What's new

Guide The Ultimate Deathstroke Guide

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
The Ultimate Deathstroke Guide
Welcome to the Ultimate Deathstroke Guide! This guide will serve as an organized compendium of all the useful Deathstroke-related knowledge I’ve been able to collect and figure out during the course of my 1,000+ matches with the character. I’ve put this character through his paces against such high-level players as Pig Of The Hut, Smarrgasm, Juggs, THTB, and even Perfect Legend. Though I’m sure some of my strategies and opinions will be debatable, I believe I have a firm grasp on just about everything Deathstroke is capable of, and wish to share my experience with the TYM community. Any information gained directly from TYM will be accompanied by the proper user citations.

Table of Contents (click to navigate):

Part One: The Basics (Movement, Normals, and Specials)

Part Two: Combos

Part Three: Rushdown Strategies and Corner Game

Part Four: Zoning Strategies

Part Five: Stage Selection Theory

Part Six: How to Practice

Part Seven: Notable Matchups

Last edited:

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Part One: The Basics

Deathstroke is an exceptionally deep character with a strong footsie game, dirty mix-up potential, and solid combos. Don’t get me wrong, you’ll be shooting your opponents a lot, but without a firm grasp of Deathstroke’s full potential, including his up-close game, you’ll quickly find yourself being rushed down or even counter-zoned by a savvy opponent.

Please pay close attention when I talk about Sword Flip and Sword Spin. I constantly see misunderstandings over players confusing these moves with one another. Sword Flip is where Deathstroke flips forward with his sword out, like Vergil’s Lunar Phase from UMvC3. Sword Spin is where Deathstroke does a little ballet spin in place with his sword held at about waist-level, similar to Baraka’s Blade Spin from MK9.

Movement

I’d say Deathstroke’s movement lies right in the middle of the pack. He’s got a solid jump arc that’s not too floaty but still good for crossups, an average front dash, and a somewhat below-average back dash. Most of your movement will involve walking or jumping backwards while keeping your opponent out with Quick Fire, but some situations will require you to dash in and rush down your opponent.

Normals

Deathstroke has a very solid set of normals that allows him to threaten his opponents from up to just outside sweep distance (about 1/3 of the screen away). Most of his best normals and strings are safe on block, meaning it never hurts to check your opponent with a sword swing or low kick. Here are some descriptions of his best normals:

F3/b3: Deathstroke’s universal launchers both have exceptional range and leave him +10 on block. B3 leads to slightly higher damage but pushes away on block, limiting Deathstroke’s follow-up options. However, f3 will typically leave Deathstroke close enough to his opponent to throw them (with a slight step forward, unless in the corner), or go for additional safe pressure options, such as f23, 323, or b1u2. F3 will even catch airborne opponents attempting to cross up Deathstroke. Meter-burning a f3 against an opponent as an anti-wakeup is almost always a solid choice. The only thing you really need to be careful of when using f3 in the corner or as an anti-wakeup is that it’s easy to accidentally cross-up the opponent, whiffing the f3 in the process or ruining any follow-up potential. Practice your spacing to minimize your chances of whiffs and accidental cross-ups.

Sample Combos:
f3-j2-323-f23-Sword Flip: 33%
b3-j3-323-f23-Sword Flip: 36%

F23: This is an exceptional punishment string, and is also a suitable follow-up to a blocked f3. F23 is a 7-frame mid that leads to 25%~ damage on hit, and leaves Deathstroke +9 on block. The initial hit (f2) has very short range, but if you practice and learn your spacing and reach, this becomes a powerful tool in Deathstroke’s arsenal. Because f23 pushes the opponent back on block, it can be difficult to maintain pressure. B1u2 (covered below) is a good choice, but sometimes the b1 will whiff. The most consistent follow-up I’ve found is 323, which will be covered below.

Sample Combos:
f23-Sword Spin: 16%, keeps opponent standing, safe on block.
f23-Sword Flip: 15%, hard knockdown, unsafe on block.

323: This is Deathstroke’s primary sword-based string. It has a slow start-up (15 frames), but more than makes up for this with its long reach and damage potential. If 323 is blocked, only the 32 will come out, leaving Deathstroke at -6, meaning it’s safe against everything except Superman’s super, as far as I know. If it doesn’t get blocked, the entire string will come out, launching the opponent, and setting them up for solid combo damage. This makes confirming 323 into damaging combos exceptionally easy.

Sample Combos:
323-f23-Sword Flip: 26%

B1u2: This is Deathstroke’s only low-starting string. It comes out a bit slow at 15 frames, but it has deceptive reach and leads to around 32% damage. It’s also completely safe on block. B1u2 is definitely a string you will be using a lot, so make sure to practice it until it’s second nature.

Sample Combos:
b1u2-f3-323-f23-Sword Flip: 32%

B222: This is Deathstroke’s primary overhead string. Completing the string gains you a hard knockdown, though you can replace the final hit with various specials for additional chip and space control. The raw string is safe on block, but will leave Deathstroke at disadvantage.

Sample Combos:
b22-Sword Spin: 14%, keeps opponent standing, safe on block.
b22-Sword Flip: 13%, hard knockdown, unsafe on block.

132: This is one of Deathstroke’s primary punishment strings. It comes out in 7 frames and leads to around 33%~. The only downsides are that the first hit is high, meaning it whiffs on crouching opponents, and the first hit has very short range.

Sample Combos:
132-j2-323-f23-Sword Flip: 33%

123: I know a few Deathstroke players, including tournament champion Aris, who like to toss out 123 on occasion, but I’m personally not a fan of this string. The last hit is an overhead leading into a hard knockdown, which does set up Deathstroke for additional pressure options. However, if I’m already guaranteed a free punish with 1, I’ll always prefer the guaranteed 33% damage of 132. I recommend experimenting to see which option you prefer.

D1: Deathstroke’s d1 comes out in 7 frames and hits low, making it an exceptional punishment tool. Use it to interrupt pressure and confirm into throw or f23. Be careful going from d1 into f23 because Machine Gun can come out by accident. Also be careful going from back-to-block to d1 because Low Shots can come out by accident. I’ve found, when transitioning from back-to-block to d1, that using diagonal bd1 results in fewer instances of accidental Low Shots.

J3: Deathstroke’s jumping 3 is an aerial sword swipe with good range and amazing cross-up potential. Crossing up with j3 can be a little inconsistent, and following up a cross-up can be even less consistent, but it’s worth practicing to get it as consistent as possible. J3 is also approximately +10~ on block, despite what the in-game frame data says, making a follow-up throw or f23 guaranteed pressure, and allowing b1u2 and 323 to be guaranteed follow-ups if you practice the timing. Sometimes the f2 from f23 can whiff after a blocked j3, so do be careful about that and try to get a feel for when you can connect a solid f23 followup.

Sample Combos:
j3-323-f23-Sword Flip: 34%

J2: Deathstroke's j2 can cause very ambiguous crossups, and linking follow-up attacks from it is a bit more consistent than j3. It does a bit less damage and is a bit more vulnerable to anti-airs, but it leaves the opponent in a standing state, allowing b1u2 to connect into a full combo that must be blocked standing and then crouching. This is great to toss out after a hard knockdown because sometimes even you will have trouble figuring out which side it will connect on, making it exceptionally difficult to block.

Sample Combo:
j2-b1u2-f3-323-f23-Sword Flip: 35%

J1: This works very similarly to j2, only it's a bit easier to cross up your opponent. Other than that, it does a little bit less damage than j2 and has a smaller hitbox.

And finally, a quick warning regarding Deathstroke’s d3. This normal should rarely, if ever, be used. It’s -12 on block and keeps your opponent adjacent to you, making it an exceptionally dangerous attack to throw out. When it comes to 15-frame lows, b1u2 is what you should be using. It has the same, if not better, range, is totally safe on block, and leads to 32% damage. You should really never be using Deathstroke’s d3.

Specials

Quick Fire (6% damage): The different variations of Quick Fire (regular, air, and low) are going to be your most-used tools. Regular Quick Fire is a 10-frame move that is typically safe when used from no closer than ¾ screen distance from your opponent. Used as a reversal, this can punish almost any special move that appears on, over, or under you, including Sinestro’s Boulder, Aquaman’s Ground Trident, and Black Adam’s Black Magic.

MB Quick Fire (16% damage): This does 16% damage, making it an exceptional way to punish unsafe specials from as far as full screen. It’s also a good way to throw off opponents attempting to block-dash through Deathstroke’s zoning, and to catch opponent’s trying to jump over your bullets.

Air Quick Fire (6% damage): This is the exact same as Quick Fire, just done in the air. When done low to the ground, either at the start or end of a jump arc, it has somewhat faster recovery than a normal shot. I typically don’t waste my time on “instant-air” Quick Fire, limiting my aerial shots to the end of back-jumps, just before I hit the ground.

Low Shots (6% damage): This version of Quick Fire must be blocked low, and is basically guaranteed chip after any knockdown. It comes out a bit slower at 14 frames, and is relatively unsafe even on hit when used up close, but it’s still an invaluable tool that you will be using constantly.

MB Low Shots (11% damage): Like MB.Quick Fire, MB.Low Shots is a good way to trip up opponents trying to get in by jumping or dash-blocking. Not too much else to say here, though I do recommend checking out post #10 of this thread by TONY-T to see some interesting corner uses for MB.Low Shot.

Sword Flip (8% damage; 4% chip): This attack is primarily used as an anti-air and combo-ender. If the last hit connect, even if the first two do not, it puts the opponent into a hard knockdown, allowing Deathstroke to dictate the next few seconds of the match. Some strings will cause the last hit to whiff (j3-f23-Sword Flip, for example), so try to get a good feel for when you can connect a full Sword Flip. This move should never be thrown out raw unless the opponent is airborne because it is full-combo punishable on block.

Sword Spin (9% damage, 3% chip): This is Deathstroke’s only invincible wakeup option, though it is vulnerable to cross-ups. It’s totally safe on block, making it a good ender when you’re not sure if a string will be blocked or not. If both hits connect, the opponent will be left standing. If the last hit whiffs, it will typically do as much damage as a Sword Flip ender, though the opponent will fall without being put into a hard knockdown. Basically, if you’re not sure your string will be blocked, it’s safer to end with Sword Spin. If you’re already juggling your opponent, end with Sword Flip.

MB Sword Spin (13% damage + launch; 3% chip): There are actually two variations of MB.Sword Spin. If you press down and MB at the same time, Deathstroke will follow the Sword Spin with a low strike. This is absolutely a waste of meter and should never be used. Thus, when I refer to “MB.Sword Spin” throughout the rest of this guide, I will be referring to the standard version. MB.Sword Spin is full-combo punishable on block, so be very careful when using it. It’s great as a wakeup move, and can be followed-up midscreen by Quick Fire or MB.Quick Fire for up to 25% damage. It also has some corner combo potential, which will be discussed in the “Combos” section below.

Machine Gun (14% damage): This move is essentially useless. It can be ok to throw it out from full-screen just to keep your opponent guessing, but it comes out twice as slowly as Quickfire and has horrible recovery on hit and on block. Its only redeeming qualities are that it hits mid and it can be meter-burned on reaction to catch jumping opponents with a grenade that will deal 5% and knock them back. The grenade does hit overhead, but most players know by now to block it standing.

MB Machine Gun (17% damage): As mentioned above, this is really only useful for catching opponents who managed to jump the regular Machine Gun. The grenade will catch some players off-guard, but since most high-level players know to expect an overhead grenade, you’re really better off letting them block while you recover and continue shooting with Quick Fire or Low Shots.

Upward Machine Gun (don’t bother). This move is even less useful than standard Machine Gun. I know absolutely zero Deathstroke players who use this move, especially the MB version.

Trait: Deathstroke’s trait is more of a liability than anything else, and should be avoided. The only time you might consider using it is when fighting Bane, since most Bane players tend to turtle up when their Venom trait is on cooldown.

Wakeup Options

Deathstroke’s only invincible wakeup options are Sword Spin, which will stop all rushdown attempts except for cross-ups, and Sword Flip, which can catch cross-ups but is still full-combo punishable on block, so I recommend sticking with Sword Spin as your primary wakeup. On hit, Sword Spin can be meter-burned into an overhead launcher, which can be followed-up with Quick Fire for up to 25% if the Quick Fire is also meter-burned.

Another good wakeup option is simply holding block and using meter-burn to pushblock. This is more useful against some characters (Bane) than others (Superman), because of the post-pushblock spacing, but is basically a get-out-of-jail free card, as long as you’ve got the meter to burn.

If you don’t have meter to burn, blocking and countering with d1 can be an effective option; just be on the lookout for fast overheads.

The last option you have is back-dashing. Even in the corner, back-dash invincibility can cause single-hitting normals and specials to whiff, allowing you a free punish if your reactions are on point. Do NOT use this option against Superman…

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Part Two: Combos

Deathstroke has access to some very good combos that can be linked into from his awesome 50/50 game. Before I start posting a bunch of combo notations, which can be found in any number of threads on these forums (main combo thread), I want to talk a bit about Deathstroke’s combo theory, and when certain enders should be used.

Unless you are absolutely positive that your opponent will not be able to block, you should never use Sword Flip as a combo-ender. This basically limits Sword Flip to being used after a confirmed 323, b3, f3, b1u2, or 132. Raw f23 should rarely be followed-up with Sword Flip because it’s too easy to burn that input into your muscle memory and start throwing out unsafe Sword Flips after blocked f23’s. Any other time, you should be using raw safe strings or ending with Sword Spin. Here are brief descriptions of Deathstroke’s primary bnb’s:

j3-323-f23-Sword Flip (34%). This is a great one, because j3 is around +10 on block, meaning even if they block the j3, the 323 is basically guaranteed pressure. 323 is a fantastic combo string because if it’s blocked only the 32 will come out, which is at disadvantage but still safe. This makes confirming into f23-Sword Flip require no real thought or reflexes. This is still a great combo even without the j3 starter, doing 26% damage, and is typically your best punishment option for unsafe specials that leave you out of range for a 132 punish.

f3-j2-323-f23-Sword Flip (33%). This is your standard f3 combo. I will typically leave out the j2 just to make the rest of the combo easier to confirm into, while only losing 3% damage. This is great to use as an armored anti-wakeup.

b3-j3-323-f23-Sword Flip (36%). This is Deathstroke’s most damaging bnb combo. This combo makes meter-burning his b3 a great option for punishing highly-telegraphed moves like Bane’s Raging Charge, Doomsday’s Venom and Nova Drop, and Black Adam’s Boot Stomp.

b1u2-f3-323-f23-Sword Flip (32%). This is Deathstroke’s only low-starting combo. The timing on the f3 is a little tight. Don’t spam it, because it’s inconsistent; try to practice it until you can connect the f3 without spamming. If you’re playing in lag or just can’t seem to get the timing down, you can leave out the f3 and just delay the 323 a bit. This will result in a very easy 28% damage.

132-j2-323-f23-Sword Flip (33%). This is Deathstroke’s best punishment option for specials that leave the opponent adjacent to Deathstroke on block (such as Lex’s Corp Charge and Doomsday’s Venom). The 1 has very short range and only hits high, limiting its use to punishment scenarios only, but it comes out in 7 frames and leads to massive damage. The j2 can be a little inconsistent; try to connect it just before the peak of your jump arc.

j2-b1u2-f3-323-f23-Sword Flip (35%). I love this combo because it can be difficult for some players to block the overhead j2 followed by the low b1. The b1u2 is also completely safe, making this a very low-risk/high-reward combo. If your opponent starts to block the overhead-low, you can start following j2 with b222 to catch them with an overhead that deals 11% and puts them into a hard knockdown, and it too is totally safe on block.

Deathstroke does have access to a few corner-specific combos involving meter-burned Sword Spin:

j3-f23-MB.Sword Spin-323-f23-Sword Flip: 42%.

f3-delayed.f23-MB.Sword Spin-323-f23-Sword Flip: 37%

b1u2-delayed.f23-MB.Sword Spin-323-f23-Sword Flip: 35%

132-neutral.jump.2-f23-MB.Sword Spin-323-f23-Sword Flip: 39%

And a big thanks to Mikman360 for posting the following corner combos using Deathstroke's post-patch Sword Spin:

Ji3, 323, MB Sword Spin, 323, F23 xx Sword Flip = 47% (you can replace Flip for Spin for 48% but that's DANGEROUS)
F3, (delayed) 323, MB Sword Spin, 323, F23 xx Sword Flip = 41%
B1U2, (delayed) 323, MB Sword Spin, 323, F23 xx Sword Flip = 39%
132, (delayed) 323, MB Sword Spin, 323, F23 xx Sword Flip = 40%

Also, in the corner, B2 and D1 are fast overhead/low combo starters with the use of MB Sword Spin. They're MUCH faster than F3 and B1.

D1 xx MB Sword Spin, 1, 1, 323, F23 xx Sword Flip
B2 xx MB Sword Spin, 1, 1, 323, F23 xx Sword Flip

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Part Three: Rushdown Strategies and Corner Game

Deathstroke possesses very good rushdown potential. Between his 50/50’s that lead into 30%+ combos and his many safe and advantageous strings, he can be even more of a pain up close than he can from full-screen.

Against opponents without a strong anti-air, j3 is one of his best pressure starters. Because it is approximately +10 on block, it can safely be followed up with a throw, b222, b1u2, 323, or j1. F23 can be a good follow-up, but the f2 will whiff if the j3 doesn't connect right up against the opponent, causing me to rely less on f23 than Deathstroke’s other options.

Any of his normals that leave him +9 or better on block except for b3 (so f3, f23, and j3) can be followed up with a forward jump j1 cross-up into b1u2 or b22 for an ambiguous cross-up 50/50. This is a great pressure tool because if they don't block it correctly (reverse their block input, block high, then block low), they eat a 32%-33% combo. If they try to jump back or forward, the j1 will catch them, allowing you to confirm into 323-f23-Sword Flip for 28%.

When not going for frame-traps, I've started relying more heavily on j2 into either b1u2 for a full combo or b222 for a hard knockdown. This is a true 50/50 because the opponent doesn't really have time to react after the j2; they literally just have to guess whether to block low or high. Unlike j3, j2 doesn't bounce the opponent, which allows b1u2 to lead into a full combo even if the j2 connects.

Against opponents with a strong anti-air, such as Aquaman and Wonder Woman, the jumping in isn’t really an option. You want to try to avoid up-close confrontations with these characters, but when forced to fight on their terms, MB f3 is typically your best option. On hit, it leads to 30%-33%. On block, it leaves you at +10, which means you have access to all of the same follow-up options as j3. You will definitely want to go into practice mode and learn the timing for following up a blocked f3. See the "How to Practice" section below for specific details on how to master this timing.

Without meter, your best bet is to wait for a good opportunity to punish a whiffed or blocked string or special. D1-throw is a great way to break a rushdown attempt, which allows enough time to back-dash to almost full-screen and reinitiate your zoning game.

The best follow-up option after a blocked f23 depends on the character you’re fighting. Offensive follow-ups include 323, j3 cross-up, MB.f3, and MB.b3. MB.f3 is an especially good option because it leaves you at +10, allowing for any of the previously-mentioned follow-ups. Your best defensive options are back-dashing, jumping back, or simply walking back. You’ll be surprised how often you can whiff-punish after a post-f23 back-dash. Just be careful against characters with fast advancing specials (Lex’s Corp Charge) or tracking specials (Aquaman’s From the Deep). Your best whiff punish will typically be 323. It has the most range and does the most damage. F3 is also good, if not a little slow. You can also use Air Quickfire after a back jump just before you hit the ground to catch a lot of characters trying to follow your or punish your jump. This is almost always a solid options, despite whatever you plan on doing once you land.

Deathstroke has a dangerous corner game, but he does have to be careful when fighting a cornered opponent. His f3 can sometimes cross-up the opponent, which can actually be useful in the corner and make it almost impossible to block. However, when this occurs, Deathstroke’s 323 will not autocorrect, causing him to go swinging off in the wrong direction and getting full-combo punished in the process.

When his f3 connects on the correct side against a cornered opponent, Deathstroke must still be careful with his 323 follow-up. A lot of times he will cross under the opponent. The 323 will connect, but if you’re going for an f23 follow-up, it can come out as a whiffed b2, which puts you at huge disadvantage in the corner.

Unfortunately, I really don’t have much advice on how to avoid these corner issues. I was going to post a short video, but I was unable to recreate the issues under optimum conditions, meaning they are both just inconsistencies in the game that must be respected and avoided at all cost. My only recommendations would be never to use f3 when right next to a cornered opponent as an anti-wakeup, and always delay your 323 as the opponent is falling so as not to accidentally cross them up.

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Part Five: Stage-Selection Theory

My favorite stages for Deathstroke are Ferris Aircraft and Atlantis. These stages benefit Deathstroke not only offensively, but defensively as well. Deathstroke probably finds himself in the corner more than any other character in the game. This leaves him vulnerable to b3 transitions from transition-heavy characters like Green Lantern, Green Arrow, and Superman. On the other hand, Deathstroke will rarely, if ever, initiate his own transition except through a lucky MB.b3. Because of this, Ferris and Atlantis benefit Deathstroke because they don’t have transitions. This makes backing into the corner far less dangerous than in any other stage.

Not only do these two stages not have transitions, but they both have corner interactables that hugely benefit Deathstroke. Ferris has the missile launcher on the far right and the “log trap” on the far left. If Deathstroke connects with the “log trap”, he can follow up with b3-j3-323-f23-Sword Flip for 42%. Atlantis has the water valves located in both corners. These are amazing for Deathstroke because he can meter-burn then to game 5 hits of armor. This makes approaching Deathstroke nearly impossible on either stage.

You should always be picking either of those stages (at least in a tournament setting). If you do get pulled into another stage, here are some things to look out for:

The left corner of Stryker’s Island (Cell Block) is amazing for Deathstroke. You’ve got 2 interactables at your disposal, and the robot’s shotgun can be meter-burned for 5 hits of armor. Unlike other projectiles, it cannot be ducked or jumped; if they are within range, they will be hit.

The Hall of Justice (Plaza) allows Deathstroke to set up unblockables with the little robot drones. If you can activate one, you can either lock your opponent down with Machine Gun or jump and wait to Air Quick Fire them when they try to jump it. When you land, you can MB.Machine Gun for 35% full-screen damage.

The stages you really want to avoid when fighting power characters are both Asylum Cell Blocks, both Wayne Manor Entrances, Gotham City Rooftop, Fortress of Solitude Menagerie, and Insurgency Command Center. This is because these stages have few interactables that benefit Deathstroke, while having several interactables that do benefit power characters.

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Part Six: How to Practice

Injustice has a great practice mode. I primarily use it to test set-ups, spacing, punishment opportunities, and program my muscle memory. I’ve found the inputs in Injustice to be a bit on the choppy side, and block-stun can really mess with the flow of controlling your character. For instance, even though Deathstroke has several normals that leave him at +9 or better, you still have to wait to input your next command or it will either not come out or the wrong move will come out.

In response to these input issues, I’ve developed a specific set-up to practice the timing for Deathstroke’s pressure options (and really, any character’s pressure options). Lex Luthor has the fastest advancing special I know of, which is his 6-frame Corp Charge. I recommend using Lex as your opponent and setting him to always block with reversals on, with Corp Charge as his reversal. Doing so will allow you to experiment with Deathstroke’s frame traps, and learn their timings down to within a frame or 2.

For example, when I’m practicing j3-323 as a block-string, if I input the 323 too early then Deathstroke will either do Stance Change or 23 (his little double-kick). If I input the 323 too late, I’ll eat a Corp Charge. If I do it right, Lex will stop blocking to use his 6-frame Corp Charge, but my 15-frame 323 will beat him out of it. This is an effective way to practice all of the pressure strings mentioned in the “Rushdown and Corner Issues” section. The only option that doesn’t seem to work consistently is b1u2. However, simple math tells me that even if the computer can reversal-punish my b1u2 with a 6-frame special on occasion, not even your Reo’s and Tom Brady’s are going to have the reflexes to do much about it in an actual match scenario.

Chrishaspads

Name isn't Chris, Doesn't have pads
Nope, it will be much more in-depth, though it will cover a lot of the same concepts.
more in depth o_o it was a hour video! lol but nice ^_^ i was going to pick up a 3rd person today(i main cyborg, grundy) and lex wasn't cutting it. So ill try ds depending on how good this thread and the other threads for ds are. :)

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Alright, got everything uploaded and formatted. I'll continue to update it, reword things, and possibly format it to be easier to read, but all the basic information is there. Guess I didn't need that many reserved posts, but they might still come in handy. I was going to have a section for MU info, but considering that's such a huge topic and there's already a thread for it, I figure it's best to keep that in it's own thread.

Also, if you've noticed any inaccuracies or questionable information, please post your thoughts and opinions. I'll be happy to discuss any aspect of the guide. Thanks for reading!

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
Very nice job sir. Just a few things I'd like to mention though.

1. Might wanna mention that 323 actually only comes out on hit. By that I mean, even on whiff it only goes to just 32.
2. Sword Flip. All 3 hits don't need to connect for a hard knockdown, just the last one. Ji3, F23 xx Flip doesn't necessarily make the hits miss unless you hit them too high.
3. Consistent ways to use F3 in the corner without screwing up with 323. If you F3 them and they're still cornered, do the combo:
Ji2, 1, 323, F23 xx Flip. I have never had this cause the crossup annoyance.
If you cross the opponent up with F3 (likely on purpose), then do Ji2, 323, F23 xx Flip.
4. I'm not exactly sure how you're doing F23 xx Flip in your corner combos, but I will say that most combos with F23 xx MB Spin can be reaplced with 32 xx MB Spin for more damage.
5. You can insert a Ji2 between Ji3 and 323 in the B3 combo for more damage (albeit a bit tricky).
6. MB Spin can be comboed into Flip for more damage than guns (tricky too).
7. Flash's Flying Uppercut is slightly faster than Lex's Corp Charge due to his missile speed, although both moves come out in 6 frames.

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Very nice job sir. Just a few things I'd like to mention though.

1. Might wanna mention that 323 actually only comes out on hit. By that I mean, even on whiff it only goes to just 32.
2. Sword Flip. All 3 hits don't need to connect for a hard knockdown, just the last one. Ji3, F23 xx Flip doesn't necessarily make the hits miss unless you hit them too high.
3. Consistent ways to use F3 in the corner without screwing up with 323. If you F3 them and they're still cornered, do the combo:
Ji2, 1, 323, F23 xx Flip. I have never had this cause the crossup annoyance.
If you cross the opponent up with F3 (likely on purpose), then do Ji2, 323, F23 xx Flip.
4. I'm not exactly sure how you're doing F23 xx Flip in your corner combos, but I will say that most combos with F23 xx MB Spin can be reaplced with 32 xx MB Spin for more damage.
5. You can insert a Ji2 between Ji3 and 323 in the B3 combo for more damage (albeit a bit tricky).
6. MB Spin can be comboed into Flip for more damage than guns (tricky too).
7. Flash's Flying Uppercut is slightly faster than Lex's Corp Charge due to his missile speed, although both moves come out in 6 frames.
Sword Spin should never be used to end a corner combo, MB or otherwise. That might change with the upcoming patch, but as it stands, Sword Spin as a combo ender can be punished in the corner on hit.

Thanks for you input. I'll definitely consider your information and see if I can edit it in.

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
Sword Spin should never be used to end a corner combo, MB or otherwise. That might change with the upcoming patch, but as it stands, Sword Spin as a combo ender can be punished in the corner on hit.

Thanks for you input. I'll definitely consider your information and see if I can edit it in.
Err... I'm not exactly sure where in my post I suggested to use Spin as an ender (it's a horrid idea right now), but what I meant was, look at your corner combos.

j3-f23-MB.Sword Spin-323-f23-Sword Flip

You can replace that first F23 with 32 for more damage.

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Err... I'm not exactly sure where in my post I suggested to use Spin as an ender (it's a horrid idea right now), but what I meant was, look at your corner combos.

j3-f23-MB.Sword Spin-323-f23-Sword Flip

You can replace that first F23 with 32 for more damage.
Ah, I gotcha, sorry for the misunderstanding. It is 2% more, but it's kind of an unnatural motion, since there's never really a time when you'll want to use just 32-Sword Spin. I'll update that section depending on the final changes to Sword Spin that go through on Tuesday.

Korpse

PTH | Korpse
in regards to the 132-j2 string combo. I've noticed and tested how to time it to hit. The opponent is flipping back after 132 string. Try to time your j2 so your feet hit their feet in the air. This works in both stances.