Votes: 14 41.2%
  • Not sure yet.

Votes: 8 23.5%
  • Pretty beasty, but still not my fav.

Votes: 12 35.3%

• Total voters

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
From what I do see, I definitely think Jax is gonna be fun to use. I'm only worried about his ground pound launching on hit now, though not as much as at first.

TWZTID

Noob
i like what they did with Jax. i wonder if he has a projectile. The launching GP will make ir interesting but i really like his gotcha grab and dashing punch.

I cant wait to use him for sure now.

i like what they did with Jax. i wonder if he has a projectile. The launching GP will make ir interesting but i really like his gotcha grab and dashing punch.

I cant wait to use him for sure now.
At about 6 minutes he uses a blue shot like MK2

TWZTID

Noob
DAMN I MISSED THAT!!! i guess i better watch it again :/

EDIT- I didnt see that far into it the first time. awesome

SZSR

Noob
He basically has all of his important moves and looks like a pretty awesome character to play as.

His midfight victory is pretty funny/cool and his X-ray is the bee's knees.:p

AC1984

Kaballin!
IMO He would be the most awesome character so far if he didnt have that stupid gun attached to his back....why do things always the cheesy way....why not go back to simplicity....

BecomingDeath13

"You won't winter over?" Who the fuck wrote that?
IMO He would be the most awesome character so far if he didnt have that stupid gun attached to his back....why do things always the cheesy way....why not go back to simplicity....
He's military. In the marines or army etc. Your taught to never go anywhere w/o your firearm. I can see him having it with him for that reason, I'd be perfectly fine if it was just cosmetic. He doesn't need to fire the weapon at all. Leave that for Stryker.

Tim Static

Adminerator
He's military. In the marines or army etc. Your taught to never go anywhere w/o your firearm. I can see him having it with him for that reason, I'd be perfectly fine if it was just cosmetic. He doesn't need to fire the weapon at all. Leave that for Stryker.
His weapons are attached to his shoulders! he was fine without it for about 3 games before they ruined the character.

imo he is by far the worst of the announced characters.

AC1984

Kaballin!
He doesnt look that bad...come on give hi ma chance :)...also Hector said in the new interview that they are looking forward to be bale to release plain simple costumes...That might not be a bad thing.

BecomingDeath13

His weapons are attached to his shoulders! he was fine without it for about 3 games before they ruined the character.

imo he is by far the worst of the announced characters.
His weapon can be fixed by just throwing a diagonal torso strap to attach the gun too. I agree he was fine without the gun. They however have him with it and there isn't much we can do but accept it. I just really hope he doesn't fire the gun.

The guy next to me in class this morning saw the Jax preview. He liked it.

I like his jab. Best jab in a MK game so far that i've seen. Real boxer style type jab with MMA style grapple moves. Not that good but good enough for combos.

promove ground pound is a waste of a bar. Nice OTG though.

projectile is too fancy. probably needs to be toned down a little.

dash punch is going to be really good if its like b2 lex (stuns for free hit).

his hitboxes + stance look very normal and how all characters should be. front leg sticks out too far = stuff whiffing up close

possible move for him is give him a parry, which grants the gotcha grab or something.

btw - dont you think its time to do away with the moves that are 100% worthless and unsafe? we have been complaining about them forever. we dont want worthless moves. they serve no purpose even to a casual player.

BecomingDeath13

I hated the wide stances in the 3D games. Especially Ermacs Naun Chaun. I agree with check about the stances looking better now. Also agree on his hit boxes. I remember seeing a Sub-Zero vs Nightwolf match where what appeared to be a basic front kick from Nightwolf hit Subby immediately at the round start with a gap large enough to fit another character in between them. I've seen this issue with Kitana's hit boxes as well. From the recent MKast Kitana's are looking better so we seem to be getting where we need too be.

Johnny_Cage

Earthrealm's biggest STAR
Pretty badass, but not my favorite- as i have an all-time favorite and that's not changing- it's ME!
About time we got a damn grappler. I hope he plays like Zangief or Fuerte- i like those 2.
And the air throw looks freaking sick!

DrDogg

Noob
Does anyone think that Jax getting some invincibility during his dash punch would make him a lot better?
No. The Dash Punch is currently a combo ender and a whiff punisher. Giving it invincibility wouldn't really change that, especially if it stayed high (although it would depend on how much invincibility).

I'd prefer to see the Ground Pound sped up to be at least as fast as Nightwolf's lightning or maybe even Sheeva's Ground Stomp. The overhead smash should also grant enough advantage on block to get an uninterruptable f+4.

I'd love to see Gotcha Grab act as a normal grab that can't be blocked, but I think that's asking for too much... lol.