What's new

The ultimate MK11 ultimate tournament variation for Jax!

Trevor

Noob
Alright, finally custom variations are here and I have created a video showcasing what I think are his best moves for the perfect tournament variation that turns Jax into a brawling monster and followed the explanation with some of the best combos for this variation. I would really like to hear what other Jax mains think and if they have other ideas in mind. I love a good technical discussion about my main character.

Trevor

Noob
check out this short session, I and @LaidbackOne had with a custom variation for the first time -a little different setup than yours.

Wondering what is your view on this custom setup - this might be an
interesting debate.https://studio.youtube.com/video/N2BfzZUEVzQ/edit
Well, getting rid of ripped is probably the last thing I would do as I mentioned in the video. it's the only truly effective launcher that is easy to hit confirm and does not create conflict with stiff arm. I can't see myself using jax without ripped anymore. The reward for a single bar combo is huge, and you can always delay your gotcha grab hits at the end of each combo to get that offensive bar recharged asap. I also make my opponents more fearful of my B3 than they fear the overheads. A single B3 can lead to a full ripped combo with a single bar for 300+ damage. That is too good not to have it in his arsenal. Quad grab is great, but it limits your offense if you want that KB and the benefits of ripped far outweight the benefits of Quad Grab. Not to mention that good players know the option select to avoid command grabs quite well.

Last edited:
Nice content. I actually uninstalled this game since May lol but this upcoming patch just made me reinstall. I appreciate your analysis on quad grab vs. Ripped, you shed light on how quad grab really is not good due to how easy it is to avoid.

I sware I thought Ringer with the command grab would have been the best kustom variation but I see how less rewarding it is. Because no matter what variation, heat is the most important element with jax so even after a bnb with your variation, you have even more threat.

And let us not forget how the quad grab KB is waaaay too hard to time compared to every other KB in the game, which makes it practically impossible online. I mastered the KB timing and can hit it consistently, but it is still too hard when lag literally prevents it from happening.

Trevor

Noob
I'm about to do an even depeer analysis that should be even more compelling regarding why enhanced outranked, ripped, and expert grappler are so good together. I'm just loving using my limited free time to dissect this character for custom variations. I will post that video soon. Thanks for watching! I appeciate the feedback as the only reward for this kind of content is the feedback.