What's new

The Truth Behind The Truth (Tom Brady's Thoughts on MK11 and Evo 2020)

Metin

Ermac & Smoke Main

Please listen this iconic face of the community. Am i agree? yes.. I think we should face with our real problems, and those problems are;

• Trying to silence criticisms by force and paid workers (Everyone knows who they are).
  • Eliminating all the good things from the past games to make a new one..
  • If you don't like the new one, you are stupid, idiot and lame..
  • Shut up, this is the best MK game ever.. Most perfected and balanced trend.. To prove this idea they don't even hesitate to shit on other good mk games. This is embarassing.
  • Eliminating fan favourite characters after MK9. No Baraka for this game, No Mileena for this game. No Ermac for that game, No Reptile for this one. Couldn't you understand NRS? Everyone wants to play with their own favourite characters. Why are you keep slapping our faces by this stupid decisions? '' Ooo well, there is a solution pick another one, hahahahahaha '' it is not that easy and enjoyable. You should enlarge your roster stable characters..
  • Community management at NRS is simply '' shut up if you don't like the game, i have no time for your questions ''
Of course there are some things that i enjoy in MK11 like the badass visuals of the game.. but they are not enough to make the game great.. Gameplay has a lot of problems. No one enjoy to watch projectile wars, random krushing blows, fatal blows, 50/50 throws etc..

Here is a bonus video by KAJI.. it is a discussion about why MK11 won't be at EVO2020... Please listen, it is not about gore, hate on NRS games or something like that. It is about numbers..

Please share your thoughts.. @STORMS @Eldriken @Espio Please don't delete this thread. Tom Brady, me and the other fans like us. We don't hate MK or NRS. We love MK franchise and the studio behind it. But something going wrong and we should discuss this.

Last edited:

Zviko

Noob
He lost me at positive criticism. I'm sorry but how are posts containing "this game is trash", "you suck NRS", "fuck NRS", "bunch of monkeys can't make a decent game", "preferring gender equality over making a decent game", etc a constructive or in any way positive criticism? Because that's what I've seen mostly here and on twitter. Oh, and "where's Mileena" too.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
"ECT had very little people, under a hundred"

No Tom, it was MKX ECT that had under a hundred entrants (90). Injustice 2 ECT had 122.

MK11 ECT had 197 entrants: https://smash.gg/tournament/east-coast-throwdown-2019/events/mortal-kombat-11/overview

The reason no one takes the people who are supposed to be figureheads seriously anymore, is that they don't bother to check even the basic facts that their arguments are built on. They simply push false narratives when in reality the truth about the tournament scene isn't what they want to hear.

Furthermore if you'd actually showed up to ECT, which you took donations in order to do, you would know this. You took the money, sat at home, and then got the numbers wrong.

Stop trying to kill a scene that isn't dead, and let the people who enjoy the game play it and enjoy it.

Last edited:
"ECT had very little people, under a hundred"

No Tom, it was MKX ECT that had under a hundred entrants (90). Injustice 2 ECT had 122.

MK11 ECT had 197 entrants: https://smash.gg/tournament/east-coast-throwdown-2019/events/mortal-kombat-11/overview

The reason no one takes the people who are supposed to be figureheads seriously anymore, is that they don't bother to check even the basic facts that their arguments are built on. They simply push false narratives when in reality the truth about the tournament scene isn't what they want to hear.
He brought up this same point on the K&M stream and they had to similarly look it up to correct him.

Around 1hr 26 minutes

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
polemics, polemics ..... this shit is all about money and politics, gaming industry is just showing off now the same mafia agreements bullshit and influence traffic that those movie, music and sports business suffered years to date with ..... no big deal then, hehe :p

try to speculate the obvious on these social media network is just waste of time , hehe .... learn from this ! :rolleyes:

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
@CrimsonShadow i agree with a lot of what you say but i disagree with u saying people are trying to kill the scene in fact its the opposite this is the scene on life support and people having criticism etc are trying in their own way to keep it alive . If the game had content most of these vids would be tech or kombo based . And im sorry but making an input different on hot or block is not tech its just making things overly complicated because of a lack of depth

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
Also, here are ALL the numbers for EVO-level games at ECT 20/2019, to put this in context:

Soul Calibur 4: 104 entrants
Mortal Kombat 11: 90 entrants
Tekken 7: 90 entrants
DBFZ: 45 entrants
Smash Ultimate: 44 entrants
SF5: 36 entrants
Samurai Shodown: 35 entrants.

That event was a bust, across the board. MK11 was tied for the second-highest entrants out of any of the games that will/would have been at EVO this year. The biggest tournament at that event barely scraped 100.

Stop the false narratives about the tournament scene.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
@CrimsonShadow i agree with a lot of what you say but i disagree with u saying people are trying to kill the scene in fact its the opposite this is the scene on life support and people having criticism etc are trying in their own way to keep it alive . If the game had content most of these vids would be tech or kombo based . And im sorry but making an input different on hot or block is not tech its just making things overly complicated because of a lack of depth
The problem is that when people with a following say stuff like "No one was at ECT", that false information is then repeated by many others when it's not actually true. Misinformation like that can discourage people who don't know better from deciding to travel.

And if people in our community don't even know their own numbers, what can we expect people in the rest of the FGC to think?

You see this in a bunch of places with regard to MK11 attendance. Trying to convince people that no one is showing up, when the numbers are strong, is indeed tournament community suicide.

Last edited:
If people prefer MK9 to all other MK games, what is preventing them from continuing to play it? Why would there be a need for WB/NRS to remake it? Melee players don't need Nintendo to remake the game for them. They continue to play and support the game themselves and set up tournaments etc..

If the love for MK9 is so strong, what is standing in the way of doing the same?

appo

º°˜¨EU¨˜°º
is that they don't bother to check even the basic facts that their arguments are built on.
thats something which spreads across everything in the recent years. i am not sure whats happening with the people but we live in a time where facts dont matter anymore, its just about what you believe or feel..who cares about facts. its a disturbing trend which i hope will change again in the future.

If people prefer MK9 to all other MK games, what is preventing them from continuing to play it? Why would there be a need for WB/NRS to remake it? Melee players don't need Nintendo to remake the game for them. They continue to play and support the game themselves and set up tournaments etc..

If the love for MK9 is so strong, what is standing in the way of doing the same?
Bc it's no longer supported to play online.

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
I, for one, can't wait to fight 100s of kabals running back and spamming air projectiles, sounds great.
Up back db1 is quite hard to do instant i fought many kabals and maybe one or two i played could do it consistent REO could do crazy shit with kabal and make him look braindead but he really wasnt REO is elder god kabal

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
I, for one, can't wait to fight 100s of kabals running back and spamming air projectiles, sounds great.
It's funny you mention this because in K&M's stream where they discuss pushing community-led side tournaments of past games with Brady, they bring up a VERY important point.

While everyone loves watching MK9, the pros walked away from a recent sideshow MK9 tournament remembering why the fuck MK9 was such a pain at a high level of play. P1 advantage, meter burn glitch, Cyrax/Kenshi/Kabal/Sonya, etc. Obviously K&M dont speak for all pros, but that's still a pretty huge deal for those two to outright say considering how big a proponent they are of including all MK games.