What's new

Match-up Discussion Theory fighting against kabal

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Ok so I'm trying to find a counter to kabal but don't have much MU exp with skarlet vs kabal yet. So obviously theory is the best way to start.

1) daggers can lower her hitbox slightly giving her enough for that first iaf to wiff possibly.

2) against pressure she can use armor to plow through moves.

3) slide goes under iaf If done right.

4) footsies are very good

Anyone have more MU exp or thoughts to expand on this idea?

Mosp

Noob
I don't find much trouble in the Kabal matchup since I don't think he wins at zoning or rush down in this match. I usually armor through his pressure strings or his zoning if I'm around midscreen. Her pokes are good for poking out of his pressure and if you're not confident in armoring out she has a small hitbox which makes it so he can only use his f3 and b1 strings which are both easy to armor through given enough matchup experience. It's still probably 5-5 though in my opinion.

ryublaze

Noob
The only Kabal matchup experience I have is with RM_xBigKaballs.

- The 2nd dagger in Dagger Toss can interrupt his EX Nomad Dash.
- He can't get too happy with zoning at midscreen or he'll get hit by EX Red Dash Up Slash.
- Daggers make a good trade against iaGB, but not-so-good against Ground Saws.
- Teleport whiffs if he does Ground Saws.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
The only Kabal matchup experience I have is with RM_xBigKaballs.

- The 2nd dagger in Dagger Toss can interrupt his EX Nomad Dash.
- He can't get too happy with zoning at midscreen or he'll get hit by EX Red Dash Up Slash.
- Daggers make a good trade against iaGB, but not-so-good against Ground Saws.
- Teleport whiffs if he does Ground Saws.
I like this. Good info. Any thing else

Cat

This guy looks kind of tuff...
Ok so I'm trying to find a counter to kabal but don't have much MU exp with skarlet vs kabal yet. So obviously theory is the best way to start.

1) daggers can lower her hitbox slightly giving her enough for that first iaf to wiff possibly.

2) against pressure she can use armor to plow through moves.

3) slide goes under iaf If done right.

4) footsies are very good

Anyone have more MU exp or thoughts to expand on this idea?
kabal wins. The end. Lol.

Deity

Noob
Cat is right. One of skarlets harder MU's. Can't really build meter in this MU. Also, I don't think kabal gets jailed by 1,1,2 or 1,1,4 in crouch block(I'll test this later) so Skarlet's pressure options are somewhat limited.

Mosp

Noob
Cat is right. One of skarlets harder MU's. Can't really build meter in this MU. Also, I don't think kabal gets jailed by 1,1,2 or 1,1,4 in crouch block(I'll test this later) so Skarlet's pressure options are somewhat limited.
How is this a bad MU? Isn't Kabal also limited in his zoning so he can't build as much meter as well? Is there anything else that makes this hard for her?

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
a) Make sure to save meter to not get jailed in NDC block strings
b) Make sure you save meter to Cancer Nomad Dashes on Wakeup Attack
c) Make sure you stay close to him to avoid Gas blast if you have meter.
d) D+3 can make you get out of NDC Block strings if timed correctly
e) Put Kabal on block strings if you have a good 50/50

To Skarlet, i doesn't matter if you're blocking, she can still take damage and build meter at same time.

For Kabal to Get out of Skarlet Pressures he will need meter, and if skarlet has meter, then he is pretty much stuck.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
a) Make sure to save meter to not get jailed in NDC block strings
b) Make sure you save meter to Cancer Nomad Dashes on Wakeup Attack
c) Make sure you stay close to him to avoid Gas blast if you have meter.
d) D+3 can make you get out of NDC Block strings if timed correctly
e) Put Kabal on block strings if you have a good 50/50

To Skarlet, i doesn't matter if you're blocking, she can still take damage and build meter at same time.

For Kabal to Get out of Skarlet Pressures he will need meter, and if skarlet has meter, then he is pretty much stuck.
He also has a large hit box so f21 hits right? If so I think I found my answer.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
You guys are underestimating Skarlet, once she gets in she'll unleash hell upon Kabal lol

She nullifies his every single wake-up option
But he doesn't have to wakeup. He can make us burn meter and fuzzy guard the over head on reaction and we are back to where we were.

Deity

Noob
How is this a bad MU? Isn't Kabal also limited in his zoning so he can't build as much meter as well? Is there anything else that makes this hard for her?
You can't build meter with daggers because you get outzoned, faster pressure options don't jail kabal. How is kabal limited in his zoning? the only time he has to watch himself is when you have meter, and you can't blow up iGBs on reaction. Her teleport is absolute garbage and doesn't really limit kabal either. It's a Bad MU because you have to commit to fighting him up close with limited pressure strings and meter.

Mosp

Noob
Ya I would rather not burn meter against a wakeup and use it more to counter his zoning and rushdown since I'm more worried about those than I am about his wakeups.

Mosp

Noob
You can't build meter with daggers because you get outzoned, faster pressure options don't jail kabal. How is kabal limited in his zoning? the only time he has to watch himself is when you have meter, and you can't blow up iGBs on reaction. Her teleport is absolute garbage and doesn't really limit kabal either. It's a Bad MU because you have to commit to fighting him up close with limited pressure strings and meter.
Why would you not have meter? Of course he has to watch himself while zoning or else he can get blown up by an EX dash upslash if he gets too careless with his IAGBs which leads to a reset which leads to meter building for Skarlet. I don't get whats wrong with fighting him up close either because that's where Skarlet wants to be in this matchup and where she excels in general. I guess I'm just not following where she is at disadvantage.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Ya I would rather not burn meter against a wakeup and use it more to counter his zoning and rushdown since I'm more worried about those than I am about his wakeups.
When Skarlet has meter (2 bars at least):
If Kabal don't wakeup attack he will die.
If Kabal always block low he will die.
If Kabal stop attacking he will die.
Fuzzy Guard doesn't work on EN Down Slashes
iaGB will not work as long Skarlets keep close to him
Burn meter will not work if he keeps guarding, she will constantly build meter with Chip damage.

this match is 5.5 acording to REO, but Skarlet only wins if she the player has a good meter management

Saint

Noob
But he doesn't have to wakeup. He can make us burn meter and fuzzy guard the over head on reaction and we are back to where we were.
Just like people tell me they will fuzzy guard my Scorpions vortex but it rarely EVER happens. If he doesn't wake up, you have him where you want him

You have to realize in theory there is no difference between theory and practise, in practise there is

Also, just for the sake of argument let's say they'd fuzzy your mixup 10/10 times, you don't have to down slash or slide from here. You can go into your block pressure, you can throw them and so on, you have options

ryublaze

Noob
Perhaps save meter more on EX Red Dash? IMO countering Kabal's zoning/pressure into full combo is more important than getting an extra blockstring, at least in this matchup.

I don't think Kabal outzones Skarlet much. I mean she has two fast projectiles that can knock him out of the air so he can't just rapid fire iaGB.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Perhaps save meter more on EX Red Dash? IMO countering Kabal's zoning/pressure into full combo is more important than getting an extra blockstring, at least in this matchup.

I don't think Kabal outzones Skarlet much. I mean she has two fast projectiles that can knock him out of the air so he can't just rapid fire iaGB.
Kabal's iaGBs is incredibly fast, assuming you have seen REO using ^^ he does gas Blasts at just Frame speeds lol.
But truth, i agree that would be better to bait him on EX Nomad Dashes, and this where skarlet can Cancer him out.

Deity

Noob
Maybe I am wrong about the MU... it's not one I have much experience in. I personally don't really like Skarlet in this MU though.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
There is one more Kabal to test here in my country, then i will gather more info for it, till then, i just have to wait another casual

Khaotic_xShangx

Fear the Skulls
kabal can get crazy with the gas blasts. i have seen from full screen a kabal player shot one gas blast hit the person at the same time they threw their projectile and the kabal player got off another gas blast before the person could recover from the projectile they just threw. 2 projectiles shot while u only got to shot one and yall started at the same time is crazy to me. Shot out to reo and cat tho.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Just like people tell me they will fuzzy guard my Scorpions vortex but it rarely EVER happens. If he doesn't wake up, you have him where you want him

You have to realize in theory there is no difference between theory and practise, in practise there is

Also, just for the sake of argument let's say they'd fuzzy your mixup 10/10 times, you don't have to down slash or slide from here. You can go into your block pressure, you can throw them and so on, you have options
B2 is faster than db2.

Also online you cant fuzzy guard anything but offline at high level play, it will get fuzzy guarded. If you burn meter on his wakeups and then have to do eh down slash, that's 2 meter wasted IMO.

Red raptor is right you need damage more than block strings. Save meter for red dash