What's new

The TYM Ultra-Mega Hitbox Thread

x TeeJay o

Canary Cry Gapless Pressure
Hmm, that's tough. I think I like the 1st one better, but they both look great.
Yeah I'm stuck because I kinda want the background to be black instead of grey. My friend thinks I should look for a different design but I'm trying to order my buttons tonight so I want to get this artwork out of the way as well. I really like the first one though too

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Yeah I'm stuck because I kinda want the background to be black instead of grey. My friend thinks I should look for a different design but I'm trying to order my buttons tonight so I want to get this artwork out of the way as well. I really like the first one though too
Ah, gotcha. Hmm, I think the shiny black buttons on the grey background look cool. The image in the upper left looks a bit faded, though.

protools27

Rebel without a scene
Sup guys,

So I bit the bullet and got a hitbox. I've read through almost every page on this thread, but just thought I would make a quick post. My hitbox comes in tomorrow, and just wanted any tips or tricks to help get me started. For reference I will be playing injustice 1 to practice to prepare for injustice 2, but I do have mkx as well. I only have experience playing on pad, but I'm excited to get down and dirty on hitbox. I know it will be tempting, but I will push through the rough patches in order to get used to it. Thanks in advance!

True Grave

Giving The Gift Of Graves
Sup guys,

So I bit the bullet and got a hitbox. I've read through almost every page on this thread, but just thought I would make a quick post. My hitbox comes in tomorrow, and just wanted any tips or tricks to help get me started. For reference I will be playing injustice 1 to practice to prepare for injustice 2, but I do have mkx as well. I only have experience playing on pad, but I'm excited to get down and dirty on hitbox. I know it will be tempting, but I will push through the rough patches in order to get used to it. Thanks in advance!
Take your time and try no to get frustrated while learning. You're pretty much going to be relearning everything and it'll take some time depending on how much time you put into it. Also remember that everything is hard at first on hitbox, but once you master it everything will be so much easier in the long run. Watch these videos to help you get an understanding of how your hand motions will be like, P-linking, piano inputs, and etc. Keep in mind too that since the hitbox is so efficient and precise that a move like db1 might not be working for whatever reason, but the reason is that you're probably inputting it too fast and not getting a clean input. So take your time with inputs and then progressively do them faster so you get used to that proper hand motion. Practice your combos as you normally would on both sides and just keep practicing until you feel comfortable doing everything no problem. That may take a couple weeks and then once you feel really comfortable go play your friends so you get used to doing them on the fly. Then just keep playing and practicing and never stop using the hitbox for any other fighter. Period lol. Hope this helped and enjoy being a part of the master race.

protools27

Rebel without a scene
Take your time and try no to get frustrated while learning. You're pretty much going to be relearning everything and it'll take some time depending on how much time you put into it. Also remember that everything is hard at first on hitbox, but once you master it everything will be so much easier in the long run. Watch these videos to help you get an understanding of how your hand motions will be like, P-linking, piano inputs, and etc. Keep in mind too that since the hitbox is so efficient and precise that a move like db1 might not be working for whatever reason, but the reason is that you're probably inputting it too fast and not getting a clean input. So take your time with inputs and then progressively do them faster so you get used to that proper hand motion. Practice your combos as you normally would on both sides and just keep practicing until you feel comfortable doing everything no problem. That may take a couple weeks and then once you feel really comfortable go play your friends so you get used to doing them on the fly. Then just keep playing and practicing and never stop using the hitbox for any other fighter. Period lol. Hope this helped and enjoy being a part of the master race.
Thanks man, this was helpful. 2 days in and the hitbox has been on of the most awesome and frustrating pieces of equipment I have bought lol. Taking inputs slow has helped. I can do my bnb's no problem for the most part. My main issue is what I've been calling "mental overload". Coming from pad, there is so much more involved that in pressure situations I get lost and don't know what to press or do. But i know that will improve as I get used to things. Other then that and movement, the hitbox is amazing and I know once I get used to it it's going to be amazing. Again, thanks for the help

protools27

Rebel without a scene
Try and go as cold turkey as possible. Listen to your hands, if they are done practicing for the time being/day let them rest. Accept losses you're learning a new peripheral. Have fun!
Thanks! Accepting losses is something I've grown used to trying to level up in fighting games. I'm sure this will be no different!

Is there a Hitbox alternative other than building my own? They aren't shipping until July according to their website. They don't even respond to emails which concerns me.

I'm worried about even preordering one and then never getting it and never hearing anything from them. I don't feel like dealing with it.

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Is there a Hitbox alternative other than building my own? They aren't shipping until July according to their website. They don't even respond to emails which concerns me.

I'm worried about even preordering one and then never getting it and never hearing anything from them. I don't feel like dealing with it.
When I had issues with mine, the owners dealt with me directly via email. I've heard others complaining recently about bad email communication; I'm thinking they might just be ultra backed up with both Injustice 2 and Tekken 7 releasing so recently.

Overall, I've had nothing but positive experiences with them and I highly recommend going with an official Hitbox.

When I had issues with mine, the owners dealt with me directly via email. I've heard others complaining recently about bad email communication; I'm thinking they might just be ultra backed up with both Injustice 2 and Tekken 7 releasing so recently.

Overall, I've had nothing but positive experiences with them and I highly recommend going with an official Hitbox.
Well, I want to give them my money... But if you can't respond to an email asking a very simple question (Is the preordering ETA still up to date?) within a few days, that's pretty bad.

I suppose I'll give them another week.

C-Sword

Noob

chores

bad at things

http://www.jasenscustoms.com/panzer-fight-stick-3-hitbox

assembling one yourself is super easy these days since the brooks PCB has quick disconnects theres no soldering needed. just a hot glue gun or some zip ties, PCB, buttons/wires. You can get the box stuff pretty cheap here:

http://allfightsticks.com

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
your friend could make some $$ / help the community by producing those clear plexi's
I'm sure that's something he's considered. I'll link him to this discussion just in case, though.

So I've sent three emails over two weeks to the Hitbox guys with no response. I emailed Marvelous Customs this morning at 8:07am EST. Joe responded at 8:10am EST.

Probably just order from them and pay the extra premium.

|Phantom|

"Scarab says you suck!"
So I've sent three emails over two weeks to the Hitbox guys with no response. I emailed Marvelous Customs this morning at 8:07am EST. Joe responded at 8:10am EST.

Probably just order from them and pay the extra premium.
Can you link the site/ email address??

I ordered one from AllFightSticks. They were EXTREMELY responsive to my inquiries. He stayed in touch the whole time and kept me updated throughout. It was a little more expensive than Hitbox but I got to choose some options. I'd call it a semi-custom. I just picked button colors and went with a standard enclosure in black.

It has been shipped out and I'm waiting for it to be delivered. I can't say enough good things about the experience thus far. The folks over at Hitbox should take notice to see how things are supposed to be done. They should be ashamed of themselves.