What's new

The Top 10 Fan Requested Characters for Kombat Pack 2

Do you agree with this top 10?

• Yes! These are some excellent choices and I can't wait to see what NRS does with them.

Votes: 67 57.3%
  • No! These characters are poor decisions by the community, they could've been better.

Votes: 50 42.7%

• Total voters

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
i have a thread about Variation ideas i posted about 3 days ago.... i started a monthly poll on it to decide what TYM's fav Kombatants for KP@ are, so we could roll out some Variation ideas on those characters and this is the results:

Poll DLC top 10 votes 9-9-2015 (Updated Monthly)

1. Fujin -41-votes

2. Smoke-29-votes

3. Noob Saibot-27-votes

4. Cyrax-20-votes

5. Sindel-18-votes

6. Bo Rai Cho-17-votes

7. Reiko/Rain-16-votes

8. Shang Tsung-13-votes

9. Baraka-12-votes

10. Havik/Kabal/Sareena-10-votes

Li Mei was not included in my character list.. i ran out of space, cant make everyone happy i guess... to many characters and too little places.

MadeOfMetal

I expected Kabal to be on this list since I've seen him requested a lot. Personally, I'm holding out for Shang Tsung, Baraka, Noob/Smoke, and Cyrax or Sindel.
i have ideas for Kabal, but with MK community i posted ideas, and everyone was like Kabal is too OP, i beileve anything good on him would get nerfed due to MK9 memories.. if you know what i mean...

i knew NDC was obnoxious on MK9 but that was due to endless chipstrings and endless dashing..
so i figured with stamina it would be ok...

i thought he could have NDC but add a feature that could give him a strong game like:

his nomad dash cancel, on block stuns opponent for a short time. like it could be +2 on block, since there is many characters with +on block strings, that could be his one +on block tool. and it could make Kabal fans feel like he still lives, they would do a stringNDCintoa mixup and possibly stay around +5 on block, since ferra torr has 10+ and 15+ with 4PnGRC i figured that would be ok, and lets not even talk about Johnny's +20 SKRC's

Alvhe Feleo

Due tomorrow? Do tomorrow.
I still don't get why people want Noob Saibot back. He's been one of my favorites across MK games but his kit is already present in the game (Through different characters though, e.g. Skorpion's inferno minions and teleport, Quan Chi's portals, Johnny's stunt double...).

Given that they aren't going to add 15 characters, but rather 4 possible to keep the character selection menu balanced, I understand people would want Fujin or Kabal, but Noob is a waste of space currently since his variations won't be unique, but rather copies of other characters.

zerosebaz

What's the point of a random Krypt?
Bi-han (one variation Noob Saibot, one variation human, the other a mix)

Sareena

Fujin

Havik/Cyrax

I would be so happy...

shezy

Noob
One thing you guys should know is that kabal is the best character in MK9, he abused most of the characters in MK9 I think NRS are scared to include kabal in MKX the ndc plus run he can be unstoppable.

One more time for testyourmight..

SPAWN or NOTHING...

PS: Havik is the only MK character that looks interesting. However I still don't care because of the shytty netcode- so it's either Spawn or Boon can hold a brick...

MadeOfMetal

One thing you guys should know is that kabal is the best character in MK9, he abused most of the characters in MK9 I think NRS are scared to include kabal in MKX the ndc plus run he can be unstoppable.
not with STAMINA, he could NDC 3 times max, and they can make his stamina refill slower.
and id say cyrax/sonya could give him a good fight in MK9

I still don't get why people want Noob Saibot back. He's been one of my favorites across MK games but his kit is already present in the game (Through different characters though, e.g. Skorpion's inferno minions and teleport, Quan Chi's portals, Johnny's stunt double...).

Given that they aren't going to add 15 characters, but rather 4 possible to keep the character selection menu balanced, I understand people would want Fujin or Kabal, but Noob is a waste of space currently since his variations won't be unique, but rather copies of other characters.
So kabal's and fujin's moves haven't been present in the cast?!?!? How about Tempest Ex Spin/Kitana's Royal storm whirlwind lifts, how about divekicks from like 3 characters already?!? And Kabal ?!?!? With all the instant air projectiles , Tremor's low rock (which works exactly like kabal's saw) and all the Run Cancel Pressure this game has. Kabal and Fujin will bring nothing new either.
And did you notice how many characters in this game have nutpunches, divekicks, boomerang like projectiles, and scorpion like teleports?!?!
Now I do believe NRS can be creative and make some of Fujin's move more original to mkx, but the same thing can be said about Shang and Noob Saibot. Tsung never even had a soul steal move and ground skulls in earlier games. His main feature had always been morphing. So they could just go a different root with him and any other character they decide to put in KP2.

LaidbackOne

Scrubby nice guy
Sektor with his original moveset would be perfect for MKX, Rain & Some1 new that wasn't in MK9.

No idea why Sindel or Baraka are making a comeback, 2 characters that weren't even popular in MK9 :/
Kano was not popular either Probably because all of those 3 were shit tier characters in MK9. Not that big of a mistery.

Alvhe Feleo

Due tomorrow? Do tomorrow.
So kabal's and fujin's moves haven't been present in the cast?!?!?
They are, but shhhh, I just want Kabal because he's my favorite character from MK9. Let's pretend nobody read that. :DOGE
Nightwolf has a better chance at being back than Stryker though....
Aw yiss. Well, I'd love to see a Cassie vs Stryker pistol duel, but a tomahawk variation of Nightwolf would be insane.

They are, but shhhh, I just want Kabal because he's my favorite character from MK9. Let's pretend nobody read that. :DOGE

Aw yiss. Well, I'd love to see a Cassie vs Stryker pistol duel, but a tomahawk variation of Nightwolf would be insane.
Night wolf would definitely benefit from the variation system