What's new

Delete Me

_CHINOCUDEIRO_

Machakabotones
General Information

Kano's not the best at anything, but he's really good at a lot of things. He's a very strong, versatile character with the tools to compete well in most matchups.

Pros:
  • a really good 7-frame d1
  • a mostly-safe 50/50 game between f2 and f4
  • a safe advancing mid that gets a KB almost every match (b3)
  • a long-range low-profiling f3
  • good 1-bar punisher in 2-4-1+3(A)-f2~dbf2 (9-frame start-up, 2nd hit is low, -4 on block)
  • good overall mobility and safety
Cons:
  • a reliance on high attacks to get any real damage
You can add to your BnB combo a b2
2,4,1+3(A)~b2-f2-dbf2 298dmg

Jóga

theuglybunny
B1 seems to shine, when they poke the shit out of you - when 22 fails, You go with b1 ex blades.
I can't remember the exact details here but I think b1,EXbf1 is better on block and can be confirmed, it's only like -7 on block where b1,bf1 not enhanced is around -12 on block.
The hit advantage though is basically reversed, bf1 is like +15 on hit, EXbf1 is less, I think +7 or so.
In fact just throwing out a b1 on its own is great for the distance it creates - just thinking now I'd love to know what it is on hit too :) Need to look into this more for setups/follow-ups.

Two other normals worth highlighting:
b2 - Great launcher, good for mid range punishing. Unsafe so not to be thrown out carelessly. b2,f1,dbf2 is my go-to combo with it cause it connects from whatever range for around 20% damage.

b4 - One of his best normals, Kano's sweep has incredible range, startup and is safe (-5) on block. On hit you can land a f4 (overhead wheel kick) if they don't wakeup, or hit with another b4, or dash/jump in and mixup.

PFANT

Noob
Fantastic guide mate!

You did mentioned it, but D4 on block into his command throw is really great. The command throw cancels from D4 almost instantaneously. NJ 2 D4 DBF2 is a fantastic tick throw set up if your opponent is heavy on the blocking.

Also, something that I found with Amplified Kano ball is that you can cross up and reverse direction if you use a jump interactable while standing directly in front of your opponent. I believe this tech was in MKX but i havn't seen anyone utilize it in this game yet. Not the most practical but it looks really cool haha.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Other than some additional kombos, I've been having trouble figuring out what to add to the guide. Characters in this game are so basic that there's really not much to write about, unlike MKX where my Jax and Jacqui guides were quite extensive. I'm sure @Circus can think of some things to add.

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
Other than some additional kombos, I've been having trouble figuring out what to add to the guide. Characters in this game are so basic that there's really not much to write about, unlike MKX where my Jax and Jacqui guides were quite extensive. I'm sure @Circus can think of some things to add.
Yea, definitely! I'll add onto this thread in a bit. I'm just working on a matchup chart at the moment, but I want to be 100% I'm thinking of all possibilities first.

Hey guys. In corner after jk you can land 11,11 then your 24+13 into f2 dbf2. Gives a bit more damage 386 amp his takedown. If you amp his command throw with two bars it's like 413. I'm sure peeps already know this but didn't see it here

Gaxkang

Banned
Yes, S2 jails from D1 (and therefore any string that starts with 2), but it's a 1 frame link difficult to do consistently offline and almost impossible to do online (at least for me).
Yeah when I D1 with Kano I do throws and when I try to think of what else do it makes for a big shrug. And yeah sounds like that S2 isn't useable in practical terms.

If NRS wants D1 to be so important and central in the game...Kano needs to be able to do something else off it.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
If y'all getting bonked by maniac Kung Laos, try this:

You can D1 their teleport attempt, the quicker the better or it may whiff. And you can go into F2 + lumbar check or you can also do a S1 if you have ballz of steel and go into 111+3. Sadly because of the whiffing issues, 241+3 won't connect.

Last edited:
I've been using that quite a bit against Kung Lao and it's been a lifesaver. I don't always see success with the followups but it does stop him getting his damage in.

You can even adjust to the delayed teleport by mashing out a few more D1s so it's no longer as much of a threat used raw in neutral.

Does anyone have advice on how to deal with Jacqui's pressure strings? Once she closes the distance on me (and she always does) I just can't keep her off or interrupt.

I have a similar issue with Cassie's juggle into her re-stand nut kick. Most of the basic Cassie players would invariably wait for the hitstun to end and reset with a throw for unscaled damage however recently in Demi God I've fought more and more who mix in highs and lows instead; is this a guessing game or is there a fuzzy guard technique I can apply?

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
I've been using that quite a bit against Kung Lao and it's been a lifesaver. I don't always see success with the followups but it does stop him getting his damage in.

You can even adjust to the delayed teleport by mashing out a few more D1s so it's no longer as much of a threat used raw in neutral.

Does anyone have advice on how to deal with Jacqui's pressure strings? Once she closes the distance on me (and she always does) I just can't keep her off or interrupt.

I have a similar issue with Cassie's juggle into her re-stand nut kick. Most of the basic Cassie players would invariably wait for the hitstun to end and reset with a throw for unscaled damage however recently in Demi God I've fought more and more who mix in highs and lows instead; is this a guessing game or is there a fuzzy guard technique I can apply?
Cassie is +4 after nut kick restand, so you can try to poke out if you think she grabs, but if she does anything else you're gonna get hit so just block. As a Cassie main, if I have a bar I go for the F4 mix for the combo for sure, if not, I'll throw.