The Supergirl General Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Supergirl' started by CrimsonShadow, May 17, 2017.

1. KeyserSoze

KeyserSoze Fabled Villain

So I've decided to learn Supergirl. Ridiculously fun character. I've never played a jack-of-all trades character before, and honestly, I am having a blast. I've always tended to play more one-dimensional characters. It's very fun to be able to rushdown, zone, and/or bait on command. Also, her mobility is fucking delicious. Plus, her float combos, Super move, and win animation are all swag AF.

A basic question for those initiated in the prowess of Kara Zor-El: Which characters can be reliably zoned out and which ones can not? While I am getting very comfortable with a lot of her tools and have had a lot of success implementing various play-styles, I am not always sure which characters she can successfully out zone on a consistent basis.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2018
    Lex Luthor II likes this.
  2. Lex Luthor II

Lex Luthor II Lord of Lightning

This may sound weird. I don't think necessarily Supergirl can outzone everyone, but she can't be outzoned by ANYONE.

By that I mean nobody can zone her to death, like for instance if you were Aquaman fighting Ivy. She has the tools/projectile/mobility to fight back/get in on everyone.

...but she can also successfully outzone like 2/3rds of the cast easily. Given her lasers and mobility.

KeyserSoze likes this.
  3. Sazbak

Sazbak Premium Supporter
    Premium Supporter

bye

Kooron Nation likes this.
  4. JDE

JDE Doing Supergirl's Kryptonian shuffle!

PSN:
    oJDEo
    XBL:
    XX JDE XX
    We won't see that many Supergirl players now, but I'm not mad at all tbh. lol. I expected them to change something like this. Actually content with the changes. She's still just fine.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2018
    KeyserSoze and JBeezYBabY like this.
  5. Sazbak

Sazbak Premium Supporter
    Premium Supporter

I'm only angry at the 9f d1 change. It looks disgustingly slow now. I would have been fine with the other changes. The walking laser was a pretty potato move so I agree it needed a nerf.

6. 9f is not reactable regardless of how "disgustingly slow" it might look. You just can't spam it now. Use d2 if you want 6f.

KeyserSoze likes this.
  7. jcbowie

jcbowie ...more deadly than the dawn.

Lol.

JBeezYBabY likes this.
  8. JBeezYBabY

JBeezYBabY Mr. Righteous

LOL x2

DavesHotnJuicy likes this.
  9. Sazbak

Sazbak Premium Supporter
    Premium Supporter

D2 is unsafe and has less horizontal range.

10. Goatlegs

Goatlegs Noob

I thought she was gonna get hit harder than that. She’s still very strong, I’m just curious what everyone is going to complain about now.

KeyserSoze, JDE and JBeezYBabY like this.
  11. Superman64

Superman64 Noob

you mean 7f not 6 supergirl doesn't have any 6f move

Pygmy_Potato likes this.
  12. KeyserSoze

KeyserSoze Fabled Villain

IDK, given all of the incessant bitching about her, I thought she would get it worse. D1 change doesn't seem that bad.
    I actually think MB trait requiring meter hurts her the most, because now you can't get primo damage from her bnbs for only one bar.

Pygmy_Potato likes this.
  13. JDE

PSN:
    oJDEo
    XBL:
    XX JDE XX
    Her straight laser is -1 now.

14. JDE

PSN:
    oJDEo
    XBL:
    XX JDE XX
    This

15. Sazbak

Sazbak Premium Supporter
    Premium Supporter

Lol. I'm just curious whether I can claim victimhood status if I lose a match now or SG is forever hated no matter what.

16. JDE

PSN:
    oJDEo
    XBL:
    XX JDE XX
    Once we've played around with the changes more, I'll update the guide & repost it.

17. Vigilante24

Vigilante24 Beware my power, Red Lantern's Light

I've said since the beginning of the game that MB trait should use a bar since ya know... METER burn button is being used. Really shocked it is just now being implemented. Better late than never I guess.

18. jcbowie

jcbowie ...more deadly than the dawn.

Literally like the only, tiny differences to her play now are that d1 can't just be panic spammed as a get-out-of-jail-free card and resource management matters slightly more if you want to get the absolute highest damage....

19. JDE

PSN:
    oJDEo
    XBL:
    XX JDE XX
    She can't just do MB4 out in neutral without thinking, either. Since it costs meter, it can be risky because it can cost you just like her mb teleport. Still good, though since it does good damage & good chip.

20. Meridian1000

Meridian1000 Banned

112 into d1 breath is done. Bye bye crimson shadow. Learn the game now.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2018
  21. Sazbak

Sazbak Premium Supporter
    Premium Supporter

Ok so what am I supposed to do after 112 now to frame trap? Does bf3 still work? I can't test it right now but imo it doesn't if 112 is really +2 only.
    Doing combo off of d2 for 274 damage and risking a full combo punish is too risky.
    D3?

22. Peckapowa

Peckapowa Noob

patch is up on xbox, it says its plus three regardless most pokes are 7frames and her down 1 is nine so you can still do it. It's also quicker recovery now, so you can play mind games between 112 breath and 112 poke and 112 grab, im not sure if you can also walk backwards and whiff punish after if they are mashing but you can do that if they are respectful. you can neutral jump as well or just block and counterpoke its still really good.

23. Braindead

Braindead High-functioning Scrub

God forbid you actually have to think and condition your opponent.

ismael4790 and Vigilante24 like this.
  24. Peckapowa

Peckapowa Noob

her 112 might be better now...

25. Sazbak

Sazbak Premium Supporter
    Premium Supporter

I tested 112 d1 and Superman could poke out of it with his 6f d1 cleanly. Maybe I mistimed it who knows I will test it later again. Anyway thanks for the advice.
    God forbid you answer my actual question. No. Do the completely original thing and shit on Supergirl players.