What's new

The Warrior Shrine: Questions, Answers, Tonewood

Charybdis

We are returned! Death to the False Emperor!
Need a Monday pick up? Got your back, Jack (and everyone else too, but particularly Jack).

Welcome back to the Warrior Shrine, the FGC focused wing of TYM's favourite podcast, the Netherkast. As always, the Shrine features the FGC's very own @Temp and @JangoGM passing down what are unquestionable edicts upon which you are honour bound to base your lives. Get in on it.

This episode continues the recent Netherkast theme of answering listeners questions (which can include yours too), so join my two favourite Southerners (one's Texan and one's an Arkie, but neither of them sound it) for over three hours of what may very well be my favourite Netherkast podcast of all time.

From a eulogy for the MVC series and its role in shaping the modern FGC, to Marvel movies, to gameplay designs, to Soul Calibur (am I the only guy who legitimately dislikes that goddamn series), it is all here ladies and gents (who am I kidding, just gents). In addition, the boys show their worldliness in a little aside about the impact different kinds of wood has on bass and guitar. This debate is of course meaningless, as the best guitar sound possible was of course achieved by Chuck Schuldiner in 1988

But it's definitely something I'm gonna quote to girls to sound like I know jack-**** about actual guitars instead of just metal.

For real though, this is a sterling example of podcasting, all delivered to a wonderful soundtrack of thunder and lightning and I encourage every single one of you to check it out.

The one and only Jango also provides MP3 download links here for the Youtube-disinclined: https://archive.org/download/WarriorShrineQuestionsAnswersTonewood/Warrior Shrine - Questions Answers Tonewood.mp3

Unfortunately, the boys fail to appreciate the urgent need for buffs to Superman and firmly nail their colours to the mast as anti-Jacqui scum. They also refer to me as an 'occasional friend of the show', rather than my official title of 'Caesar of East and West, Lord of the island of Ireland, King of the Celts and Emperor of all Hibernia' and will therefore soon be executed by my loyal soldiers.

I am not without mercy though: I will permit Jango to be bodied by Superman one last time and for Temp to go out looking at a picture of Li Mei.

Where was I? Oh yes. Sorry, got a little sidetracked.

Dive on into this awesome episode and delve into the murky depths of the Warrior Shrines back catalogue here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZcMPHTCJmlj7oZrwI8Q_Zg

And as always, check back to TYM for all the latest news and happening in the NRS world, including Injustice and Mortal Kombat!