What's new

The State of the NRS Scene: Warrior Shrine Off-Season

Temp

Salmon. Otters. The Bringer.
You guys literally keep the common sense of this thread intact. This article is a joke, just like the thread that is attached to it due to all of the complainers in it like @GLoRToR , @Eddy Wang , and @Temp .
You seem... upset. Can you be more specific about which complaint you’re referring to? From me, that is.

Cursa

Counterpoke with armoured DB2 at all times.
Just this past weekend we had CEO, and just because Starfire was played by 4 players in top 8, even though she didn't end up winning the whole thing, people already jumped to that "constructive criticism" that she is "broken and needs nerfs". And even though the guys that have complained about it could've wait until have the chance to check Starfire in the lab, they first complained about her on TYM because it was the easier thing to do and ONLY AFTER THAT they came to the lab and there was kinda of a "taking-it-back" approach regarding her.
I feel personally attacked and offended

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
That's the exact mentality that kills this community's reputation, you claim that by complaining on things that are not really a problem and blow them out of proportions is basically constructive criticism while in actually it is all just a cover-up story. I've never said that there are 0 flaws in NRS games, there is no game on the planet from any genre that is not without flaws, but you and the rest of your kind's true agenda is to keep cry and cry in order to get something out of NRS in terms of patches or simply just because it is a lot easier to do.

Just this past weekend we had CEO, and just because Starfire was played by 4 players in top 8, even though she didn't end up winning the whole thing, people already jumped to that "constructive criticism" that she is "broken and needs nerfs". And even though the guys that have complained about it could've wait until have the chance to check Starfire in the lab, they first complained about her on TYM because it was the easier thing to do and ONLY AFTER THAT they came to the lab and there was kinda of a "taking-it-back" approach regarding her.

@KingHippo and @Slips just this week talked about it on their podcast, on how the NRS community is so toxic, and the truth is that as much as it can come indeed from the pros, it comes 10 times more frequently from the smaller people like you, and by amount of people alone, you're essentially, while being grouped collectively have the same amount of influence as that of a top player.

NRS already improve more and more even without all of your "constructive criticism" and they do try to get better not just by improving themselves but also by improving the community. Why do think IJ2 didn't receive that many patches as MKX? That's not because MKX really needed that many patches, it's because that the guys on TYM cried way too much. Of course MKX could've used SOME patches, but if the TYM guys would've not complaining as much as they did, the quantity of patches would've been much lower. NRS learned not to listen to you too much and that is how we got that pattern of patches for IJ2, so the WHOLE community, not just the pros, but EVERYONE will figure stuff out and ONLY THEN will patch the game.

And if you think I'm the butthurt one, why do you think that @Jynks ,@haketh , @neveradestroyer and @Marinjuana are the ones I've quoted their posts? Because they are ones who actually keep the common sense of this particular thread in check, unlike you.

And if you truly want NRS to improve rather then "going for the easy stuff" this is NOT the way to go.

Also one more thing, back to the King Hippo and Slips and their podcast, Slips that say that the Soul Calibur community also was super toxic back in the days of SC4 and SC5, and not too long ago, Ragnarok said on the SC6 thread that the SC pros have left 8WayRun, the SC scene's counterpart to TYM, for a Facebook far away from them, just like all of the NRS pros have left TYM and almost never come back except maybe for one random post. Coincidence? I don't think so dude.
When you starting mixing up my statements with injustice 2 its what i call it blow it out of proportion.

I don't play injustice 2, i don't have it, i don't care much about it specially because no one in my country plays it, so i do not talk about Injustice 2 on technical level due that very same aspect ever and try to stay off to competitive aspect as much as possible.

You can tag Slips or any other member in here as much as you want, i still trying to understand how the hell this wall of text of CEO top 8 or a bunch of randies wanting to shake off balance in game has anything to do with me or with the fact of me thinking NRS has a lot of room of improvement and game control refinement to maybe animation improvements and an even better training mode has anything to do with "blowing out of proportions, and toxic talk".

You seem to spend too much time in here that you're actually seeing all members just the same and getting caught in all this TYM rollercoaster, basically you don't seem to know what an healthy discussion is and spend all the time attacking other members, you're just an child idiot, you don't know me at all.

Its like talking to a deaf person and trying to give directions to a blindman, completely useless and pointless to talk with this guy lol.

Roy Arkon

I will leave my seal on you!
You seem... upset. Can you be more specific about which complaint you’re referring to? From me, that is.
Oh I'm upset, and disappointed. As for your question, I was refferring to the ones you said while talking to King Hippo:

"Other communities are better at diversity than we are" - MKX and IJ2 top 8's were very diverse since the beginning.

"My only solution is to make the games better out the gate, which is a shitty solution because it means it's now too late for IJ2. Injustice 2, IMO, is the best game NRS has ever made, but it took a long time to get the game to the balance that it's at." - IJ2 was already very well balanced from the get go, both that and MKX were already better in terms of balance then MK9 and IJ1 from the start.

"There are still echoes of Brady beating Forever King in MK9, or Tekken Master holding his ground in MKX grand finals against Fox's Alien. I don't think that thirst for a low-tier upset can ever go away, so we just gotta hope someone eventually makes it happen again. " - If you're seriously still upset about that then I don't know what to tell you, it was like years ago, and it's not like it never happened before.

"Our numbers at Evo aren't great, and it doesn't seem like we're gaining any momentum in growth" - That's the thing for every game that is post year 1, not just NRS games, and MKX had more EVO entrants at then any NRS game.

"I don't care for MKX, and I think that game died a deserving death. I don't wanna waste too much time explaining why, but I'll definitely say I feel differently about IJ2, which I think is genuinely a great game." - If MKX is dead, that means that other games like are also still play in tournaments and/or online are dead as well. MKX is not only not dead, but even if it was, it wouldn't have been a deserving one at all. I still play MKX and I still prefer that over IJ2, because it is the better game overall and I still stand by that.

And then of course all of your complaining about the footsies in IJ2. You can prefer whatever you want, but to taking things a out proportions like that just because it is not to your personal liking it is just wrong.

Roy Arkon

I feel personally attacked and offended
Well I'm sorry if you're feelings hurt, I didn't say that for the sake of attacking you, but I had to say that.

When you starting mixing up my statements with injustice 2 its what i call it blow it out of proportion.

I don't play injustice 2, i don't have it, i don't care much about it specially because no one in my country plays it, so i do not talk about Injustice 2 on technical level due that very same aspect ever and try to stay off to competitive aspect as much as possible.

You can tag Slips or any other member in here as much as you want, i still trying to understand how the hell this wall of text of CEO top 8 or a bunch of randies wanting to shake off balance in game has anything to do with me or with the fact of me thinking NRS has a lot of room of improvement and game control refinement to maybe animation improvements and an even better training mode has anything to do with "blowing out of proportions, and toxic talk".

You seem to spend too much time in here that you're actually seeing all members just the same and getting caught in all this TYM rollercoaster, basically you don't seem to know what an healthy discussion is and spend all the time attacking other members, you're just an child idiot, you don't know me at all.

Its like talking to a deaf person and trying to give directions to a blindman, completely useless and pointless to talk with this guy lol.
I'm not mixing things up, my post wasn't just regarding you, it is about the whole community and overall problem with the community and how it goes to several directions, I said all of that because you responded to me and I had to explain that to you. Not everything needs to be revolved around you in particular.

Also, I'm not gonna say that NRS can't improve, but "NRS has a lot of room of improvement"????? ARE YOU FUCKING SHITTING ME RIGHT NOW??? You're acting like NRS are like 10 years behind everyone else, when it could've have been any further from the truth. They have only improved more and more with each game and now both MKX and IJ2 are fantastic games that have a ton of stuff to offer from all aspects.

It's that people in the community wanna complain because it is a lot easier/more fun/whatever the fuck. Hell you don't even have IJ2, so why you're even spending that much time complaining "giving ideas of improvement"??? And you're saying I'm spending too much time here?

I'm sorry but you're the only idiot here if you're saying stuff like that. Period.

Cursa

Well I'm sorry if you're feelings hurt, I didn't say that for the sake of attacking you, but I had to say that.
Sarcasm.

Besides, you only get better by admitting your mistakes and I don't think people calling something OP outright without testing is unique to NRS community, or even FG's in general.

I'm outta this thread though lol feels like a huge bait thread for some people, even though it's not

Temp

Salmon. Otters. The Bringer.
Oh I'm upset, and disappointed. As for your question, I was refferring to the ones you said while talking to King Hippo:

"Other communities are better at diversity than we are" - MKX and IJ2 top 8's were very diverse since the beginning.

"My only solution is to make the games better out the gate, which is a shitty solution because it means it's now too late for IJ2. Injustice 2, IMO, is the best game NRS has ever made, but it took a long time to get the game to the balance that it's at." - IJ2 was already very well balanced from the get go, both that and MKX were already better in terms of balance then MK9 and IJ1 from the start.

"There are still echoes of Brady beating Forever King in MK9, or Tekken Master holding his ground in MKX grand finals against Fox's Alien. I don't think that thirst for a low-tier upset can ever go away, so we just gotta hope someone eventually makes it happen again. " - If you're seriously still upset about that then I don't know what to tell you, it was like years ago, and it's not like it never happened before.

"Our numbers at Evo aren't great, and it doesn't seem like we're gaining any momentum in growth" - That's the thing for every game that is post year 1, not just NRS games, and MKX had more EVO entrants at then any NRS game.

"I don't care for MKX, and I think that game died a deserving death. I don't wanna waste too much time explaining why, but I'll definitely say I feel differently about IJ2, which I think is genuinely a great game." - If MKX is dead, that means that other games like are also still play in tournaments and/or online are dead as well. MKX is not only not dead, but even if it was, it wouldn't have been a deserving one at all. I still play MKX and I still prefer that over IJ2, because it is the better game overall and I still stand by that.

And then of course all of your complaining about the footsies in IJ2. You can prefer whatever you want, but to taking things a out proportions like that just because it is not to your personal liking it is just wrong.
I'm on an iPad right now since I'm out of town, so I can't do multi-quote thing as easily. I'll just break down the points numerically.

1) I never said there was no top 8 diversity. I did say other communities are a bit better at it, and I stand by that. However, there's been a handful of characters who have been very dominant in previous IJ2 patches. I never said this was a good/bad thing. I just said it hurt viewership.

2) We can't say IJ2 early on was balanced unless we concede pre-patch Aquaman, Black Adam, and Batman were perfectly fine. But they weren't perfectly fine. They were crazy ridiculous. The only reason Deadshot isn't in that list is because his natural predators were incredibly strong. So no, I don't think it was balanced early on. I do think it's balanced now (though I don't know how many times I need to keep saying that).

As for MKX, I agree it was pretty balanced in the final patch. Before that, that game was fucking ridiculous. Alien was absolutely busted. I hate fighting Menat and Cammy, but there is nothing in SFV that compares to pre-patch Alien.

3) Who's upset? Besides yourself, that is? I made it very clear that despite thinking IJ2 was a great game, I found my jam in Tekken & SFV. I find the midrange footsies more layered in those respective games. I spoke about those historical upsets to illustrate a point about what Is needed for more viewership.

It's starting to become more and more clear that in your own frustration, you're projecting this angry persona on other people. You complain about toxicity, but you actively attack people's characters when they disagree with you, and in all your rage, you missed all the times I said IJ2 was a great game. I wouldnt' change anything about it right now.

4) MKX is dead, dude. It wasn't at CEO, Final Round, or the previous Evo. It's dead like the parrot in the Monty Python sketch. I personally think that game is... not good, but if you like it, we can disagree. There is no law that says we have to see eye-to-eye on this.

5) No, no, that's not a complaint. That's a PREFERENCE. I made it very clear after that statement that IJ2 was fine, but I preferred the midrange freedom of other games.

Roy Arkon

Sarcasm.

Besides, you only get better by admitting your mistakes and I don't think people calling something OP outright without testing is unique to NRS community, or even FG's in general.

I'm outta this thread though lol feels like a huge bait thread for some people, even though it's not
Ok I get you about the sarcasm. And yes it is not exclusive to NRS community but it happens on TYM way too often. Just poininting that out.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Okay i'm going to put it this way, maybe you'll shut up.
Also, I'm not gonna say that NRS can't improve, but "NRS has a lot of room of improvement"????? ARE YOU FUCKING SHITTING ME RIGHT NOW??? You're acting like NRS are like 10 years behind everyone else, when it could've have been any further from the truth.
Okay, so did i told you they're 10 years behind everyone else or you just assumed that and "blew it out if proportion?" seems kinda the latter to me.

They have only improved more and more with each game and now both MKX and IJ2 are fantastic games that have a ton of stuff to offer from all aspects.
That's exactly your problem, you seem to think no one here knows this, we know this very well, there are persons in here who views achievements statistically only, others, preffer to have an improved experience with newer interactions if possible.

The goal here its not to shit on NRS, but its to make them understand their next interaction can be even better than the past ones with some slight twitches and improvements, THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT!
There is nothing wrong for wanting better ways to grind in training mode that the current interactions of NRS games offers among other minor things.

Understand no one its saying NRS is shit, no one its saying they're 10 years behind, no one is saying their games sucks, no one said MK9 its better than MKX balance wise, we know Injustice 2 is better balanced than any other game that came before but as you said, you preffer MKX more, others preffer Injustice 2 more, just as i'm pretty sure some people in the community joined due Injustice and not MK.

Now you feeling the need to attack other people or generalizing because of unknown reasons or because someone has a different perspective of NRS that's your problem, if NRS is paying you to be a NRScop or what, that's up to you.
I'm much of a fan of NRS as anyone, and play and played their every interaction outside of Injustice 2 due the lack of oportunity, just as i am part of this community, we know as TYM members and interactors with NRS employers how far they have come, we don't need a Roy Arkon to patronize on what being said or to be said about NRS or generalizing people because he is upset, not sure exactly what was the point of this thread out of bringing some people to comment and sharing their opinions, not going to say i agree with what everyone in here said either, but the most terrible part of this thread wasn't even the OP at all, just saying.

zabugi

The only Real Master
It's both NRS's and the fgc's fault. Mkx is a great game and still is, but since this 'cycle' nrs has for every 2 years, the fgc automatically expect a new game whilst nrs refuse to support their games after the first 2 years. Well, that cycle is probably changing so nrs should keep up with the support like the current ips. Injustice 2 might reach the third year of that happens and the fgc should stop automatically killing the hype by expecting a new game whilst the old one is not complete dead. Sfiv was hype for like 6 years right?
PS: sonicfox's involvement in other games diminishing his game on inj 2 is just an excuse.hes always been good. Others have just levelled up and that's that.

Cursa

It's again, sarcasm for you who don't understand, Donald Trump never said that

SylverRye

Official Loop Kang Main
Having to counterpick or hold 4 different characters in your arsenal isnt balance. Also why are people mad at the scene for wanting a new game every 2 years when nrs basically conditioned us to expect it since 2011? Inj2 is what it is, you either like it or you dont. Ceo pools had 3k viewers and ceo top 8 had 3k viewers and an empty arena.

Mk11 isnt going to be the saving grace, but its what most people want. If they make a game that is actually complex and deep, maybe people will stay? Because this game lacks depth. W.e happens, we need to make a change. This is an ugly look for us. Then again, inj as a whole has never been that popular.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
Having to counterpick or hold 4 different characters in your arsenal isnt balance. Also why are people mad at the scene for wanting a new game every 2 years when nrs basically conditioned us to expect it since 2011? Inj2 is what it is, you either like it or you dont. Ceo pools had 3k viewers and ceo top 8 had 3k viewers and an empty arena.

Mk11 isnt going to be the saving grace, but its what most people want. If they make a game that is actually complex and deep, maybe people will stay? Because this game lacks depth. W.e happens, we need to make a change. This is an ugly look for us. Then again, inj as a whole has never been that popular.
Thats the damn truth! But i guess what ppl are saying is that its the MOST balance out of the NRS games since MK9. I mean, i haven't been around during those times, but I can see that MK9 seems to be the most popular.

I believe if NRS makes MK11 with some elements from 9, then it will be the best MK to date. Inj is not cutting it to keep interest of the scene for it to be active....as you can see.... Its more of the devs than the ppl to keep the scene thriving because how can you keep people to be active in the scene where there is hardly no demand for the game to be played or even watch?

Roy Arkon

I'm on an iPad right now since I'm out of town, so I can't do multi-quote thing as easily. I'll just break down the points numerically.

1) I never said there was no top 8 diversity. I did say other communities are a bit better at it, and I stand by that. However, there's been a handful of characters who have been very dominant in previous IJ2 patches. I never said this was a good/bad thing. I just said it hurt viewership.

2) We can't say IJ2 early on was balanced unless we concede pre-patch Aquaman, Black Adam, and Batman were perfectly fine. But they weren't perfectly fine. They were crazy ridiculous. The only reason Deadshot isn't in that list is because his natural predators were incredibly strong. So no, I don't think it was balanced early on. I do think it's balanced now (though I don't know how many times I need to keep saying that).

As for MKX, I agree it was pretty balanced in the final patch. Before that, that game was fucking ridiculous. Alien was absolutely busted. I hate fighting Menat and Cammy, but there is nothing in SFV that compares to pre-patch Alien.

3) Who's upset? Besides yourself, that is? I made it very clear that despite thinking IJ2 was a great game, I found my jam in Tekken & SFV. I find the midrange footsies more layered in those respective games. I spoke about those historical upsets to illustrate a point about what Is needed for more viewership.

It's starting to become more and more clear that in your own frustration, you're projecting this angry persona on other people. You complain about toxicity, but you actively attack people's characters when they disagree with you, and in all your rage, you missed all the times I said IJ2 was a great game. I wouldnt' change anything about it right now.

4) MKX is dead, dude. It wasn't at CEO, Final Round, or the previous Evo. It's dead like the parrot in the Monty Python sketch. I personally think that game is... not good, but if you like it, we can disagree. There is no law that says we have to see eye-to-eye on this.

5) No, no, that's not a complaint. That's a PREFERENCE. I made it very clear after that statement that IJ2 was fine, but I preferred the midrange freedom of other games.
Okay i'm going to put it this way, maybe you'll shut up.
Okay, so did i told you they're 10 years behind everyone else or you just assumed that and "blew it out if proportion?" seems kinda the latter to me.

That's exactly your problem, you seem to think no one here knows this, we know this very well, there are persons in here who views achievements statistically only, others, preffer to have an improved experience with newer interactions if possible.

The goal here its not to shit on NRS, but its to make them understand their next interaction can be even better than the past ones with some slight twitches and improvements, THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT!
There is nothing wrong for wanting better ways to grind in training mode that the current interactions of NRS games offers among other minor things.

Understand no one its saying NRS is shit, no one its saying they're 10 years behind, no one is saying their games sucks, no one said MK9 its better than MKX balance wise, we know Injustice 2 is better balanced than any other game that came before but as you said, you preffer MKX more, others preffer Injustice 2 more, just as i'm pretty sure some people in the community joined due Injustice and not MK.

Now you feeling the need to attack other people or generalizing because of unknown reasons or because someone has a different perspective of NRS that's your problem, if NRS is paying you to be a NRScop or what, that's up to you.
I'm much of a fan of NRS as anyone, and play and played their every interaction outside of Injustice 2 due the lack of oportunity, just as i am part of this community, we know as TYM members and interactors with NRS employers how far they have come, we don't need a Roy Arkon to patronize on what being said or to be said about NRS or generalizing people because he is upset, not sure exactly what was the point of this thread out of bringing some people to comment and sharing their opinions, not going to say i agree with what everyone in here said either, but the most terrible part of this thread wasn't even the OP at all, just saying.
I was going to reply you both with a long post of my own, but I think this will be enough to do the trick:

If you think that by you denying that my comment wasn't just towards you two but other people on the thread and the bunch of others on TYM in general, as well denying the behavior of a bunch of others here in addition to you which only increases this issue, talking with a refined tone in this particular thread and/or pointing my more angry tone in this particular thread after I myself had showed countless times that I'm one of the more refined toned people here (no disrespect to anyone here of course) and denying that content and context of your words and others is the real problem that indeed show that you guys the toxic ones, and on top of that giving misinformation regarding the current state of NRS tournies in comparison to others (NRS games are probably more diverse then any other game right now in tournies, and even the beginning both MKX and IJ2 were balanced for launched titles at the time) is gonna make you the good guys here, then I'm really disappointed you, as you only make people lose hope in this site.

That will be my last comment to both of you.

It's both NRS's and the fgc's fault. Mkx is a great game and still is, but since this 'cycle' nrs has for every 2 years, the fgc automatically expect a new game whilst nrs refuse to support their games after the first 2 years. Well, that cycle is probably changing so nrs should keep up with the support like the current ips. Injustice 2 might reach the third year of that happens and the fgc should stop automatically killing the hype by expecting a new game whilst the old one is not complete dead. Sfiv was hype for like 6 years right?
PS: sonicfox's involvement in other games diminishing his game on inj 2 is just an excuse.hes always been good. Others have just levelled up and that's that.
Well technically it is WB that don't allow NRS to give their games more then 2 years of support, but yes you're right regarding the perception than other communities have because of this that doesn't help that much. But the thing is, they really shouldn't be that perception to begin with, because while NRS/WB so far have released a game every 2 years, the gap between each franchise has been a gap of 4 years, and just like in other communities, there are players in our community who play one of the games, while they barely touch the other one if at all, it's all a matter of preference. So if you're one of those players, having a game every 4 years is perfectly fine. So having that perception is just childish and disrespectful.

You're right regarding NRS/WB having a new game every two years, added to the reasons I've mentioned above. However, I do wanna know how exactly IJ2 doesn't have any depth? I mean, NRS games are indeed a lot more beginner/casual friendly then other games, that is 110% true, but it's not like that there is 0 stuff to discover in them and that is true to IJ2 as well, and it's not like there no other games that can easily be claimed to have no depth (look at DBFZ). Also, why having a roster of 4 chars in your arsenal isn't balance? Because you can't be a character loyalist as much as you want? I mean yes MKX is indeed a more character loyalist based game then IJ2, but having a counter-pick heavy game isn't something new in the genre, and last time I've checked, Deoxys took Texas Shodown with Blue Bettle alone, and Semij took CEO with Catwoman alone, so you can still be a character loyalist in this game despite this.

Last edited:

Skedar70

Noob
I really don't get what all this discussion is about. What's soo wrong about inj 2? People make general statements saying that it lacks dept? What does that mean? Game has a lot of debt from what I see. Injustice is not a pick a counter and win game like some people are claiming. I think its a great game.

If there is any issue with NRS games its the community. Most of the community focuses on hating on the game instead of praising it for all the things they do better than the other fighting games. Its incredibly toxic.

SFV (The most popular fighting game) has poor reviews compared to inj 2 yet is has more entrants at tournaments. The melee community is another example community.

People in the NRS community start losing in the game and they begin to hate on the game. Examples of this are Tom brady, perfect legend and most recently sonic fox.

I loved MKX and I also love Inj 2. I think they are great games sometimes I think its a little unbalanced but they usually fix it or I later figure out how to handle it.

I suggest people take a good look at the games and focus on seeing the good in them.

Roy Arkon

I really don't get what all this discussion is about. What's soo wrong about inj 2? People make general statements saying that it lacks dept? What does that mean? Game has a lot of debt from what I see. Injustice is not a pick a counter and win game like some people are claiming. I think its a great game.

If there is any issue with NRS games its the community. Most of the community focuses on hating on the game instead of praising it for all the things they do better than the other fighting games. Its incredibly toxic.

SFV (The most popular fighting game) has poor reviews compared to inj 2 yet is has more entrants at tournaments. The melee community is another example community.

People in the NRS community start losing in the game and they begin to hate on the game. Examples of this are Tom brady, perfect legend and most recently sonic fox.

I loved MKX and I also love Inj 2. I think they are great games sometimes I think its a little unbalanced but they usually fix it or I later figure out how to handle it.

I suggest people take a good look at the games and focus on seeing the good in them.
Very true.

Last edited:

Cursa

Tbh I think people just have pocket in IJ2 because picking up a pcoket Starfire/Fate/Whatever is just a really easy option rather than having to deal with 6-4's.

I don't think anyone is saying you HAVE to have a variety of characters under your belt to be able to do decently, it's just that it's the easiest option because there are really easy execution pocket characters that are also really effective at covering bad MU's, if that made sense.

Edit - This is really confusing to explain and my brain is toast right now so best of luck figuring out what I meant every1

Edit 2 - 4 is a bit of an overreaction, most players I see just have a main then an off-pick zoner/counterzoner

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Hopefully a lesson has been learned. Balanced doesn't always mean fun. I don't mean that players should yearn for an absolutely broken mess of a game to have fun, however. Broken games can be just as, if not more unfun than a balanced game.

I just hope the next NRS game is more balanced than Injustice 2 but with less boring shit to watch/take part in.
Great point I mean look at MVC2, popular game but broken af with infinites, corner bs etc. I don't believe there's one fighting game that's honestly "perfectly balanced" anyway, I think most are not 100% perfectly balanced or close but not perfect. I think there are a lot of people out there who just have some fun sometimes and not always worry about the technical shit.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
Great point I mean look at MVC2, popular game but broken af with infinites, corner bs etc. I don't believe there's one fighting game that's honestly "perfectly balanced" anyway, I think most are not 100% perfectly balanced or close but not perfect. I think there are a lot of people out there who just have some fun sometimes and not always worry about the technical shit.
Very good example. Games that we've grown to love and sometimes still play till this day never had balance patches or fixes. We just enjoyed what was given. Thats something this new generation of gamers should learn. Appreciate what you have and if you don't like it, don't bitch about it. Just move on to something else and support that. Its that simple.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
I think balance is one of the most miss used words in the FGC.. and in gaming in general. Balance is NOT what you want in a game... things do not need to be balanced to e good. Balance is actually a completely unnatural state, unless your talking about physics. There is NO balance in any sport or game.. unless the game is identical for both players. Like Chess is balanced, for example, but your favourite football code is not balanced.

Balance is not something that the devs should be striving for. It would make the game horribly boring.