What's new

The Ultimate UMK3 Reptile Guide

ded

Elder God
Yeah, but MKT N64 hitboxes are different. The only way to test if the Invisibility is real inf is to ask a competent TAS player to give it a try vs Baraka.

As for Motaro, it's an inf in n64. Never really tried it on Arcade/MKT CD.

The Aggressor is overall broken and even more broken in N64 version. I believe all high-level MKT players (both CD and N64) always turn that off.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Hey so @Biggs are you gonna use Reptile at the Ohio tournament next year?

If not, would love to at least get some casuals in. I know it’s a counter pick, but I love Ermac vs Reptile. Against really good Reptile players the MU is a lot of fun.

Biggs

FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
Updated with images of Reptile's Hitboxes, True Damage and Chip Percentages, and Startup Frames. Also added an entry on the Throw because I forgot it before.

You can see all of the hitboxes here: https://imgur.com/a/z3GZ6lQ

If you have any questions about how any of this was accomplished i'd be glad to explain.

Biggs

FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
Hey so @Biggs are you gonna use Reptile at the Ohio tournament next year?

If not, would love to at least get some casuals in. I know it’s a counter pick, but I love Ermac vs Reptile. Against really good Reptile players the MU is a lot of fun.
I'm not sure if I'd play him in tournament, but i'd definitely run casuals with him!

Biggs

FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
Reactions: Mgo

ded

Elder God
crouch LP/LK infinites works only when P2 is in the right corner. to be honest, i've never tried it with player 2 tho :)

Biggs

FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
Seven Joe from Venezuela does a great job in this video demonstrating another key difference with Reptile in N64 Trilogy. In N64 Trilogy the Uppercut is unsafe, Reptile is able to punish it with Slide:

Biggs

FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
I have started to figure out mame-rr TAS with lua script stuff. I will be posting notes about it here.

Something I funny I noticed is that Reptile can do a double explosion on Invisibility with only one Invisible input. You can do this by inputting invisibility and waiting ~19 frames and press HK again, but you can only do 1 extra explosion.

ded

Elder God
that's great! may i ask you to record some combos for me, please? :) i never learned how to work with frame advance.

Mgo

Noob
I have started to figure out mame-rr TAS with lua script stuff. I will be posting notes about it here.

Something I funny I noticed is that Reptile can do a double explosion on Invisibility with only one Invisible input. You can do this by inputting invisibility and waiting ~19 frames and press HK again, but you can only do 1 extra explosion.
we put that here 6:00 mark

just didnt include the Reptile example because it interfered with the Reptile doesn’t reappear after repeating the Invisibility input once he is invisible glitch

Edit: I certainly include it here at 2:25 mark

just didnt include how to do it

Last edited:

Biggs

FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
that's great! may i ask you to record some combos for me, please? :) i never learned how to work with frame advance.
I am actually having some trouble. My lua scripts won't work for LP LK and Run. All the other directions and buttons work. No one else seems to have this problem so I guess I will try it out on a different Windows version and see if it works

ded

Elder God
I have no idea what lua script is, but in case you managed to get it working, let me know please. I've lost contacts with all TAS players and there are few juggles, which I really want to have recorded.

Biggs

FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
I don't know if I posted this in here before, but mame-rr actually has a bug that prevents LK LP and RUN from being inputted by the Lua script engine. I spoke to the person who maintained the project years ago and he is not interested in working on it anymore. If anyone knows anything about C or Lua engines you can try your luck here: https://github.com/TASVideos/mame-rr

Anyway, I was able to TAS the HP Invisibility corner combo and you can only loop it 3-4ish times depending on the character.

Also here's some arcade stick practice:

Reactions: ded

Biggs

FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
Slide whiffs vs: Stand Blocking Female Ninja, Crouching Sonya, Crouch Blocking Lao

Sheeva Relaunch practice (each rep does 13%):

Reactions: ded

Biggs

FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
Reptile Mercy Slide

Ded & ChaosControlBG Reptile Combo FAQ

Last edited:

Biggs

FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
Punishing Teleports with Reptile Infinite. Forceball causes damage scaling. Omitting the Fastball during the teleport punish allows the infinite to kill with ~5 dashes instead of ~8

Last edited:

Biggs

FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
A couple reps of the new Reptile Infinite (LPHP, HP) vs Nightwolf courtesy of Ded and ChaosControlBG. There is also a nice corner combo vs Shang using HP Elbow Dash RH loops. The video also demonstrates that the corner infinite works on Robots and Male Ninjas.

A l i

[TAS]
Hello kombatants. Just discovered this forum some of you knows me. Anything related to Reptile maybe i can help i am maining him and have been very successfull with him online.

@ded @Biggs

Last edited: