What's new

The Truth Behind The Truth (Tom Brady's Thoughts on MK11 and Evo 2020)

The players are consistent. The game is a wash.

Just pick the controller, go to training mode and pick up Geras, Cetrion, Jaqui, Jax....look at the mechanics, fatal blows....no anti airs....how can a shit like that can be "consistent"? Just play it....is in our face.
It seems like the passion for the game and desire for the product to be sucessful blindfolds people.
As far as I like other stuff in the game....it is not an evo game.

Last edited:

666 I HazeOner

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.
Randomfest = Top players getting beat by random shit so rzndom names place top 8.
This statement isn't correct imo, UMVC3 was one of the most random/broken games but the top 8's weren't random at all. They had about the same top players placing at every event. Just like in Poker, some players can read others and handle the randomness of the game better than others, making them top players.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
This statement isn't correct imo, UMVC3 was one of the most random/broken games but the top 8's weren't random at all. They had about the same top players placing at every event. Just like in Poker, some players can read others and handle the randomness of the game better than others, making them top players.
Broken and random are two different things, and Marvel gives you 3 sets with 3 characters to absorb whatever might happen.

If that game was a 1v1 FT2 the results would provide be different.

aj1701

Noob
No matter the game its always the same outcome. The community claims the current game sucks because most people have ridiculous adhd and refuse to hit the training mode and then turn around and claim the last game was better. Will this nonsense ever stop? Since mk9 people asked for a balanced game and now we have probably the most balanced fighting game ever and now its not good enough?

All mk11 needs is more combo routes, fixed block stun, hitboxes fixed and it would be borderline perfect. I dont understand why this community refuses to actually learn anything, its really sad.
I don't remember a lot of people saying MK9 sucked. They pointed out some problems, some claiming very serious ones, but overall I got the impression people actually liked the game dispite the flaws. I didn't see that with MKX/11.

CY MasterHavik

Master of Chaos and Jax
If people prefer MK9 to all other MK games, what is preventing them from continuing to play it? Why would there be a need for WB/NRS to remake it? Melee players don't need Nintendo to remake the game for them. They continue to play and support the game themselves and set up tournaments etc..

If the love for MK9 is so strong, what is standing in the way of doing the same?
I can answer that question because they know MK( has glaring issues that would need to be iron out to make it great. They also know they can't run TE at tournaments because PC setups are expensive and NRS/WB would drop the hammer on that ass with a Cease and Deist. They are also broke and want to beg NRS for a prize pot.