What's new

The Zoning Academy (Injustice 2 Edition)

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
It's the same principle of baiting a teleport and punishing it. Is that really such a hard concept for you to understand? You don't have 8 frames to react. You have the start up of the dash, the roll itself, and then the 8 frames. It's really not that bad. Seriously teleporting is more useful to get around zoning since the mb roll gets clipped by projectiles all the time if you don't do it super pre emptive. It's not a bridge I'm trying to sell you. As it stands it's not as powerful as you think. If you change your zoning timing it's super easy to punish it. I'll record me doing it tonight
Are you on PSN? Add me. AoN_SaltShaker

DubiousShenron

Beware my power.
Mb roll isn't nearly as good as I thought it would be. Of course it depends on the character, but some characters have poor mb rolls and it can also be punished during the animation with a throw.

Mb roll is okay against projectiles. Mb roll out of the corner with zoning characters is arguably better than mb rolling in against projectiles

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Is there one with a moveset based on long range normals? I'm talking like fullscreen dhaslim or axl low type moveset. Preferably more like axl.

A characer that places things on the playing field?

A character uses projectile speeds to switch up their fireball barrage?

A character with a variety of projectiles, something like metallic tremor?

And it's probably easier when the game actually comes out, but I came to thread looking for character info obviously, it might be good to place brief explanations of the zoners and their overall playstyle in the OP?

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Is there one with a moveset based on long range normals? I'm talking like fullscreen dhaslim or axl low type moveset. Preferably more like axl.
Scarecrow has maybe the longest range normals. A couple are like half screen and such. Nothing Dhalsim level though.

A characer that places things on the playing field?
Quite a few of these, but the new GL, Dr. Fate, and Captain Cold are building an early rep.

A character uses projectile speeds to switch up their fireball barrage?
GL can when in trait. Some have different speeds when MB. Can't think off the top of my head here.

A character with a variety of projectiles?
I won't answer this. :DOGE

And it's probably easier when the game actually comes out, but I came to thread looking for character info obviously, it might be good to place brief explanations of the zoners and their overall playstyle in the OP?
When it comes out the character threads will be stacked with info since it's new game and all. Just hold on like, after tonight. It'll be stacked lol.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
I won't answer this.
Is it obvious who would or am I missing a joke?

When it comes out the character threads will be stacked with info since it's new game and all. Just hold on like, after tonight. It'll be stacked lol.
I bet there will be info everywhere but say someone comes to tym with no knowledge of the injustice 2 besides it exists. I've been through the discussion threads, there not really conducive to gathering general character info. I found them more useful after I already picked a character to learn and from there I can get info like combos, and ask for tips. And that's if they stay updated. It's not until guides come out can I find the basic info like "character X is a setup heavy character looking to score a knockdown and apply tricky attacks using special A" or "Character Y keeps his opponent away with Special B and C as well as quick movement options". I tried getting a thing started during MKx but it didn't really take off. That thought process was antone who has no clue who to pick can stop in that thread. Look at character descriptions (that really should be in every fighter but the genre stay lagging behind), then from thereal head on to character specific forums for more info. Figured I try to plant the seeds of the idea somewhere else while I was here. :D

I hate it. Not saying it shouldn't be available or whatnot, but there's almost no consequence in using it, so it's like you have to always be aware that they can use it at any moment. There shouldn't be instant recovery imo. I can't imagine how the non-Deadshot players handle it, but I have a way with my character.
Hmmm, interesting discussion you had with the others about reacting to the MB roll. I see it as a problem because as you stated its rather quick and recovers fast. Perhaps baiting it and following through with an armored attack will be a great option? What happens when both characters MB roll?

Is it obvious who would or am I missing a joke?

I bet there will be info everywhere but say someone comes to tym with no knowledge of the injustice 2 besides it exists. I've been through the discussion threads, there not really conducive to gathering general character info. I found them more useful after I already picked a character to learn and from there I can get info like combos, and ask for tips. And that's if they stay updated. It's not until guides come out can I find the basic info like "character X is a setup heavy character looking to score a knockdown and apply tricky attacks using special A" or "Character Y keeps his opponent away with Special B and C as well as quick movement options". I tried getting a thing started during MKx but it didn't really take off. That thought process was antone who has no clue who to pick can stop in that thread. Look at character descriptions (that really should be in every fighter but the genre stay lagging behind), then from thereal head on to character specific forums for more info. Figured I try to plant the seeds of the idea somewhere else while I was here. :D
I'll assume it is Deadshot. Three unique ammo types, "trait" wrist cannon and rifle.

OmGxBdON

I'm going to make Fate top ten
Excited for the new age of zoning. Gonna play dr.fate and possibly cyborg, swampy and firestorm. No ones talking about firestorm but he seems extremely good.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
I'll assume it is Deadshot. Three unique ammo types, "trait" wrist cannon and rifle.
Ah so it was obvious. I've barely paid attention to this game so I forgot he was even on the roster. I'll check out the Deadshot video later. But are the ammo types all the same move but with different hit properties (I1 GA or Arrow kung jin)?

Ah so it was obvious. I've barely paid attention to this game so I forgot he was even on the roster. I'll check out the Deadshot video later. But are the ammo types all the same move but with different hit properties (I1 GA or Arrow kung jin)?
A la Kung Jin, each ammo has different properties. Blue ammo is hard-knockdown, green steals the rushdown cur's meter and red does DOT. Aris (AvoidingThePuddle) has a nice little corner combo if you check out his YT.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Lbsh you guys don't want zoning... All you want is brain dead pew pew hence all the fate mains..
Fate is one of those characters that was getting a "meh" reaction from a lot of people during the site test plays, until people got their hands on the game lol. Can't argue that.

Shaka

Tier Whore.
So you're "easily punishing" 8f recovery MB Rolls in actual match pace? I find that very hard to believe.
lol no but if u see them rolling u can already start inputting your punishing attacks. Mb rolls are only projectile invincible.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
I feel like I have atoned for my batgirl ways with my stint as balanced Kenshi, full auto Jacqui and pyro Tanya.

Injustice 2 will see me using ivy, firestorm and fate.

OmGxBdON

I'm going to make Fate top ten
I feel like I have atoned for my batgirl ways with my stint as balanced Kenshi, full auto Jacqui and pyro Tanya.

Injustice 2 will see me using ivy, firestorm and fate.
No offense but full auto was stupid good and pyro tanya is a character u dont need good nuetral with