What's new

The Truth About MK11 Tournament Numbers So Far

xKMMx

Banned
The numbers show a steady decline in interest in mk11.
Mkx although smaller in numbers did not seem to have a continuous decline in the represented tornament evo aside for obvious reasons being the biggest.

Not dissing the game I don't mind it.
Great point

Son ov Timett

Bork, No Jin
Only idiots believe that low viewership or a 'dead scene' is the reason it's not at Evo. At any given time of the day, Samurai Shodown has zero viewers on Twitch. Soul Calibur 6 also has struggles.
Just randomly hopped on twitch to see what bfe hour numbers are for these respective games.

MK11-340
Soul Caliber VI - 1
Samurai Showdown 3
Dragon Ball Z - 152
Tekken - 653
Street Fighter V - 1800

Cant remember the other games in the EVO lineup, nor be arsed to even look them up. Praise be Boon's restored hairline! Point of the matter is that there's still interest in MK11, and they would have surely garnered a vast number of views for EVO. As it stands right now, I'm not tuning into any of this sludge unless it's some off the wall hype action that I read about one week after the fact. Perhaps if some random moment like "who b*tch is this?" happens, I'll give af. Aside from that, just give me MK, or give me death.

Last edited:
No current games will get more viewers or entrants than sfv or tekken 7 at Evo or almost any event, I agree on that and that's normal because they're the two biggest fgc names, (mk competitive scene is newer) I also agree that there might be the new "hype" game that gets good numbers but then drops off bad, or at least gets 6th-8th place a year after, that's correct and normal also as said. We will never know how much the drop off in entrants and viewers mk 11 would have made if it indeed went to Evo this year. But honestly it still would have gotten more entrants and viewers than a few games that are going to be at Evo.

Just randomly hopped on twitch to see what bfe hour numbers are for these respective games.

MK11-340
Soul Caliber VI - 1
Samurai Showdown 3
Dragon Ball Z - 152
Tekken - 653
Street Fighter V - 1800

Cant remember the other games in the EVO lineup, nor be arsed to even look them up. Praise be Boon's restored hairline! Point of the matter is that there's still interest in MK11, and they would have surely garnered a vast number of views for EVO. As it stands right now, I'm not tuning into any of this sludge unless it's some off the wall hype action that I read about one week after the fact. Perhaps if some random moment like "who b*tch is this?" happens, I'll give af. Aside from that, just give me MK, or give me death.
Exactly. And I'd be willing to bet those high numbers for SF5 are possibly because a top player was streaming, or there was some event I.e. when WNF is on, SF5 often has a bump to 1000 plus viewers. The same goes for MK11...Destroyer's CGL tournament had over 900 viewers on it's own last week. My point is that on any given day, the numbers for Tekken 7, SF5 and MK11 are often around the same.

I mean, Hyper Combo Unchained, a tournament held in Birmingham ( England, not Alabama, in case I send any of you Americans off on a wild goose chase to compete there next year :confused: ) has over 5,000 views on Ketchup and Mustard's channel, where as T7 has less than 1000. Of course, it's probably because most of the people who had this pop up in their Recommended this weekend follow K and M primarily for MK11 content, but the bottom line is if you say Evo dropped MK11 because of views, you're just being wilfully ignorant.

Saying that, I strongly doubt either party is going to come out and say why this decision was made, and that is something the community may just have to learn to live with.

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
The numbers show a steady decline in interest in mk11.
I'm not sure they do. The total number of entrants tournament to tournament has trended down, but that's likely due to the size of the tournament. Obviously entrants are going to drop after Evo, Combo Breaker, and CEO since those are some of the largest tournaments. That's why it's helpful to look at how other games were doing at these tournaments as well.

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
One thing I wish people would realize is that just because you might not like something, it doesn't mean that thing is terrible, or trash, or a failure. It could just mean it's not the thing for you. And that's ok. If someone loves MK9 and hates MK11, good for them. Sometimes you just like what you like. But it doesn't mean MK11 is a failure and NRS needs to completely re-work the game for you.

Hey bro I hate to tell you but we wore that joke out an hour after this thread was posted.
I admit, I thought you guys had them on the ropes roasting them about Evo but they came back strong.

Crimson probably had all that info saved on a spreadsheet somewhere ready to use it like a draw 4 uno card and then after he stated those facts the flood gates opened lol.

This shit is like a soap opera and I love it, I can’t wait to see what happens next.

Jbog

Noob
Mk 11 from a technical and balanced position is an awesone game but as far as just a fun factor its just not that great from nagging poking gameplay issues and doesn't play with the hype of long unique combos like its predecessors. In the end these are still video games and enjoyment is the main focus

Roy Arkon

I will leave my seal on you!
Mk 11 from a technical and balanced position is an awesone game but as far as just a fun factor its just not that great from nagging poking gameplay issues and doesn't play with the hype of long unique combos like its predecessors. In the end these are still video games and enjoyment is the main focus
If MK11 is not fun to play or hype to watch then how it has so many tourney entries and stream views as we have shown crystal clear proofs for it for like.... I don't know....the last 4 days on this very thread alone, not counting other threads? Do you think that these people keep playing and grinding MK11 for tournies just for the money? And what reason it has to get that many views other then being fun and hype to watch?

I don't give a damn what the vocal minority that you clearly are a part of has to say. No game can't get that many factual results in both sales, gameplay time (both single player and online PVP), tourney entries and tourney stream views if it's not fun to play or watch.

And yes, you are a part of the vocal minority. You might think that you're a part of the majority just because that you see these many people on the internet like you jumping on the bandwagon and keep the internet hate orgy going, except that the rest of the world exists outside of the internet and social media, just like that the rest of the NRS community, both casuals, hardcore and competitive players, exist not only outside of TYM but the rest of the internet and social media as well. And not every single member of the community that does come to the internet to get info on the game or to watch it can be easily manipulated and gets conned to believe the bullshit that you and the minority try to crap all over the internet for your own satisfaction and group ego stroking.

MK11 is fun both to play and to watch, FACTS.

Last edited:

Roy Arkon

The numbers argument is kinda bullshit. There’s a brand new game at EVO this year that doesn’t have any numbers to show lol.

I wish someone would just make a statement.
And EVO is just one of many tournaments, no game needs just EVO alone, including MK11. What's your point then? Oh wait, there is none.

And EVO is just one of many tournaments, no game needs just EVO alone, including MK11. What's your point then? Oh wait, there is none.
All the points people are speculating on are bullshit. The sponsors, number of entrants, etc. A rep from NRS or EVO should make a public statement about what’s going on.

Obviously you can’t read idiot lol. When did I say MK needs EVO alone? MK is definitely more popular than EVO, & doesn’t need tournaments to sell games.

Roy Arkon

All the points people are speculating on are bullshit. The sponsors, number of entrants, etc. A rep from NRS or EVO should make a public statement about what’s going on.

Obviously you can’t read idiot lol. When did I say MK needs EVO alone? MK is definitely more popular than EVO, & doesn’t need tournaments to sell games.
Yes we don't know that true right answer ATM and we can only speculate, and yes it would've been very much appreciated if NRS/WB or even EVO would give a statement about it, but that doesn't mean that we can't find the false answers that the minority try to shove down our throats to keep the bandwagon going as that it's clearly misinformation, by showing facts that prove why they are false.

Hope that now everything is clear.

Yes we don't know that true right answer ATM and we can only speculate, and yes it would've been very much appreciated if NRS/WB or even EVO would give a statement about it, but that doesn't mean that we can't find the false answers that the minority try to shove down our throats to keep the bandwagon going as that it's clearly misinformation, by showing facts that prove why they are false.

Hope that now everything is clear.
You’re saying exactly what I said in a convoluted manner lol.

xKMMx

Banned
I admit, I thought you guys had them on the ropes roasting them about Evo but they came back strong.

Crimson probably had all that info saved on a spreadsheet somewhere ready to use it like a draw 4 uno card and then after he stated those facts the flood gates opened lol.

This shit is like a soap opera and I love it, I can’t wait to see what happens next.
I mean honestly those numbers don't prove shit about why MK 11 isn't at EVO this year but there is also no proof that its due to the fact that Mk 11 is drier than a bucket of sand.
Until it comes straight from the horses mouth any and all arguments or "evidence/proof" is pure conjecture and theory.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
The numbers argument is kinda bullshit. There’s a brand new game at EVO this year that doesn’t have any numbers to show lol.

I wish someone would just make a statement.
Just to be clear, I didn’t make this thread about EVO — I made it because, over the course of several months, I’ve seen a lot of people spreading misinformation about the numbers for this game in tournament.

After seeing it for the 101st time, and posted in a place where people would probably just repeat it without checking the facts, I decided to just post all the numbers so that we could all be clear on what they are.

Like, I’ve never seen a single person say that we were the biggest game at ECT this year, etc. So I didn’t even realize that, until I put the numbers together. Etc. It’s good to know.

I have my own opinions on EVO, etc, but I’ve posted them in the other threads that are actually about that topic. So this isn’t really the thread for it.. We already have plenty.