What's new

Strategy The Subzero tech/strat video thread

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
I like that philosophy until I start losing :confused:
Idk, just seems like... unless you're on Tom Brady Sub level, playing uber safe doesn't help you all the time. People know what sub can and can't do... that's why I throw random xrays, B2's and cancels, and ice puddles out there. Been practicing on xray cancel after I saw MK Snowy's sub gimmick video... so now I'm gonna try adding this F4 xray cancel. :)

xQUANTUMx

Twitter: @xxQUANTUM
I need to start incorporating more of the B2 shenanigans.....Ice puddles are fun though...such a troll move

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Do you guys want me to post up how I use b2 in my overall game?

I was going to ANYWAY...... but i'm not really that important and to use it... you can't really be the "safe" SZ. It does add a dimension to his game that not many people use. Lemme know guys :)

xQUANTUMx

I was going to ANYWAY...... but i'm not really that important and to use it... you can't really be the "safe" SZ. It does add a dimension to his game that not many people use. Lemme know guys :)
Dooo eeeiiit.
I only know really to defend against it (ie. wakeup or just go neutral and lose 11% but you're at full screen).
Only time I ever do it is on a read and I want the opponent to break so I can eventually corner carry him meterless.

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance

Do it. I need all the shenanigans I need.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
I'll put some vids together for visuals.
Nothing like spreading the shenanigan wealth.

BTW.... thats all b2 is capable of being :(. But... like I said... in short sets... you can get away with it... based on unfamiliarity... and the fact that it is a 50/50 for both parties.

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
I'll put some vids together for visuals.
Nothing like spreading the shenanigan wealth.

BTW.... thats all b2 is capable of being :(. But... like I said... in short sets... you can get away with it... based on unfamiliarity... and the fact that it is a 50/50 for both parties.
<- also mains scorpion

Safe is NOT WHAT I DO SON

Seapeople

This one's for you
the good ole days.... ya know... when we had a reset.
Speaking of resets...do you guys remember that glitch that happened to Tom at Final Round? The one where he did 212 after b121 and it acted like one full combo? Yeahh that just happened to me on the non-Komplete Edition version of the game.

Btw if you or STB Sgt Reed wanna play some Sub mirrors, I've borrowed a friend's Xbox for the next couple days

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Speaking of resets...do you guys remember that glitch that happened to Tom at Final Round? The one where he did 212 after b121 and it acted like one full combo? Yeahh that just happened to me on the non-Komplete Edition version of the game.

Btw if you or STB Sgt Reed wanna play some Sub mirrors, I've borrowed a friend's Xbox for the next couple days
was it in the armory?

That stage is like a frame eating monster... along with any stage with a fucking dragon in it.

Still working on vids btw....

Seapeople

This one's for you
was it in the armory?

That stage is like a frame eating monster... along with any stage with a fucking dragon in it.

Still working on vids btw....
It was in the living forest. But I know what you mean, hell is the laggiest stage ever.
What vids are you working on?

How in the EFF do you xbox folks use this piece of shit controller?????
It's horrible haha, and I'm using the old-style Xbox dpad :(
Sub Zero is the only character I can play somewhat reliably with it, but Kuh Bawl's iagbs are surprisingly easy on it.

xQUANTUMx

I was thinking about getting an arcade stick but that will put me out of comission for a long while till I get used to it....

NB Semi Evil Ryu

Former Sub-Zero of the Midwest (2011 - 2015)
My matches at yesterday's GGA tournament (1st match at 57:05 [vs. GGA 16bit] / 2nd match at 1:17:45 [vs. GGA MOEW30]) My first tournament match was EM3 Hruza (Liu Kang), but wasn't streamed.

http://www.twitch.tv/gallopingghostarcade/b/337093660

It might be safe to say that I've just about hit my peak, unless I do something drastic such as move to Chicago. lol

I think that I mainly need to work on making my reaction times quicker. If I can do that, my opponents will have a tougher time getting out of the corner.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
My matches at yesterday's GGA tournament (1st match at 57:05 [vs. GGA 16bit] / 2nd match at 1:17:45 [vs. GGA MOEW30]) My first tournament match was EM3 Hruza (Liu Kang), but wasn't streamed.

http://www.twitch.tv/gallopingghostarcade/b/337093660

It might be safe to say that I've just about hit my peak, unless I do something drastic such as move to Chicago. lol

I think that I mainly need to work on making my reaction times quicker. If I can do that, my opponents will have a tougher time getting out of the corner.
and being a bigger lame master when you have a life lead on kitana. ... yeah. You actually had bit about 4 times.... and you kept attacking.

and SZ isn't that good :( Glad you got stream time though :) as SZ non the less.

NB Semi Evil Ryu

and being a bigger lame master when you have a life lead on kitana. ... yeah. You actually had bit about 4 times.... and you kept attacking.
Yeah.....and then there's that. I struggle making that switch quickly. I only did it once (the round where my x-ray whiffed).

Sent from my scrubby HTC Thunderbolt using Tapatalk

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Yeah.....and then there's that. I struggle making that switch quickly. I only did it once (the round where my x-ray whiffed).

Sent from my scrubby HTC Thunderbolt using Tapatalk
non of us would have beaten him...... he's just really good for one... and the MU is horrid. I commend you for going at it. If you rewatch it sometime later on..... you'll see what i'm talking about. You had a legit chance of beating him about 4 times. More than a ton of other people can say.

NB Semi Evil Ryu

I also just realized that Brady posted a Bradycast for this MU, a while back. Probably would have been a good idea for me to watch that again before the tourney. But oh well...

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
I also just realized that Brady posted a Bradycast for this MU, a while back. Probably would have been a good idea for me to watch that again before the tourney. But oh well...
props for the SZ costume. You're forever ingrained in the MKU STB main page...... because you and Goldfish took a picture together :) lol Congrats.

NB Semi Evil Ryu

props for the SZ costume. You're forever ingrained in the MKU STB main page...... because you and Goldfish took a picture together :) lol Congrats.
lol, awesome. :p

Though that SZ costume was a bitch.....specifically the ninja hood. Damn thing kept coming off (as you could see in that pic)