What's new

The Ultimate Black Canary Guide(Updated 8-23-17)

Kooron Nation

More Ass and Tits for MK11
Looking at her numbers canary seems unsafe on block on everything even the most basic strings. What is the gameplan for that other than just going oh/low and praying?
If you're on level 1 or 2 Canary Cry you can cancel 21/23 into those to stay safe if you see they blocked it, or alternatively cancel them into a parry and hope they get caught lol.

Canary cry level 1 is a high so it probably can be ducked, level 2 and 3 are mids though

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
So Day 1 INJ2 @Pan1cMode absolutely destroyed and mixed the hell out of me with his great Black Canary. (GG's)
Being new to the whole back to block thing I was legit on the verge of having a mental breakdown, I literally may as well have just been bending over, and spreading my cheeks, because I got absolutely raped.

Anyways long story short, I've started using her and find her extremely fun, curious what the best combo for damage is off 21/23xxbf2MB?
I'm doing: 21xxbf2MB, j2, 2u3, d2xxdf3, 33xxbf2.

@x TeeJay o @HellblazerHawkman
Glad you are digging the character. Can't give you exact numbers at the moment, but my go to of of the 21 is 21xxbF3MB, J2, 2u3, 33xxCanary Cry into either (with level 3 trait) another 33, BF2 or 112, throw depending on what direction I need to send them or (with level 1 or 2 trait) I'll try and grab them with the Canary Drop.

After that Canary Cry, I've been trying to work in a F1, 3, MB Canary Drop because that resets and leads to ridiculous damage and I've been neglecting it. You can also do a forward cartwheel in B3, which gives you a great setup and leads to really good damage too. Haven't had a chance to lab the cartwheel into B3 yet, the timing is a little tricky

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
So Day 1 INJ2 @Pan1cMode absolutely destroyed and mixed the hell out of me with his great Black Canary. (GG's)
Being new to the whole back to block thing I was legit on the verge of having a mental breakdown, I literally may as well have just been bending over, and spreading my cheeks, because I got absolutely raped.

Anyways long story short, I've started using her and find her extremely fun, curious what the best combo for damage is off 21/23xxbf2MB?
I'm doing: 21xxbf2MB, j2, 2u3, d2xxdf3, 33xxbf2.

@x TeeJay o @HellblazerHawkman
If you have an interactable bounce after 2u3 you can go 3~interact, b3, ji2, 112grab

Otherwise I usually go for setup;

2u3, d2~df3, d3

x TeeJay o

Canary Cry Gapless Pressure
^Don't let NRS see that, they nerf the hell out of her.

Side note, never thought to follow up a J2 with the Air Canary Drop, it comes out so fast it'd be great for keeping up pressure
Breh there's so many options she has we honestly forget to use most of them lol.
Here's something I sometimes do with her to get some more resets/damage. You can make the opponent block the jump kick on purpose after mb bf2 because you can choose to cross up or not resetting for more dmg

Mind if this is added to the community tech spread?

But if you D2 (with a combo) it a couple times, you pretty much kick their dick in the dirt. And you can D2 all versions of it when you hear the "whoosh!".

Breh there's so many options she has we honestly forget to use most of them lol.

Mind if this is added to the community tech spread?
Yeah for sure! I have a couple other tech videos with her I will post below.
Vortex:
Tricky Cross-Up:
Hard knockdown mix-up:

Last edited:

Derocus

'The Cage Mage'
Yeah for sure! I have a couple other tech videos with her I will post below.
[All them videos]
Thanks for these dude, they were really useful :v

Also, lads. I've noticed on taller characters 21xxdb3 will full combo instead of doing the reset cross up, even out of the corner.
I can't test who it doesn't work on right now, but I know for sure Darkseid's one of the dudes this happens on.
Sorry if this has been said before :v

x TeeJay o

Canary Cry Gapless Pressure

Also, lads. I've noticed on taller characters 21xxdb3 will full combo instead of doing the reset cross up, even out of the corner.
I can't test who it doesn't work on right now, but I know for sure Darkseid's one of the dudes this happens on.
It has not. Thanks for that! Reasons why the guide isn't done we all are still exploring!

Derocus

'The Cage Mage'
It has not. Thanks for that! Reasons why the guide isn't done we all are still exploring!
Alrighty boys, I done some testing.

21xxCanaryDrop does not do the cross over set up on larger characters. This includes:
Atrocitus, Bane, Braniac, Darkseid, Gorilla Grodd, Scarecrow and Swamp Thing.

Thankfully f12xxCanaryDrop still does the set up. Not as damaging as 21, but y'know, very worth it. Keep this in mind when facing those big boys.

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian

21xxCanaryDrop does not do the cross over set up on larger characters. This includes:

Thankfully f12xxCanaryDrop still does the set up. Not as damaging as 21, but y'know, very worth it. Keep this in mind when facing those big boys.
Reset is a reset, I'm not one to sweat a few damage points. Thanks for this

Take$$$

gotta take it to make it

21 Canary Drop does cross up on big characters but it's really weird and random as hell. Like you said on hit it straight up combos like 99% of the time, but I was able to get it to reset randomly(going to have to figure out why that happened in the first place) and it did cross up even though the game didn't say it was(like with 33 drop).

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
Noticed something today, you can throw out a reversal parry after blocking Brainiac's divekick and you can catch him on the MB. Though, with the stuff Tom Brady was showing earlier, it might not be worth going for just yet

Last edited:

Yeah. I mentioned it in the canary combo thread. 21xxdb2 only combos on Darkseid, Bane, Atrocitus, Grodd, Brainiac, and Scarecrow. Basically on all the heavies. It leads to her most damaging combos thus far.

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
Yeah, fuck Poison Ivy and her trait. When she's got the trait going, I think you just have to take it. There isn't a gap to cartwheel or MB roll, right?

Yeah, fuck Poison Ivy and her trait. When she's got the trait going, I think you just have to take it. There isn't a gap to cartwheel or MB roll, right?
I fought a really good Poison Ivy last night and while she had trait active I felt hopeless. She also has great mids to keep up at bay. I honestly think it's a 7-3 mu.