What's new

The thing I’m looking forward to the most about D’vorah

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
...is if those COWARDS at Netherrealm Studios™ will actually incorporate what IMO is the most interesting thing about her design.

[from MKX concept art]

When are we going to see the horror show that is her fully opened mouth?

Every time I looked at her in MKX I felt angry that I didn’t actually get to see that nightmare unfold

The fact that the “true” mouth lines are still in her MK11 design(with two more lines for opening added, even) gives me hope that we might finally get to see what that abomination is capable of.

I don’t care if her head snaps back like a Pez dispenser and shoots swarms of bugs out, or if the bottom drops opens and she bites somebody’s entire head off, shit it could open up and just have a some sort of acid sprays gland inside or something.

Literally anything and I’d be satisfied, the mystery being solved is all that’s important here.

Anyway, what do you guys think/want her opened face to actual do or be?

EDIT:

Well I guess the question now is, will they actually use this stuff this time or not?

Last edited:

Jhonnykiller45

Shirai Ryu
Going off the image and before I actually read the thread I assumed what you wanted D'Vorah to have in MK11 was the Skrillex hair from the concept.

xXRagingFlameXx

I'm a bad bitch, you can't kill me
I really hope we see something like that for her. Would just make her entire aesthetic as a monster bug that much creepier.

Just, imagine how scary it would be for the lights to dim before a fatality and then it zooms in on her as she walking towards her prey, then slowly her jaw snaps open. Bugs of all kinds scattering out and towards the victim.

Sick shit.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
I really hope we see something like that for her. Would just make her entire aesthetic as a monster bug that much creepier.

Just, imagine how scary it would be for the lights to dim before a fatality and then it zooms in on her as she walking towards her prey, then slowly her jaw snaps open. Bugs of all kinds scattering out and towards the victim.

Sick shit.

I do hope they go with the swarm coming out of it idea, would make her more uniquely freaky

Samsara

Resident Cynic
I saw on twitter her fatal is low key supposed to be the best ever. My guess is she going to do that vomit thing again butt his time it will be in full, UE4 2019 ultra HD with tons of bugs and nastiness.

OR

it her incubate brutality from MKX except its in full UE4 2019 ultra HD with tons of bugs and nastiness.

Either way I now have my two mains in MK11. Subby and Dvoh. Could not be happier.

Can someone find out if Kelly Hu is coming back? I wonder if her voice will have more or less affectation this time. She was a tad hard to make sense of in MKX but I got used to it.

Kroaken

Life is a block string with no gaps.
...is if those COWARDS at Netherrealm Studios™ will actually incorporate what IMO is the most interesting thing about her design.

[from MKX concept art]

When are we going to see the horror show that is her fully opened mouth?

Every time I looked at her in MKX I felt angry that I didn’t actually get to see that nightmare unfold

The fact that the “true” mouth lines are still in her MK11 design(with two more lines for opening added, even) gives me hope that we might finally get to see what that abomination is capable of.

I don’t care if her head snaps back like a Pez dispenser and shoots swarms of bugs out, or if the bottom drops opens and she bites somebody’s entire head off, shit it could open up and just have a some sort of acid sprays gland inside or something.

Literally anything and I’d be satisfied, the mystery being solved is all that’s important here.

Anyway, what do you guys think/want her opened face to actual do or be?
The important questions right here, NRS. We need answers.

ChatterBox

Searching for an alt.
haha I also thought you meant the skrillex hair for a second

YES please give us more freaky ass bug stuff, happy to have my homegirl back for MK11. Humans are boring and I want some crazy ass creatures. Happy to see Baraka and D'Vorah coming out strong.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
For real? lol

if so, perfect example of why I'd rather not have shitters like d'vorah back lol
What classifies as a shitter?

If you go off of performance, reptile is almost a joke character with how much he jobs and how little he matters to the plot as his own character. He exists as a means to make other characters look good and he barely had a personality.

He is worse than Baraka, who at least leads his race and was held in high regard by two Kahn’s(Shao and Mileena). Reptile was under Shang, lower on the totem pole. Then Kotal took him in like he was a puppy who lost his owner.

If you go off of design he’s literally either a generic ninja or a goofy lizard man.

D’Vorah on the other hand was a secondary antagonist in a game and won most of her fights, even killing two major characters, and she has an actually creative design and purpose. Even in their shared background as people trying to preserve their race, she’s better and more interesting because she’s actually successfully doing that as a walking incubator while lizard boy is bumbling around getting nothing done.

I don’t like to shit on other people’s favorites but when I see people try to pretend a worse character is better because they happen to be biased by nostalgia, it bewilders me.

And I didn’t even play D’vorah in X, so I have no real loyalty to the character, I also don’t mind reptile and would be fine with him being in any game, this is just a neutral view comparing the two.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
What classifies as a shitter?

If you go off of performance...
What classifies someone as a shitter? Whether I like them or not. lol
I've never said I wasn't biased. I just absolutely despise D'Vorah from a story and gameplay perspective.

D'Vorah helps out one of my least favorites (Shinnok) and betrays one of the cooler new characters (Kotal) and kills some of the cooler "monstrous" characters in the series (Mileena & Baraka).

Reptile = Looks like an awesome reptilian ninja and is fun to play. (forceballs, invisibility and reptilian dash shenanigans)
D'Vorah = weird bug and not fun to play against.

xXRagingFlameXx

I'm hoping that since the same voice actor for Baraka voiced Reptile, and the voices are literally exact, that means Reptile won't show up. He's had so little substance as a character whereas D'Vorah's had more impact than Reptile ever had. I can't think of a single moment where Reptile did something that had me like "Woaaaaaahh what a cool character."

But I'll never forget how badass D'Vorah looked when she betrayed Kotal and stole Shinnok's amulet. The wicked smirk on her face.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
I'm hoping that since the same voice actor for Baraka voiced Reptile, and the voices are literally exact, that means Reptile won't show up. He's had so little substance as a character whereas D'Vorah's had more impact than Reptile ever had. I can't think of a single moment where Reptile did something that had me like "Woaaaaaahh what a cool character."

But I'll never forget how badass D'Vorah looked when she betrayed Kotal and stole Shinnok's amulet. The wicked smirk on her face.
Same voice actor doesn’t actually matter because Steve Blum did Reptile and Sub in MKX and is doing Baraka and Sub in 11

xXRagingFlameXx

Same voice actor doesn’t actually matter because Steve Blum did Reptile and Sub in MKX and is doing Baraka and Sub in 11
Sub-Zero and Reptile have completely different voices though and his Baraka voice is the exact same as his Reptile one lol

Imagine Baraka versus Reptile and it's the exact same voice, same dialect and all, just with deeper autotune. That's already two characters he's going to have to do all that voice work for. It's not like Troy Baker who did Fujin, Shinnok, and Erron Black. Or Kelly Hu who voiced D'Vorah, Sindel, and Frost. Fujin, Sindel, and Frost all had very limited lines in the story. (They were probably only asked to do them because they were already on the lot to do the playable characters who have a lot more lines.)

So, Steve Blum's already playing Baraka and Sub-Zero, both of which have all that dialogue. I'm guessing that even if we do see Reptile, he'll be a story mode NPC. But even then. There's only so many reptilian scratchy throat gurgles that one man can do to differentiate a character from another.

It's possible they could get a new voice actor entirely for Reptile though.