What's new

Guide - Thunder God The timing for the Electric Fly after B1122 string and the combo with B11 Lightning Ball cancel?

HoangS-Z

Learn From This!
1) I find it very hard to connect the BF3 after the B1122. If I press it right after the 11th hit of the B1122, the BF3 is not activated, but if I wait a little bit after the 11th hit of the B1122, the BF3 is activated but it won't conect to the string. Can someone help me with the timing of it?

2) As I see in many MKX tournaments prepatch, Raiden users can connect some strings after B11 LBC such as 213 or F12B2 [hold]. Is it still possible to connect those strings after B11 LBC in this latest patch? Cause I go to the lab and try to do it but they are not connected to each other? Is it because of my timing after the LBC not right or they are no longer
connect to each other after this patch?

I'm new to TG Raiden, hope you guys could help and if you could please post some new BnB TG Raiden combos here because in the latest patch Raiden cannot do LBC twice, some old combos in the prepatch are no longer work at the moment :<

Last edited:

Anor

I am truth and light
It's easy, enter 1122(hold 2). Enter bf3, hold 2 with the same finger push 3.

Possible.

TheRealOnlyGoonie

Hey You Guys
1) I find it very hard to connect the BF4 after the B1122. If I press it right after the 11th hit of the B1122, the BF4 is not activated, but if I wait a little bit after the 11th hit of the B1122, the BF4 is activated but it won't conect to the string. Can someone help me with the timing of it?

2) As I see in many MKX tournaments prepatch, Raiden users can connect some strings after B11 LBC such as 213 or F12B2 [hold]. Is it still possible to connect those strings after B11 LBC in this latest patch? Cause I go to the lab and try to do it but they are not connected to each other? Is it because of my timing after the LBC not right or they are no longer

I'm new to TG Raiden, hope you guys could help and if you could please post some new BnB TG Raiden combos here because in the latest patch Raiden cannot do LBC twice, some old combos in the prepatch are no longer work at the moment :<
WHY PLAY THUNDERGOD WHEN U CAN PLAY DISPLACER!!!!!

HoangS-Z

Learn From This!
It's easy, enter 1122(hold 2). Enter bf3, hold 2 with the same finger push 3.

Possible.
U mean press BF3 while still holding 2 with the same finger? How is it possible? I mean...the position of the thumb in that position is weird to excecute it.
Oh, that explained why I cannot do it, cause all I did was press B1122, hold 2 for a while, release and press BF3 after. So now i have to learn how to press BF3 while still holding 2 simultaneously

HoangS-Z

Learn From This!
Actually I realized when I was playing Buzz Saw I did the set up with Ex Low Hat and 44. All I did was holding 2 with my left index finger so my thumb was free to press 4 twice. I think I will apply it with this one, holding 2 with index finger and then press BF3 ^^

Raidenwins

Raiden Practitioner
Actually I realized when I was playing Buzz Saw I did the set up with Ex Low Hat and 44. All I did was holding 2 with my left index finger so my thumb was free to press 4 twice. I think I will apply it with this one, holding 2 with index finger and then press BF3 ^^
Yes, that is the way to do it. It's very easy. Just press 1, 1, 2, 2 with your index finger and hold the 2 (with the index finger again), and then just a little bit after the last lighting comes out do BF3 (press 3 with your thumb). The input window is quite large.

I used to struggle with this, but after I started using the method above, I almost never drop the combo.

Raidenwins

Raiden Practitioner
Yes, it is. I would recommend trying to do LRC after a NJP. For example, the following are easier (as easy as Raiden's LRC can be LOL) combos for a beginner:

NJP, F2, B1, 4 ~ LRC ~ 2, 1, 3 (or 2, 1, 4 or F1, 2, B2)

NJP, F2, B1, 1 ~ LRC ~ 2, 1, 3 (or 2, 1, 4 or F1, 2, B2)

The idea being that if the opponent is falling down (from being launched in the air) as you are hitting them with B1, 4 or B1, 1 the input window for a combo after LRC is larger, making it a little bit easier to connect something (after LRC). I had success with that strategy after failing for a long time to do LRC off of raw B1, 4 or B1, 1. Just make sure to hit the opponent with B1, 4 or B1, 1 as high in the air as possible.

Hope that helps.

Ps: look at pages 12, 15, 17, 21, 24, and 27 from the thread "Raiden General Discussion" for various tips on performing LRC (which is how we refer to it here, btw).

Last edited:

HoangS-Z

Learn From This!
Yes, it is. I would recommend trying to do LRC after a NJP. For example, the following are easier (as easy as Raiden's LRC can be LOL) combos for a beginner:

NJP, F2, B1, 4 ~ LRC ~ 2, 1, 3 (or 2, 1, 4 or F1, 2, B2)

NJP, F2, B1, 1 ~ LRC ~ 2, 1, 3 (or 2, 1, 4 or F1, 2, B2)

The idea being that if the opponent is falling down (from being launched in the air) as you are hitting them with B1, 4 or B1, 1 the input window for a combo after LRC is larger, making it a little bit easier to connect something (after LRC). I had success with that strategy after failing for a long time to do LRC off of raw B1, 4 or B1, 1. Just make sure to hit the opponent with B1, 4 or B1, 1 as high in the air as possible.

Hope that helps.

Ps: look at pages 12, 15, 17, 21, 24, and 27 from the thread "Raiden General Discussion" for various tips on performing LRC (which is how we refer to it here, btw).
Thank you bro, I really appriciate your replies and the tips u gave me. I'm getting better with him right now
Now I can do B1122/ 1122 into Thunder Fly consistently by using that index finger tip. Recently I'm watching K-Top's Thunder God and I see him often does F12B2 (hold 2) into DF2, the problem is how could he does DF2 after holding 2 in F12B2 strings? I mean, if it is F12B2 then Thunder Fly BF3 I can just hold the 2 with index finger and use the thumb to do the Thunder Fly, but this is holding 2 and then DF2...... I tried but it didn't work at all. Do you have any tips for that?

Raidenwins

Raiden Practitioner
Thank you bro, I really appriciate your replies and the tips u gave me. I'm getting better with him right now
Now I can do B1122/ 1122 into Thunder Fly consistently by using that index finger tip. Recently I'm watching K-Top's Thunder God and I see him often does F12B2 (hold 2) into DF2, the problem is how could he does DF2 after holding 2 in F12B2 strings? I mean, if it is F12B2 then Thunder Fly BF3 I can just hold the 2 with index finger and use the thumb to do the Thunder Fly, but this is holding 2 and then DF2...... I tried but it didn't work at all. Do you have any tips for that?
Yea, that's easy. Don't hold the 2, just do F1, 2, B2 ~ DF2. Input F1, 2, B2 as a regular combo string, not a held one. You can do the same thing with B3, 2 ~ DF2. It comes in very handy for making both strings a little safer and doing a little bit more chip damage.

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
It's easy. Even me, Nivek, Echo and any TG Raiden main do it. While you hold the 2, try pressing it with the bottom of the same finger. You'll notice that any other button won't register, except of 3. The tip for this trick is to make your finger to be like a pyramid, so it won't touch the 1 and 4 buttons.

Raidenwins

Raiden Practitioner
It's easy. Even me, Nivek, Echo and any TG Raiden main do it. While you hold the 2, try pressing it with the bottom of the same finger. You'll notice that any other button won't register, except of 3. The tip for this trick is to make your finger to be like a pyramid, so it won't touch the 1 and 4 buttons.
Not to be overly critical or anything, but that sounds confusing. The way I described it above is very straightforward, you just do F1, 2, B2 ~ DF2 and voila, it comes out. You can let go (whatever finger you are the holding the 2 with) of the 2 after B2 and then press again after DF. I do it all the time, it's simple.

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
Not to be overly critical or anything, but that sounds confusing. The way I described it above is very straightforward, you just do F1, 2, B2 ~ DF2 and voila, it comes out. You can let go (whatever finger you are the holding the 2 with) of the 2 after B2 and then press again after DF. I do it all the time, it's simple.
Not to be overly critical as well. Those what you described are easy for me since I'm fast and very productive. If you cannot pass through of your problem with B1122xxSuperman, then you're a scrub. A good pro can do B1122xxSuperman AND many LRCs without problems. A good pro always trains to become perfect. If you don't want to be a scrub all your life, go train with B1122xxSuperman and make it 10/10. And what I said isn't THAT confusing. I'd suggest @HoangS-Z to train his ass before everyone calls him scrub for the rest of his life.

Sorry for my cynical answer, but it's the truth.

El “Joaquin Balaguer”

Nombre real: Electric Fly or Superman in MKvsDCU.

Dominicans understand this attack as: “Joaquin Balaguer” old Domninican President... deceased.:(
Photo of the name Raiden Yells:

Last edited:

Raidenwins

Raiden Practitioner
Not to be overly critical as well. Those what you described are easy for me since I'm fast and very productive. If you cannot pass through of your problem with B1122xxSuperman, then you're a scrub. A good pro can do B1122xxSuperman AND many LRCs without problems. A good pro always trains to become perfect. If you don't want to be a scrub all your life, go train with B1122xxSuperman and make it 10/10. And what I said isn't THAT confusing. I'd suggest @HoangS-Z to train his ass before everyone calls him scrub for the rest of his life.

Sorry for my cynical answer, but it's the truth.
Without being cynical in return, I am not quite sure I understand your above post. My reply above, which you quoted, was about F1, 2, B2 ~ DF2, not B1, 1, 2, 2 ~ Electric Fly. What I was trying to do was give @HoangS-Z a simple and effective way of performing F1, 2, B2 ~ DF2. His other question, about B1, 1, 2, 2 ~ Electric Fly, was already answered above. It seems you were trying to give him one more answer, which is fine, but what you are suggesting, i.e. hold 2 and then try to press 3 with the bottom of the same finger, is more difficult and much more error prone. The method I suggested to him is also the one suggested by Nivek a long time ago, i.e. hold 2 with your index finger and then press the 3 from FB3 with your thumb. It is also significantly simpler and more consistent than trying to form a pyramid with your finger (look for Nivek's answer to this question in the Raiden General Discussion or the Combo threads, from sometime last year or the year before).

Assuming we are all talking about performing B1, 1, 2, 2 ~ BF3 with a controller here, and not an arcade stick, the problem is that the 1, 2, 3, and 4 buttons are so close to each other that it is very easy to press the wrong button, especially if you attempt to press them with the bottom of your finger, while the tip is pressing a different button. That's why the method you are suggesting is more complex and error prone. Remember, with fighting games, like with just above everything else in life, the KISS (do an Internet search for it) principle applies.