What's new

The Zoning Academy (Injustice 2 Edition)

OmGxBdON

I'm going to make Fate top ten
You talk as though Darkseid did not have the best teleport in the game. He threatens any player who is trying to zone with an instant aerial teleport -> jumping 3 -> EX stomp -> b+3 -> jumping 3 -> jumping 2 -> stomp, which does around 500 points of damage, and guarantees character power activation against the vast majority of characters, leading to a hard-to-blockable mix up or a 50/50 mix up. No character in this game has such damaging anti-zoning options.

As Darkseid, I worry about the mid range game, not getting zoned out, because Darkseid's normal attacks are lacking. I think the only character who zones out Darkseid is Aquaman as Tentacle Strike controls the pace of the match and Darkseid can neither punish nor check the move outside of mid range, yet Aquaman punishes grounded omega beams from long ranges, forcing you to play this match differently.
I understand your points but darkseids teleport isnt free. Unless you cover it with a minion or teleport on projectile recovery you cant just teleport for free. And seeing how all darkseids think teleport is free they dont actually bother getting in on zoning even tho they lose like half there life.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
What is the dynamic vs other zoners like? Do you teleport in on dr fate once he shoots back or can you just keep busting shots and he has to come in?
I really could not careless about Dr. Fate's zoning, or anyone else's for that matter. I think every character not named Aquaman has to approach Darkseid.

I apologize for my sins of turning to the dark side and becoming a rushdown zealot with Atrocitus. Starfire will be the light that rights the path to the side of honor and righteousness.

gibster13

A fan of fans
Starfire

Her straight projectile feels and is, quite good, but I dislike her mb, in theory it's good and visually it is, but practically it's not the great.

Her airfireball is awful imo, don't bother.

Her orb thing (nonmb) is decent but I prefer to keep using her straightfireball. Her mb (doctor fate like) orb is great, and I thjnk it is much better to use this that her mbstraight projectile.

Her trait is useful as it messes with people's timing but I do wish it was a mid lol, but that might be too mental

M2Dave

Zoning Master
How did they recharge trait in the break down? Or was that gear? For Starfire.
Yeah. Gear move.

By the way, Starfire appears to have strong zoning and anti-zoning options but limited mix ups, similarly to Dr. Fate. I wonder how the character will develop.

deadshot will still zone her out :p
Actually not so fast.

After a high shot her trait can trade or beat all other high shots, riddles or bounce shots. Once she slows deadshot down she can start throwing scatter bombs and making it very hard.

Deadshot will with that match bc of his footsies. Star fire appears to have bad buttons.

also, not really on the ground.
In a world where BA superman aqua red hood neutral exists... yes she has bad buttons. No mid with decent range. And her air buttons? J1 hits high and lateral. Jump 2 might be decent but will suck as an air to air. She lacks mix ups too and doesn't have plus strings that I'm aware of. Takes more than pretty projectiles to win in this neutral heavy game.

In a world where BA superman aqua red hood neutral exists... yes she has bad buttons. No mid with decent range. And her air buttons? J1 hits high and lateral. Jump 2 might be decent but will suck as an air to air. She lacks mix ups too and doesn't have plus strings that I'm aware of. Takes more than pretty projectiles to win in this neutral heavy game.
i found a lot of success using her f2 in footsies regardless, it can be baited/ducked and whiff punished but its more or less excellent.. I also found her f3 pretty strong, i also find that her db1 close is strong defensively, and suprisingly her b2 is solid defensively it has crazy active frames and recovery (it's also a devastating anti-air leading to 400+ dmg combos). Her jump 3s are really really strong. also her hair whip / down one hair whip into trait has been effective for me for really safe checks. her down 1 game is pretty strong.

her down 2 is pretty good as well, and you can mix cancelling into various specials as well. i think she has solid footsie tools but its all defensive.

vs deadshot she'l have to abuse j3.