't hit him. He'll get hit by the first one but the second one just goes thru him. Green arrow seems a tab bit annoying. Scarecrow felt free lol she might dominate him. Robin is a bitch.

Fun fact: she can do Madura 1 then link it to MB Madura then link that into Madura 1 and continue the loop lol. After that, she can link into Madura 2, cancel and continue the combo. I did a 56 hit combo with that lmao pretty trolly
Wouldnt exactly say defensive monster. Worst wake ups in the game most likely (you only got kiss and you can duck it and whiff punish. However it is SUPER invincable) idk, when i was messin with her it was so hard to do anything after a knock down. Its def. Her weak point. But other than that shes great everywhere else. Good footsies/pressure and strong zoning/anti zoning. Mind game cancels with flail is so fun. Very well rounded character. Just wish she had a good wu option. To be fair though she does have really good tools.

You can combo after low Yoshi in the corner
You can to a b2d2 / f21 > command grab off of him mid screen at the right distances too, its more so what options are there from timing f3 or some string that ends in an overhead with the yoshi-low. Because if it becomes a common thing, the answer is always going to be to block high since combo potential off of Yoshi as of yet seems bad.

CamTheSneek

Somehow a C88 Leader
Anyone who can throw a projectile faster than her, like Firestorm, Blue Beatle, and Deadshot(From what I got so far) seem to give her a lot of shit as of right now.

ShadyHeart

Relationship with Sonya ended
Her stance seems like it has good potential. A useful thing to do is input 121213 and stance. The final hit of the string is unsafe but if you cancel into stance and cancel out of stance, it's safe. Stance > 1 can be cancelled out of on block so it's safe if you aren't close to the opponent. The upward strike looks like a good anti-air when you read the opponent. You can do a risky mixup in using the upward strike instead of cancelling the stance which will make them afraid of the possibility of eating a combo when usually you would be blocking. Her Stance > 1 is slightly plus on hit when cancelled so you could do meter burn kiss > jumping 2 > 121213 > stance > 1 > cancel so you're slightly plus and they have no wakeup. I don't see too much you could do with it mid screen due to them being pushed away from you, but in the corner it should be a good pressure option.

I just love her B2D2 string. The fact that they made the grab part not come out on block is great.

Her ground "caltrops" sort of thing seems rather useless?