What's new

The Zoning Academy (Mortal Kombat 11 Edition)

Rabid Justice

Your Soul Is Mine
With shang being delayed for a bit can I just pick shao kahn and armor everything to force them to become zoners?

I can kind of become an enforcer for you. At least the kind that jobs to any decent player.

Also shao kahn with out armor would be a joke.

I'm also glad to see you,tom,and reo still being leader in the community. Love the pod cast you guys do.

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
Hey all I’m new to the “zoning” team a bit.

Having played the stress test and feeling the over all new pacing first hand I think it’s tine to try something new...

Normally in other games other then nrs stuff I play grappler/trap type characters (I played dead pool in mvc much to the announce of online friends etc) but I think I’m going full zoning on this one folks! Need to test more of the roster as I don’t have a “character” in this game yet though..

Can’t wait to see thoughts, tech and strats from this thread! Can’t wait to join the fight against rushdown!
See people might see your profile pic and think you are a rushdown fool. But what people don't understand is that players like us love zoning so much that we played Bo' Rai Cho in MKX so that we could always be playing a game with strong zoning.

BanTheTesters

“My AGENT is tougher than you...”
See people might see your profile pic and think you are a rushdown fool. But what people don't understand is that players like us love zoning so much that we played Bo' Rai Cho in MKX so that we could always be playing a game with strong zoning.
They will never know the true struggle of playing that character...but alas brother bo did not make the journey to the new era..

A new dawn is coming...a zoning dawn..we must use these mk11 zoning tools to keep away the..undesirable rush down scum...bo would have wanted it this way brother...

BanTheTesters

“My AGENT is tougher than you...”
Just got finished playing a couple of matches with scarlet v scrop and Kabal...we are IN THERE!

I’m excited to see the rest of the zoners the game has to offer!

SUPAHJD

Horror Guest Shill
Alas, zoner scum.

This game seems to cater in favor of the rush down lords.

Convert and you will be forgiven.

Baconlord

Proud follower of the church of Cetrion
Alas, zoner scum.

This game seems to cater in favor of the rush down lords.

Convert and you will be forgiven.
Buddy we made it through mkx. You think you're unsafe low damage 50/50s scare us. Plus we all know the real zoning doesn't start until dlc

M2Dave

Zoning Master
With shang being delayed for a bit can I just pick shao kahn and armor everything to force them to become zoners?
Yes! Welcome back!

Buddy we made it through mkx. You think you're unsafe low damage 50/50s scare us.
LOL. True.

By the way, more anti-zoning zealotry was shown in the Kombat Kast today. Kung Lao has a teleport. As does Liu Kang from a stance. The teleport can be an overhead or low attack.

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
After playing Kabal basically the entirety of this first day in beta I can happily say he is a hybrid with really strong control of the mid range. That's where his zoning becomes really deadly with MB Air downward glaives and occupying the ground with B1 while also having a fairly decent straight projectile as well. Hes not quite as nutty as MK9 Kabal but he is still not to be slept on in the keep away department I feel.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I love how causally we’re slipping “anti-zoning zealot” into conversations now, it’s perfect.

He won’t be a strict zoner, but I’m hoping Sub-Zero’s projectiles will be good enough to at least sit on a life lead and force mistakes, the Sub loadout that was being used in the Kabal Kombat Kast looked really fun so hopefully he’s good.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
One of Cetrion's rock toss is a low, and the other is a high that KB when hitting a jumper. The orb. The FTD. The Pound. The diagonal beam. The Black Adam Shield. The Necro Grab. Blocking after being punched/kicked.

Search is over, I am now ready for April 23rd. Month 1 at minimum main for me. Zoning Academy, let's make them ragequit like never before.

"This is mercy!"

lionheart21

Its Game Over, Man
Since Liu, Kung Lao and Jax were on this week, I'm gonna guess that this week's Kombat Kast will be a showcase for zoners. Cetrion pretty much seems like a given, and I'm gonna guess that Kitana will be on there as well, and possibly Noob.