The Supergirl General Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Supergirl' started by CrimsonShadow, May 17, 2017.

1. JDE

JDE Doing Supergirl's Kryptonian shuffle!

PSN:
    oJDEo
    XBL:
    XX JDE XX
    KeyserSoze and Lex Luthor II like this.
  2. Sazbak

Sazbak Premium Supporter
    Premium Supporter

D1 is -3 on block now.

Also a completely unrelated idea:
    I think it might be better to end combos with b12bf3 instead of b123 where you can since opponent can roll b123. Ending with bf3 deals more damage and builds meter.

KeyserSoze and JDE like this.
  3. JDE

PSN:
    oJDEo
    XBL:
    XX JDE XX
    Thanks for catching that. Changed.

I'll test them out later to see. Occupied atm. Thanks.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2018
  4. JDE

PSN:
    oJDEo
    XBL:
    XX JDE XX
    @Sazbak I haven't been able to test the suggestionyet since I've been on DBFZ (but I will) with others getting ready for Final Round, but I meant to post earlier that we still have b1 > f23xxd1+3xx as an ender too.

5. JDE

PSN:
    oJDEo
    XBL:
    XX JDE XX
    Been in the lab all morning. I tried to find something around her 112. Unless my timing is off, 6 framers can immediately mash out with a button before even d3 comes out. I got it to trade for the most part, though. However, you have breath and bf3. I'm using 112 into d4 or standing 4. Haven't been interrupted yet. Still trying it for about another hour or 2 before I switch over to something else.

You ALSO can backdash after 112 if they try to d1 or d2 you. Not sure if anyone knew about that. So you could catch mashers and then whiff punish while keeping them pinned. 112 > Neutral Jump > Nj3 is thing too. I tried your combo too @Sazbak. It's a good combo since yeah you buld meter and then you can dash afterwards. Takes them pretty far, too.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2018
    Sazbak and Lex Luthor II like this.
  6. DarksydeDash

DarksydeDash Magic and Starbolts - Give up or get lit up.

Gotta say NRS did a great job balancing her.

She still gets combos off her low profiling and long reaching d1 but now it's not a panic button. You still have her d3 and d2 for faster options, her plus frames are still there, and she still has one of the best safe advancing mid in the game with stromgcounter zoning options.

Edit: I also saw they took away her hdk from b123 in the air (which was clearly a bug) so now she doesn't get insane Oki unless she's in the corner.

No one should complain about her now and those who stick with her will definitely become even greater players.

Cursa and Marinjuana like this.
  7. JDE

PSN:
    oJDEo
    XBL:
    XX JDE XX
    I don't think anyone will be willing use d2 after 112 because it's unsafe at -17. D3 isn't unsafe, but it trades with characters with 6 frame buttons. Characters with a d2 of 6 frames win that trade. Others get hit into the hardknockdown.

Most Supergirl players would rather either 112 > shimmy, 112 >grab, B1, stand 2, backdash, trait cancel, mb breath, bf3 or neutral jump than take an uneccessary risk all after 112. It depends on the characters that she's facing on how she frame traps. Certainly not frame trap with a move that's practically a death sentence until after they condition them for a d1.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
    xQUANTUMx and Inzzane_79 like this.
  8. Lex Luthor II

Lex Luthor II Lord of Lightning

Supergirl sucks now. No d1,d1,d1,d1, breath spam. 9/10 will not play.

jcbowie likes this.
  9. Sazbak

Sazbak Premium Supporter
    Premium Supporter

Not to mention d2 is a high risk medium reward move since d2 starter leads to a weak combo.

KeyserSoze and JDE like this.
  10. JDE

PSN:
    oJDEo
    XBL:
    XX JDE XX
    I actually meant to say that her frame traps are character specific now with her lows. Not everyone can disrespect her that easily (even still a lot can’t because they have to think about all of options after they block 112 before they press buttons). I edited the post. NB4, I’m not saying that she’s good or bad now.

I still think d1 is in fact a good move in neutral. So is d3. I was just explaining why you wouldn’t just use d2 whenever you clearly have other ways that you can open someone up while being safe.

Edit: b21+3, her air grab, d3 & 112 aren’t techable knockdowns. You can still run setups off of them or you can opt for bf3 like you were telling me before.

KeyserSoze and Inzzane_79 like this.
  11. KeyserSoze

KeyserSoze Fabled Villain

I only started playing her relatively recently, but I was ending in BF3 before the patch. I think there are a lot of match-ups where it makes a ton of sense.

12. JDE

PSN:
    oJDEo
    XBL:
    XX JDE XX
    I think she's more about spacing & whiff punishing than anything now with less oki & less reliable mixups (since d1 got hit). Honestly, she's doing what really supposed to do when she was 1st designed, which was that, manage resources well, & get creative off of knockdowns. She's got the damage & decent safe cancels (212 & b123) now than what she had in vanilla. So it's ok. That's why I'm not all up in arms about it.

13. CrimsonShadow

CrimsonShadow Administrator and Community Engineer
    Administrator

When she was first released, she couldn't even really manage resources well, because she needed meter for everything. Resource management came in after the patch.

So yeah, she's definitely still in a better place.

JDE and Pygmy_Potato like this.
  14. JDE

PSN:
    oJDEo
    XBL:
    XX JDE XX
    Almost everything was a complete death penalty too if the risks didn't pay off.

Edit: No, I take it back. Everything WAS a death penalty. :p > :)

Superman64 and Lex Luthor II like this.
  15. Sazbak

Sazbak Premium Supporter
    Premium Supporter

Were you able to punish SG's 112 meaty with delayed wake up pre-patch? Now it's possible.

16. JDE

PSN:
    oJDEo
    XBL:
    XX JDE XX
    I didn't get to play the BETA. So, I wouldn't know. Just when the game 1st released. Maybe someone like Crimson Panther, Juggs, or Crimson Shadow knows.

17. Lex Luthor II

Lex Luthor II Lord of Lightning

Her slow as fudge d1 is really annoying/killer. I dont mind it stops the spam d1 we used to do, i honestly didnt do it that much, but in terms of footsies and punishing its really killing my mood you guys.

Sazbak and kingjack21 like this.
  18. Sazbak

Sazbak Premium Supporter
    Premium Supporter

I feel you. They could have just made d1 -6 so we can't spam it. It's weird to play a character up-close without a quick, safe poke.

Parasurama and Lex Luthor II like this.
  19. Superman64

Superman64 Noob

-6 is punishable so I'll take we have instead of Catwoman comboing for d1

20. Sazbak

Sazbak Premium Supporter
    Premium Supporter

-6 is punishable? I went into practice mode and did a s2 with superman(-6) then just hold down. I couldn't punish it with another Superman's d1 which is 6 frame.
    Can someone confirm it that -6 is punishable?

21. Superman64

Superman64 Noob

6f should be able to punish try Catwoman or Canary st1 or scarecrow d1.

22. JDE

PSN:
    oJDEo
    XBL:
    XX JDE XX
    Catwoman’s d1 I thought was 7 frames. So is Black Canary’s. They have different hitboxes when they crouch.

23. It’s only punishable by 6 frame specials like flash’s super

24. JDE

PSN:
    oJDEo
    XBL:
    XX JDE XX
    I didn't either. I only did it when I knew for a fact that someone was going to press buttons.

25. xQUANTUMx

xQUANTUMx Twitter: @xxQUANTUM
    Premium Supporter

Unless we are talking about specials I think -6 is the limit for being safe. I don’t think there are just frame punishes with normals in this game are there ?

Sent from my iPhone using Test Your Might