What's new

Tech - Summoner The Unbreakable, Meterless Tile Vortex

The_Tile

Your hole is mine!
Concept
Using the height dependant trance advantage tech that I previously uploaded, you can safely vortex without spending meter. However, if the opponent had breaker previously you would have had to end your turn and cash out on unbreakable damage or take the breaker. Now I have found a meterless, unbreakable combo which loops on itself for over 20% damage per rep.

Application
Now, this can be initiated off any normal vortex attempt if bat is out, which with the height dependant trance advantage it always should be, so even if your opponent has breaker they still can't escape except for guessing right. This is huge as it means guessing right is now literally the only way to escape.

Safety
The best part about all of this is that it's Quan Chi. So ofcourse, he's basically safe. I say that because the overhead can be made 100% safe, however there is a gap between B3 and skull. Quan can armor break any armor attempt through the gap or choose to keep himself safe, so it's basically a 50/50 after a 50/50 but if they guess both of them you'll be punished. A video demonstrates both these options below.

Also, I'm pretty certain there's a window right at the end of trance where the opponent still can't move but you can't combo them, like Imposter's mimicry, I'm not sure how to test it to be sure though. Even if I am wrong it theoretically should be possible to make it so there's only 1 frame to backdash or armor anyway as there's no reversal window when coming out of hitstun.

Cashing Out
If you need to go for the kill but they have a breaker then no need to worry! Below are some unbreakable combos, starting with 50/50s, to cash out with at any point.

The whole point of my lab work tonight was to re-explore his unbreakable damage, but instead I stumbled across this. Hope you guys enjoyed! Cause you won't if you verse a Quan who uses this.

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
So this is fucking amazing, but I gotta be that guy:

I think you can break the low or overhead after the trance. Yes you read that correctly.

If you hit someone during the hitstun they can break out even if it doesn't combo.

Braindead

If they can't break that must mean they're not in hitstun so they can backdash or armor.

I might be wrong about all that but it's better to double check.

dennycascade

UPR_ghastem
If they can't break that must mean they're not in hitstun so they can backdash or armor.

I might be wrong about all that but it's better to double check.
Technically there's a (possibly) one frame window after a restand like quan's trance, Bo's fart etc where the combo ends and you can jail your followup, but it's really really tight. I haven't tested it with trance specifically but I know 100% this works for Bo's fart.

Braindead

Technically there's a (possibly) one frame window after a restand like quan's trance, Bo's fart etc where the combo ends and you can jail your followup, but it's really really tight. I haven't tested it with trance specifically but I know 100% this works for Bo's fart.
Yeah I'm pretty sure you can use that window to break the next combo.

dennycascade

UPR_ghastem
This tech is crazy, good stuff man. I hope I never have to go up against this in a real game lol. Imagine having meter for a breaker but still having to watch quan melt that life bar away with every repeated vortex.

@The_Tile there is a small window of hitstun when you can't combo anymore but they can't move. My thread about the NJP leading to a splat out of the Trance hitstun but starting a new combo (and therefore rescaling the damage) proves it. NJP splats there because they are in a hitstun from the previous combo but the combo counter resets. That means you can jail them with b3 after trance at the max height (don't think you can with b2 though, at least I wasn't able to do that). You can also check that by setting the dummy to jump diagonally (forward or backward), if there is even a 1 frame window, your b3 will catch them airborne.
But they can breaker out if they are still in the hitstun from the trance (just like @Braindead said). And if you are hitting them when hitstun expires they have frames to armour out or backdash. I thought about unbreakable vortex before but this realization made me less optimistic about this idea. But I think it can still catch a lot of people of guard, it is a great piece of tech!
Also I think I have a bigger unbreakable combo somewhere in my vaults))) will have to check that when I have a chance) I might be wrong though

The_Tile

Your hole is mine!
What @Braindead brought up is actually true IIRC, that slipped my mind. I also think what @dennycascade said is true where it's theoretically possible to make it so there's just a 1 frame window to escape and you shouldn't be able to break.

Either way the opponent can try to break and risk you delaying the mixup slightly, then they take the unbreakable damage, or they try to armor or back dash and risk getting armor broken or immediately relaunched.

Maybe not as good as I first thought but still good to know.

Last edited: