What's new

The Zoning Academy (Injustice 2 Edition)

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Scarecrow has maybe the longest range normals. A couple are like half screen and such. Nothing Dhalsim level though.
Not feeling scarecrow. His moveset doesn't mesh thematically to me.

Quite a few of these, but the new GL, Dr. Fate, and Captain Cold are building an early rep.
Captain Cold I really like and he has a variety of zoning tools (I should've said zoning tools instead of projectiles).

Dr. Fate is cool, surprised he didn't get a teleport.

GL just might be my zoning main. His decent standard projectile, his trait changing it, snk ground projectile, his bomb thing isn't really being placed like Fate healing/damage orb and cold's freeze zones and puddle. Still cool.

I won't answer this. :DOGE
If this was about deadshot, he seems to be the mostly stable zoner, basic horizontal shots, not really a variety. Might play him sonce I did play Deathstroke.

Red Hood MKX

Mercenary dog
Jesus LMAO!!!!!!! you guys seen the comments on that sonic fox deadshot video fucking funny ass fuck. R.I.P deadshot though all those scrubs gonna get him nerfed for sure and only day 1 of the game

Trauma_and_Pain

Filthy Casual
I'm maining Swampy, but everyone needs a zoning character in their pocket - in my opinion. Loving Green Lantern's kit so far, and zoning in general is actually a real thing again. Way better than taking turns doing oki mixups in MKX.

Bleu231

Tohan playing shotgun
I would like to join the Zoning Academy! I'm going to main Deadshot.

I also come with a question: When's the Zoning Academy guild going to be made?

Red Hood MKX

Mercenary dog
I hate that you cant choose player matches with no gear there should be two separate types of player matches one with gear and one without gear because 90 percent of the people i play always leave competitive mode off and its fucking stupid and annoying

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
So how do people feel about zoning? Do you feel the game favors zoning a bit more? Or does offense got the edge?

Do you think at least the meter game in injustice favors zoners? My reasoning being:
  1. With the level of fullscreen zoning I've seen (besides Deadshot),
  2. I'm assuming other zoners have pushbolack similar to deadshot,
  3. Characters needing to spend meter on rolling or ex specials.
  4. Leading to zoners more than likely having more meter when they activate clash, leading to health gain.
  5. Meter gain from using specials and attacks making contact. Yet no meter build on block.
Just looking for any initials feelings. I haven't gotten the game yet.

AK Stormthegates

WOOLAY!!!!
So in the current state of competitive is there any reason to play any other zoner over deadshot? Don't say fun because fun isn't competitive.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
So how do people feel about zoning? Do you feel the game favors zoning a bit more? Or does offense got the edge?
I think it's extremely balanced. There's overwhelming zoning, rushdown, and half/half characters. Very strong diverse playstyles among the cast so far.

Do you think at least the meter game in injustice favors zoners? My reasoning being:
  1. With the level of fullscreen zoning I've seen (besides Deadshot),
  2. I'm assuming other zoners have pushbolack similar to deadshot,
  3. Characters needing to spend meter on rolling or ex specials.
  4. Leading to zoners more than likely having more meter when they activate clash, leading to health gain.
  5. Meter gain from using specials and attacks making contact. Yet no meter build on block.
Just looking for any initials feelings. I haven't gotten the game yet.[/QUOTE]

I think so, but I think in Injustice 1 zoners built more meter by design too. I feel like Zod, Sinestro, and Raven built more meter/did more chip than Flash, Batgirl, and Bane even though they were equally good respectively.

So in the current state of competitive is there any reason to play any other zoner over deadshot?
Dr. Fate, Ivy, and Darkseid are amazing. Characters like Cyborg and Blue Beetle are unexplored. Green Lantern is now designed around zoning and space control and is considered Top 5 by quite a few top players.

So yes, I would say there are a few reasons.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
I think it's extremely balanced. There's overwhelming zoning, rushdown, and half/half characters. Very strong diverse playstyles among the cast so far.
Dr. Fate, Ivy, and Darkseid are amazing. Characters like Cyborg and Blue Beetle are unexplored. Green Lantern is now designed around zoning and space control and is considered Top 5 by quite a few top players.

So yes, I would say there are a few reasons.
I still need to check out a few character breakdowns. Good to know I picked a possible top 5.

You see anything that could be potentially nerves right now? I know NRS is notorious for the early patches but honestly their games need them anyways.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
I still need to check out a few character breakdowns. Good to know I picked a possible top 5.

You see anything that could be potentially nerves right now? I know NRS is notorious for the early patches but honestly their games need them anyways.
There's a couple of things I definitely have seen that look extremely, "problematic", to put it nicely, ironically none to do with Deadshot. I haven't voiced it publicly yet because it's still too early and i gave my word that I wouldn't say anything about what I saw. I do want to see how a couple of things play out when they're brought out in tourney also.

For the most part though, it seems that the game itself is easily the best launch balance they've ever done, so I'm thinking positive when it comes to future balancing since there's no "mess" so to say to clean up. People like to knock NRS for balance, and rightfully so at times, but I think this is gonna be the game that it's very balanced and diverse.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
There's a couple of things I definitely have seen that look extremely, "problematic", to put it nicely, ironically none to do with Deadshot. I haven't voiced it publicly yet because it's still too early and i gave my word that I wouldn't say anything about what I saw. I do want to see how a couple of things play out when they're brought out in tourney also.

For the most part though, it seems that the game itself is easily the best launch balance they've ever done, so I'm thinking positive when it comes to future balancing since there's no "mess" so to say to clean up. People like to knock NRS for balance, and rightfully so at times, but I think this is gonna be the game that it's very balanced and diverse.
These two paragraphs leave me in the same state of uncertainty NRS games always give me. Seen some "problematic" things but this game has "the best launch balance". Guess I'll be looking forward to combo breaker too. Can't wait to see Top 8. The salt is going to be insane. You should enter, you'll probaby be powered up.

@General M2Dave

How does one get credentials of the zoning academy to be considered a "general." (Or even a Lieutenant General, the rank below)

Please read what follows, as I hope to inspire and motivate not only our LORD M2DAVE but also, the mind and hearts of my follow zoner and those who wish to become on.

MK9- Freddy
IGAU- Lex and Sinestro since day 1
MKX- Quan Chi since day 1
IG2- Dr Fate and Supes since day 1

I remember going on games like Tekken, Guilty Gear, Mario Kart and thinking "where the fuck is my fireball."

I remember that countless nightmares of the rushdown scrubs and their 50/50s ruining my favourite games.

I remember being what feel the only EU zoner with a voice and name.

I remember the countless number of messages calling me and my zoning "Gay" or "Spammer" and how it fuelled my inner love, passion and desire for zoning.

The Zoner's Dream

I have a dream that one day this planet will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident; that all men are created equal apart from the rushdown noobs."

I have a dream that one day on the red hills of Georgia the sons of former Zoner and the sons of former 50/50 merchants will be able to sit down together at the table of brotherhood.

I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by their play style of zoning but by the content of their character.

I have a dream

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

My aim is life is to become a considered EU General to our Lord M2Dave's zoning creed and to bring it to each and every tournament I attend whether it is big or small.

Until my name is carved in the holy stone of M2dave's zoning post, my mission, lifework and dream has not been accomplished.

We are not noobs, we can defeat the living cancer of mindless rushdown and inject the life of a zoner into those plague with the disease.

gibster13

A fan of fans
I pray for Black Manta to be confirmed.

He is the biggest don in the DC Universe imo.

Based on what he has, he should most certainly be a zoner.

He has massive lasers and a shit ton of guns and lasers in his suit