What's new

The Top Ten Xbox 360 Games in Japan (That Were Never Released There) MK vs DC Universe Makes List

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Getting a newly released game to all countries can be a challenge, for example... Mortal Kombat 9 still being banned in Australia. Whether it be a countries ranking system, cultural barriers or other difficulties stopping the entry of a game, sometimes it just doesn't make it. Today, Kotaku posted a list of "The Top 10 Games In Japan (that were never released)" and Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe makes the list. This is comes from a foreign Game Shop owner who sells imports in Japan.

mkdc1.jpg
10: Mortal Kombat Vs DC Universe
"The first Mortal Kombat for the next-gen consoles. Highly sought by Mortal Kombatfans and fans of DC heroes like Superman and Spider-Man." (editor's note: Spider-Man is neither a DC property, nor even present inMortal Kombat VS DC Universe)
Comment of Game Station owner

View the entire top ten list here.

Source: Kotaku
Credit: TheKombatTabloid

Attachments

GrandMasterson

The Netherrealm beckons
I live in Japan, and it was kind of disappointing to never see any MK games on the shelves, though not really surprising.

I have about 8 Japanese bros on my XBL friends list, and at least half of them still play MK9 regularly. So it's confirmed that at least 4 people in Japan still play MK.

GrandMasterson

The Netherrealm beckons
GrandMasterson:Actually, MK9 not being released in Japan does suprise me. The Killzone games were released there and they are dutch games.
MK was never big in Japan (maybe in the MK2 days). Personally, I think it should have been released but only the hardcore Japanese fans stuck with MK9 in the long run anyway. Everyone else went back to SF4.

Also, MK has to compete with the arcade scene in Japan, and that just isn't feasible.

I live in Japan, and it was kind of disappointing to never see any MK games on the shelves, though not really surprising.

I have about 8 Japanese bros on my XBL friends list, and at least half of them still play MK9 regularly. So it's confirmed that at least 4 people in Japan still play MK.
Could you record some matches? It will be interesting to see Japanese players.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
"The first Mortal Kombat for the next-gen consoles. Highly sought by Mortal Kombatfans and fans of DC heroes like Superman and Spider-Man." (editor's note: Spider-Man is neither a DC property, nor even present inMortal Kombat VS DC Universe)

Am I the only one who laughed at this? XD