The Supergirl General Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Supergirl' started by CrimsonShadow, May 17, 2017.

1. Sazbak

Sazbak Premium Supporter
    Premium Supporter

Thanks! I will check out his channel when I'm home.

2. OmGxBdON

OmGxBdON I'm going to make Fate top ten

PSN:
    OmGxBdON
    Why is this character so good

New York Pizza likes this.
  3. OmGxBdON

PSN:
    OmGxBdON
    U want to nerf supergirl make her breath more negatives or reduce pushback. Also half her damage buff

4. OmGxBdON

PSN:
    OmGxBdON
    Again as I said before sg only gets a nerf if other top tiers get nerfed too

5. thlityoursloat

thlityoursloat but you didn't have to cut me off!

Sounds like you came here looking to pick a fight my guy lol. If you want a fight, you won’t get one from me, but whenever you want to actually discuss Supergirl, after you get out of your butthurt feelings, holler at me. You can dislike a character. Doesn’t mean you get personal with people about it.

6. thlityoursloat

Lol man, this is my favorite thread on the whole site.

I wonder if the regular supergirl haters just sit in a dark room and think about how much they hate her all day.

7. thlityoursloat

That's your opinion and not a fact. Also posting pointless hateful comments against a community might be considered breaking TYM's rules.

Look if you want to talk about the character and the state of the game do it intelligently instead of being like "argh this character ruins the game." Like I've said that's your opinion and others may share that opinion but it isn't fact. If you have a problem then talk about it instead of just blindly hating. This is a discussion thread, if you're not discussing shit then you shouldn't be posting here.

8. JDE

JDE Doing Supergirl's Kryptonian shuffle!

PSN:
    oJDEo
    XBL:
    XX JDE XX
    She has like 7 or 8 winning, most of them are even. Even still, having no losing match ups does not equal "broken" And reading your post above, seems like you're having trouble dealing with habitual players rather than Supergirl herself.

Edit: What are you having trouble with? I don't mind helping.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2017
  9. x TeeJay o

x TeeJay o Canary Cry Gapless Pressure
    Moderator Royal Contributor

I'm really tired of going through it with you. I'm not gonna keep warning you this is basically my last time telling you to stop being toxic and childish. You think you're funny but you aren't, leave the forum if you're not going to conduct in a civil manner. Last. Warning. Period

myri likes this.
  10. thlityoursloat

This is honestly pretty cringeworthy.
    I write down my experience with the character in a pretty straightforward statement.. it's "take it elsewhere bub". Bdon does the same and it's okay?
    Were the "take it elsewhere bub" and navy seal copypasta derivatives good precedents of civil manner?

11. I swear you've posted exactly this sentence before - do you have it filed away for copypasta purposes or something? :p

I'd agree, but doing that would probably have unintended consequences like making it do that d1 can't combo into background bounce anymore, just like happened with Starfire, so be careful what you wish for!

12. JDE

PSN:
    oJDEo
    XBL:
    XX JDE XX
    We'll have to agree to disagree with this. I've been in this situation before. Plenty of times. I actually played Scorpion in MKX & then the 1st time they nerfed him, they nerfed what I expected, but then he got unnecessary changes & people were quick to say his change of inconsistent combo routes due to nerfs were uncalled & then when they came out with the last patch, they did what they should have done to him the 1st time when they changed him. Not just MKX but a few others as well.

Point is yes I do like how they've done so far in terms of balance changes & I do believe that this is a fun game whether she's good or not, but I definitely don't trust them to actually change what should be changed. I mainly feel this way because of how she was designed.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2017
  13. x TeeJay o

x TeeJay o Canary Cry Gapless Pressure
    Moderator Royal Contributor

B don hasn't constantly been in EVERY thread about Supergirl bashing her or derailing conversations. You on the other hand have. He came in and asked why is she so good and suggested the same nerf all of you have been whining for since forever now. But at least he didn't name call or take it too far. I understand ppl have frustrations with her, but we don't need it in here 24/7. Aren't y'all tired of bitching about her?

JDE, Meep8345, ShArp and 1 other person like this.
  14. thlityoursloat

fine.
    :p

15. OmGxBdON

PSN:
    OmGxBdON
    Breh, I’m sorry but her being good is a fact and my Nerfs are reasonable especially cuz I said only if other top tier get nerfed. Regardless not only do I play the character I’m damn good with her too and I’ve used her to win tournaments matches. I play her in MUs fate can’t get it done. Idk how u saw my comments as hating. Plus it’s funny to see what outrageous things people say like this. I don’t want to see her get nudered, I think my nerfs are reasonable. She shouldn’t be getting pseudo pressure after mb breath. Situational of course.

16. Sazbak

Sazbak Premium Supporter
    Premium Supporter

What is this "<insert character name> can blow up SG's teleport on reaction by blocking" joke that people write out as their status?

17. New York Pizza

New York Pizza Premium Supporter
    Premium Supporter

I'm having trouble going a2a with Super girl, can you help me out?
    Oh no wait she has multiple ways to counter jumps often times on reaction so jumping is always in her favor
    I'm having trouble getting in on super girl, can you help me out?
    Oh no wait she controls the pace of 90% of her mus.
    I'm having trouble aa-ing super girl, can you help me out?
    Oh no wait ia dash is unreactable so aa's are often times a read
    I'm having trouble keeping super girl out to avoid her pressure, can you help me out?
    Lol, wut why would you try to keep sg out thats what she wants.
    I'm having trouble os'ing sg, can you help me out?
    Um, back dashing works sometimes.........

No one's saying she's broken but everyone agrees she's stooooooopid. The fact that the pace of the matches are 90% in her favor, nevermind the mu numbers, speaks volumes a out how stupid she is.

I played pre patch swarm queen, d'vorah, I get the feeling of sort of having to "justify" your wins to other players- but never once did I say "Well, you know what, her cancels require resources.........

"Well, you know what, she has no REAL counter zoning"
    "Well, you know what, she gets out footsied by a big chunk of the cast"

Instead I said "yeah, d'vorah is fucking dumb. Sorry- lul nrs right? She definitely needs nerfs. Ggs though"

You are among the worst offenders in the "super girl defenders club" in this forum. You're not necessarily doing anything wrong, and honestly I'm just super wired on coffee and job stress right now so I come to tym to vent out some bs inside me in random places, but you alllllllways justify SG's bs and PASSIVELY suggest she MAY need nerfs in a few areas. I can tell you're a sg- fan d'vorah was my phone background screen for like a year- but can you admit she's STUPID?

thlityoursloat likes this.
  18. JDE

PSN:
    oJDEo
    XBL:
    XX JDE XX
    I actually didn’t say she wasn’t dumb. Hell I think she’s brain dead if that’s what you’re wanting me to say. I even posted what I felt needed to be changed in another thread. I even said she’s top 2. Said it the discord too. Plenty of people can vouch for it. Lol. I’m on phone so this message may have some typos. Been saying she was top 5. Been saying that she’s way too easy to use.

- Reduce speed of b1
    - Reduce pushback from mb breath
    - Reduce hits of extended breath

OR
    - Reduce damage from around 5 to 10%
    - Reduce lasers’ speed by 2
    - Full trait do less chip

I’m sorry if I offend people. Not my intention. I also type the way that I do because each time I’m met with a counter argument even when I try helping people, they either say something consending or they try to argue & then insult me. It may sound sensitive (which I usually can take trash talking) but when you’ve been name called or had any insults thrown at you & your family, you’d understand. It gets irritating after a while.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2017
  19. thlityoursloat

w-when did i insult you and your family?
    please don’t tell me you consider ‘supergirl’ your family. please. please don’t

20. Inzzane_79

Inzzane_79 Must be the lag bro xD

SG Main since day 1

She should be "adjusted" but not nerfed into oblivion. Yes, she is super strong atm but so are others (looking at CW for example).

Some of the ideas others mentioned are really good, like MB breath have less pushback and shouldn't get pseudo pressure after it. Or full trait do less chip damage (it is push blockable but yea, that low on health it would still be gg in most cases). I would even agree with lessen her damage output a bit.

I also can understand the frustration some might have fighting her, but why so much toxicity? We are all FG fans and share the same hobby, no point insulting others because of their opinion. I don´t agree with many opinions of other players but I would never insult anyone because of a game or a discussion about a game/character. Of course many of us get emotional very fast while playing (myself included) but on a forum?

I wish you all a nice weekend and I hope you all have some good gaming times

Sorry for any typos or incorrect sentences (English is not my first language)

Thundergodd, Sazbak and JDE like this.
  21. JDE

PSN:
    oJDEo
    XBL:
    XX JDE XX
    I didn’t say you lol. I never said you or anyone here in these last 2 or 3 pages for that matter. When or where did I ever say you did? I haven’t even played you lol. I’m talking about in sessions & other thread discussions. I posted here so they could read it so that if they come here because people like that should have no place in a community forum.

The only time I ever said anything about you was when you came in to vent about her & address hate for her (because your's is pretty obvious) when me or someone else was willing to help with fighting her. That’s your right to opinion.

I’m not talking Supergirl being my family unless you’re trolling. That’s just asinine. I meant my actual family. My nieces, mom, & other’s have nothing to do with a video game lol yet people get this personal.

So if I confused you or anyone else, then once again I apologize.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2017
  22. New York Pizza

Premium Supporter

All I wanted.

The nerfs I like

Edit- I want her d1~ ice breath gap to increase by 1 fr- I think it should be riskier to cancel- its something that should have to be hit confirmed
    I dont think more start up on lasers would have any effect. Track time is still fast and multiple angles makes it difficult to avoid More recovery on wiff/ block I think is better. A fast, kd projectile that launches full screen should have more disadvantage if blocked.
    Keep b1 8f. Agreed with ice breath pushback on block. But make b123 and bf3 wiff punishable

Last edited: Dec 8, 2017
    JDE likes this.
  23. JDE

PSN:
    oJDEo
    XBL:
    XX JDE XX
    Change it to -5 or 6 with more recovery. Assuming that they keep her damage the way it is.

24. New York Pizza

Premium Supporter

You've completely changed my perspective of you. A loyal fan but a rational player.

*shakes hand

JDE likes this.
  25. JDE

PSN:
    oJDEo
    XBL:
    XX JDE XX
    I’ll admit when a character is strong bro lol. *shakes hand back*

I’m a player who wants the game to be fun for everyone on a competitive basis.