What's new

Tech The underuse of Sky Alert and Dead on.

Derocus

'The Cage Mage'
Facing GA's online, I don't think I've ever seen the two moves 'sky alert' or 'dead on' used at all. They're amazing moves if you use them correctly.

Sky Alert (DB1) is fantastic for starting a combo on an airborne opponent like cross-up happy Batmans or when a gadget/acrobatic character uses a corner intractable to leap over you.
You can 11/22 into an ice arrow or just B3 if they're high enough.

Dead on ( AIR DB1) is fantastic to use on characters charging at you like Bane or Flash's running man. Neutral jump, then use the move as they pass under you.
A meterburn version will give you a hard knockdown, otherwise you have advantage on hit.
It's fantastic to use against an opponent's wake up and it's effectiveness increases tenfold when you got your opponent in the corner.
Upon connection of a regular 'dead on', you can straight into your d1/b2~arrows mix up game.

So yeah. Hope this helps anyone who hasn't been using these moves to their full advantage ;)

ahg1992

Noob
I agree, I don't really see anyone throw these out online. I think these moves, along with regluar arrows and the pressure you can create with them are pretty underrated.
My go-to jump-in is a crossup ji3~dead on (20%/34%MB) . I suspect most people don't really notice how much it chunks their health bar. It seems awkward for people to try to clash against too since it's such a quick combo.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
I agree, I don't really see anyone throw these out online. I think these moves, along with regluar arrows and the pressure you can create with them are pretty underrated.
My go-to jump-in is a crossup ji3~dead on (20%/34%MB) . I suspect most people don't really notice how much it chunks their health bar. It seems awkward for people to try to clash against too since it's such a quick combo.
I was messing with this yesterday.

The only problem is if you read a jump over on wakeup and do skyalert, and they stay on the ground...you get punished.

SoapBar

My pussy, my rules
Sky Alert also works wonders for knocking Doomsday out of Supernova (MB and normal).

I main Doomsday, so this is GREAT news.:(

They do have their use but they are matchup specific or used for specific scenarios hence the reason you rarely see a Green Arrow player use the moves. On block dead on is really negative and highly punishable. In this game some characters have moves that aren't really that usefull and only work in certain situations, it's not only limited to Green Arrow.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
the reason you don't see it done online is because if you are going for sky alerts to stop cross ups, half the time you get hurricane bow because of the fucking lag and the input reverses when they cross over the top.

I've been using Dead On during my end game lately because I love cross up J3 so much, MBing this on a cross up is fast and usually catches people off guard as it does hit over head.

The advantage on hit can be deceiving because you lose most of it before you even land,

and you have to be very careful if you are trying to stuff wake ups, because tons of them will just go right through that shit.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Sky alert is useless with that slow startup lol, i rather, J3 punish instead of Sky alert on read, the gamble is way too heavy on the opponent's favor, if you miss judge the range, even if you get the timing (gamble) right, the arrow will not even hit the opponent, only the MB version is useful, but MB GA moves are also useless due ice Arrow Damage Scaling, so...

the move will just stay there as decoration until someone really starts to read crossups with accuracy and stops them, but if it whiffs you will know what will happen.

On side note, the move is good for corner combos, or B3 combos, but to counter jumps i wouldn't advise it at all, hella slow.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
I brought this up like a month ago and had folks looking for the best combos for the MB versions that each do 20%+ respectively by themselves. The MB are kind of sketchy though due to the INSANE recovery so they are in combo only tools and rather tricky to time. Otherwise I love them. You can stop your falls with one and AA with the other for combos. At least Chris G uses them.

Karyotic

Destiny leaves it's mark
The so called "Useless" arrow did get buffed, I have to agree though they need to be used more I feel the same way about the frozen arrow being over used and the others neglected. Really feel the character has more potential then what he's being used for, even just the regular arrows can be used for a dash trap full screen.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Against chargers with floaty jumps, I like using df2. Like Zod for example when he is jumping zoning and waiting for me to jump to use his 1 frame grab, I'll use sky alert to hit him out.

If I jump at all ill get grabbed. It's annoying.