What's new

The war points system must change.

Lokheit

Noob
The current war points system is messed up and penalizes factions for being popular.

The Lin Kuei hasn't wont since week 1 (I know because I can't unlock the faction kill since the game counted me as joining "mid week" during that first war) when they destroyed everyone and apparently NRS changed the system so factions with a lot of players would get less points, or the average of points per player, I'm not sure.

You can see this when the Lin Kuei ALWAYS wins the invasion boss, as they have a lot of players dealing fast damage to the boss instead of using the average damage each player deals to that boss. But then after curbstomping the invasion, they tend to be dead last in the overal war.

I guess I wouldn't be so mad if I got the faction kill during that first buggy week, as the war doesn't seem to add anything that would keep you interested on it past the faction kill reward anyway, but at this point seeing how this hasn't been adressed yet makes me think I won't be able to unlock everything in the game because my faction is penalized for being the most liked one. Having all the hardest unlocks already in my account and still not being able to throw that brain freeze...

Raphael Valiant

PSN: slickz_23
The current war points system is messed up and penalizes factions for being popular.

The Lin Kuei hasn't wont since week 1 (I know because I can't unlock the faction kill since the game counted me as joining "mid week" during that first war) when they destroyed everyone and apparently NRS changed the system so factions with a lot of players would get less points, or the average of points per player, I'm not sure.

You can see this when the Lin Kuei ALWAYS wins the invasion boss, as they have a lot of players dealing fast damage to the boss instead of using the average damage each player deals to that boss. But then after curbstomping the invasion, they tend to be dead last in the overal war.

I guess I wouldn't be so mad if I got the faction kill during that first buggy week, as the war doesn't seem to add anything that would keep you interested on it past the faction kill reward anyway, but at this point seeing how this hasn't been adressed yet makes me think I won't be able to unlock everything in the game because my faction is penalized for being the most liked one. Having all the hardest unlocks already in my account and still not being able to throw that brain freeze...
So ur suggestion is?

Lokheit

Noob
So ur suggestion is?
Well, the current system is unfair, and the one during the first week would make the Lin Kuei always the winning faction which wouldn't be fair either.

I think they should get the analytics and data from all these weeks that is there as the game constantly bombards us with stats messages and rankings, and find a way to reward players being active without punishing for having a lot of inactive ones, like put some requisites for each player to really count for the faction average (like at least have done x things during the week) instead of making them count as a flat cero for their faction average completly ruing the score. Once you meet the requeriments to count for your faction, then you're part of the average score, if you're not playing, you don't hurt the faction.

This way you're sure that you're really counting the players that want to compete.

Raphael Valiant

PSN: slickz_23
Well, the current system is unfair, and the one during the first week would make the Lin Kuei always the winning faction which wouldn't be fair either.

I think they should get the analytics and data from all these weeks that is there as the game constantly bombards us with stats messages and rankings, and find a way to reward players being active without punishing for having a lot of inactive ones, like put some requisites for each player to really count for the faction average (like at least have done x things during the week) instead of making them count as a flat cero for their faction average completly ruing the score. Once you meet the requeriments to count for your faction, then you're part of the average score, if you're not playing, you don't hurt the faction.

This way you're sure that you're really counting the players that want to compete.
Maybe u start to mail the netherrealm team, it such a good idea. Im sure mkx has tons of feature that otherfighting games not. They will listen.

Last edited:

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
Once you get to a faction level of 50, switch factions and rinse and repeat.

Atomic Era

Grundy want pants too.
I just want "The Truth" and "Burner" backgrounds to unlock correctly. That's all I care about now from anything faction related.

Jaku2011

Filled with determination
Just make all the faction kills available at 50 no one cares about the war and the kills aren't that good anyway.

BillStickers

Do not touch me again.
The system itself is buggy as shit -- on PC, you don't even get accurate data and the last time I checked they still haven't fixed the graph to correctly show the stats of each faction lol.

Matix218

Get over here!
Definitely the most pressing issue with this game. I hope NRS puts all of the other issues on the back burner and adresses this right away.

:DOGE

Faction Wars is the most useless and dumbest thing ever introduced in a MK game.

Already have the Win 14 Weeks the Faction War rewards and who the hell cares if you get some more XP badges if XP is useless anyway.

Would have preferred Puzzle, Chess or Motor Kombat to this garbage.
Puzzle Kombat was the tits!!