What's new

The Viennality new kotal tech

I've done this before, actually it's a part of my basic things with Kotal. One of the few things he got going himself.

Wigy

There it is...
Can't be that obvious if people are only just finding out about it now.
Who are people though. This has been a well known thing since mkx. It's like making a thread about a d1 tick grab.

Idk just very very surprised this isnt widely known. It was one of the first few things I checked on him when I was messing around with characters at the beginning

If it's not widely known then fair enough, might as well show it off.

DDutchguy

Stand 4'ing airplanes out of the sky
Whether some people might have known about this or not, this is still worth posting for the showcase of it being uninterruptable. Also, for people that don’t play Kotal like me, it’s nice to to not need to go through 19 pages of Kotal General Discussion before I can find tech like this.

Showcase was good and to the point, thanks for the video Qwark

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Who are people though. This has been a well known thing since mkx. It's like making a thread about a d1 tick grab.

Idk just very very surprised this isnt widely known. It was one of the first few things I checked on him when I was messing around with characters at the beginning

It's not known because it's from a jumpkick. It's not a common tick throw at all.

The entire point is that it's from a nearly un antiairable JIK that also converts into 280 dmg, and you don't care if your opp pressed buttons because it still combos in the corner. That's the point of it, and no tick throw is like this, so comparing it to D1 is completely out of touch.

Not sure who you've played but I doubt it was a cancel, more like a JIK on block into command grab. It also means that you can't press buttons after he JIKs, you have to jump.

There's several things this gives you, it's the exact opposite of any tick throw of previous NRS games, especially with the game's mechanics and design.

Sesal Snow

Exorcist, Demonologist and Master of the Dark Arts
I must say this is something I have been doing myself since the start I always in every nrs make sure to check all tech throw options from most normal's and jump normal's. How ever this highlights all the options that can be used and the mind game your opponent will have to think about which not many people even know or realise. It does seem obvious to some of us that this would have been known but the truth is its not well known at all.
So just want to say thanks to @Qwark28 for highlighting this we Kotals need all the help we can get ^_^.

FreshFromTheDeli

FrostFromTheDeli

Well I'm a person, & 1 more person will make it people which is the case even taking into account who have replied have said as much.

Just because you may know something since MK X doesn't mean others won't. Sharing tech is sharing tech, if you already know the tech then move on.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
There's a certain weirdness to something supposedly being so obvious and known, yet not having been posted anywhere.

Posts like in this thread are always the sort of "how did you guys not know this, so obvious."

And I know it hasn't been posted bc I scour the forums, discord, Twitter for literally any kotal discussion.

Xzyj

Noob
Next time on testyourmight:

New character tech!!
So, you run up to the guy, AND! do a mid or a throw, and he has to guess!! POGGERS

for real though i'm glad you guys are enjoying kotal more, it's just really something that seems pretty obvious from start, especially considering jumkick into normals/throw mixup that already exists for all characters and been used a lot lately, kotal just has mid advantage on his command throw which is even more powerful for that scenario

DoctorSexual

XBL: DoctorSexual PSN: Osh-Tek
This is actually really exciting tech as a Kotal player.

I believe these are the kinds of things that help fully round out a person's game. Especially when you play a character exclusively it can be easy to fall into a rut and overlook "obvious" things. Even though this seems "obvious" now.. This was something I never even thought to mess with and now I'm definitely going to be adding it into my toolkit.

Malec

Noob
I used this with Bone Picker Baraka all the time but never tried with Kotal. So thx for the reminder.
People should be more grateful for every tech there is, obvious or not.