What's new

The State of the NRS Scene: Warrior Shrine Off-Season

Cursa

Counterpoke with armoured DB2 at all times.
We (You) should make another thread like this but instead of the NRS scene it's the TYM scene

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Very good example. Games that we've grown to love and sometimes still play till this day never had balance patches or fixes. We just enjoyed what was given. Thats something this new generation of gamers should learn. Appreciate what you have and if you don't like it, don't bitch about it. Just move on to something else and support that. Its that simple.
Thanks, exactly I think there's two kinds of players(besides hardcore and casual) the people who break down everything technical and not have as much fun due to such, and the player who just has fun accepts it for being just that a game and can accept that. Pretty much, if it bugs someone just drop it and try something else.

I think balance is one of the most miss used words in the FGC.. and in gaming in general. Balance is NOT what you want in a game... things do not need to be balanced to e good. Balance is actually a completely unnatural state, unless your talking about physics. There is NO balance in any sport or game.. unless the game is identical for both players. Like Chess is balanced, for example, but your favourite football code is not balanced.

Balance is not something that the devs should be striving for. It would make the game horribly boring.
Yeah I mean years ago I used to think "balance is everything" the way people would attack MK, but then I realized it's way overrated. If every FG was perfectly balanced it would be boring af, no interesting match ups. Like with everything in the world competitive regardless of the game or sport, you have your bad teams, mediocre teams and very good teams. If everyone was the same level it wouldn't be that interesting, of course at the same time you don't want one character or player just always winning either but this rarely happens anyway. Yeah that's a great example with Chess though some may argue intelligence makes that game unique and I won't say necessarily unbalanced but perhaps a mismatch depending on the kinds of players but that's the players not the game itself. I agree.

Considering people’s feelings on I2 I hope going in and attacking is more viable in the next one.

Sent from my iPhone using Test Your Might

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I'm all for attacking but also for more defensive options then MK X offered.

Last edited:

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Considering people’s feelings on I2 I hope going in and attacking is more viable in the next one.

Sent from my iPhone using Test Your Might
Fun fact, Injustice has always been more about about zoning while MK has been more about rushdown, so in MK its always easier to going in, while in Injustice its harder doesn't mean that rushdown doesn't exists in the game though.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
My thing is, you don't have to like any of the games.. But stop trying so hard to rain on the parade of the people who are enjoying them and continue to play them. INJ2 has plenty of entrants at majors, and a lot of people are still enjoying the game and working to get better. So if you're not a fan, just calm down, support your community and cheer the people on who are still spending their money to go compete because they enjoy playing.

In the end, what we build as a community over time will outlast any one game. So people need to start thinking long-term and be willing to keep a positive outlook even if a title isn't their cup of tea. If we maintain the kind of atmosphere that encourages new people to join and be motivated to play, we'll reap the benefits and have something to pass on to those who come after us.

Roy Arkon

I will leave my seal on you!
My thing is, you don't have to like any of the games.. But stop trying so hard to rain on the parade of the people who are enjoying them and continue to play them. INJ2 has plenty of entrants at majors, and a lot of people are still enjoying the game and working to get better. So if you're not a fan, just calm down, support your community and cheer the people on who are still spending their money to go compete because they enjoy playing.

In the end, what we build as a community over time will outlast any one game. So people need to start thinking long-term and be willing to keep a positive outlook even if a title isn't their cup of tea. If we maintain the kind of atmosphere that encourages new people to join and be motivated to play, we'll reap the benefits and have something to pass on to those who come after us.
Totally right on that one dude, that's the spirit.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
CrimsonShoadow has nailed it.. I spoke about this same issue in another thread recently. When it comes down to it.. TYM is a FanSite for fans to chat about something that they enjoy.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Very good example. Games that we've grown to love and sometimes still play till this day never had balance patches or fixes. We just enjoyed what was given. Thats something this new generation of gamers should learn. Appreciate what you have and if you don't like it, don't bitch about it. Just move on to something else and support that. Its that simple.
I disagree with the part where you equate the following, very different things:
1. Older games with newer games. Design improves in many ways and what was considered cutting edge back then is now outdated with better methods in existence.
2. Game development without and with patches. It's an entirely different beast to create something you know you will not be able to update. I do agree that older games had better initial quality for that very reason and I do dislike some of the current design ethics but what all those are should be a discussion for another time since it would derail my point here.
3. Enjoying an unsupported game vs wanting a supported game to improve vs having agendas to whine and have a currently supported game be changed in a direction beneficial to those running the agenda.
It's not even three different things, it's a dozen different things going on in there. First of all, enjoying an unsupported game and enjoying "what was given" aren't necessarily the same deal. "Wish this could be patched" has been a mantra about many things in many older games and forums of early gaming were ablaze with, I shit you not, entire articles and essays of what and why should be patched and even how, often down to code that was unearthed via able programmers playing the game. This does not stand as mutually exclusive with still enjoying the game.
So while I agree with the premise that people need to whine less and stfu more, this whole ordeal is not at all simple.
Sure enough, the fact that devs listen to players to some extent (less and less, now that live diagnostics and statistics are literally on the rise in many modern games) did breed a generation that runs the above agendas, but their attitude is not necessarily a product of just one thing.

Whiners whine. Haters hate.
It's just how it is and trust me, even nearly flawless products get "blown up" online by perfectionists and haters just because #firstworldproblems is no longer enough to shut them up.

Jango

Noob
Late to the party here but like I've said on our podcasts before I think both MKX and I2 are super solid games and it's a shame NRS/WB has conditioned people to de-invest with their games automatically after a year. Both games still had legs and unexplored tech. With tourneys like Texas Showdown and Viennality I2 is more fun to watch than ever, but for some reason people confuse their own conditioning and their ADD with the game's quality. "I'm not feeling it so the game must be bad" type shit. Hell yeah I2's got problems, but nothing any worse than other games like SFV.

I get that this is the internet and hyperbole is the coolest shit, but people need to chill out. I2 doesn't suck. MKX doesn't suck. If you don't feel like playing them anymore that's cool, but a lot of people do and those people should be your people. Be cool and hang tight.

Roy Arkon

I will leave my seal on you!
Late to the party here but like I've said on our podcasts before I think both MKX and I2 are super solid games and it's a shame NRS/WB has conditioned people to de-invest with their games automatically after a year. Both games still had legs and unexplored tech. With tourneys like Texas Showdown and Viennality I2 is more fun to watch than ever, but for some reason people confuse their own conditioning and their ADD with the game's quality. "I'm not feeling it so the game must be bad" type shit. Hell yeah I2's got problems, but nothing any worse than other games like SFV.

I get that this is the internet and hyperbole is the coolest shit, but people need to chill out. I2 doesn't suck. MKX doesn't suck. If you don't feel like playing them anymore that's cool, but a lot of people do and those people should be your people. Be cool and hang tight.
Very true, it is a shame that some players are mixing their own conditiing that they got just because how WB used to run things for NRS (at least until now, maybe now it will change) with the success of NRS games. People need to appriciate and respect both the effort that NRS have done, the games that are so amazing to play and the players who love to play them, and stop with the hyperbole bullshit, no matter how cool, easy or fun it is to do.

Rizz091

Noob
Injustice 2 is an excellent game and prob the best one they've released to date. I can and will keep playing. Screw the haters, and those with short attention spans that need something new and shiny every other year to then complain about once it's released.

Most fighters are played for years and people are happy with that. Why not nrs games?