What's new

The Spectre

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
So I played KL with only Noob, the best to my abilities.

After surverying other characters, and actually using this dude in game, here are my suggestions on patch (baring everyone stays close to the same as they currently are).

1. Air tele slam is no longer a slot move and just part of his kit.
  2. Sickle toss and sickle port are combined into one move.
  3. Shadow tackle doesn't go away, and it has a normal recovery
  4. Shadow tackle KB requires 2 shadow moves to land before able to be used
  5. b3 KB works either on a) counter/punish or b) combo of 5 or more
  6. f1 is a new one hit OH move. It causes a hard KD.
Just my thoughts.

Dante

Noob
  1. reasonable
  2. more power to Sabbath only even though not needed at all
  3. I'm OK with the going away part but being - 15 even fullscreen is silly
  4. kb would be fine even on 6 shadows
  5. I'd have it kb from max range
  6. God no. Either give us a safe mid confirmable string or a + on block mid (like making our 3 a mid)
Dmg nerfs are also in order

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
  1. reasonable
  2. more power to Sabbath only even though not needed at all
  3. I'm OK with the going away part but being - 15 even fullscreen is silly
  4. kb would be fine even on 6 shadows
  5. I'd have it kb from max range
  6. God no. Either give us a safe mid confirmable string or a + on block mid (like making our 3 a mid)
Dmg nerfs are also in order
I really can't take much said here seriously when you think the shadow going away and not trading is ok.

Dante

Noob
Why in the blue hell would you ever want to trade with tackle instead of bf1? Is there any point at all to having two moves that do the same thing? Tackle is used to end combos or throw out from midscreen and that's enough

The problem with tackle is hurtbox issues like losing to sub slide.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Why in the blue hell would you ever want to trade with tackle instead of bf1? Is there any point at all to having two moves that do the same thing? Tackle is used to end combos or throw out from midscreen and that's enough

The problem with tackle is hurtbox issues like losing to sub slide.
so you didn't have to have that projectile all the time on your slots.

and i would always want tackle because its a mid and has a HUGE hitbox over the ghostball.

Alot of Noobs moveset is overlapping as is. And you don't end in shadow tackle anyway... all of his bnbs should end in ghostball reset unless you can kill with teleslam? The only bnb i can think of that should end in tackle is f221 because it does more than upknee.

am i missing something here at all?

Dante

Noob
There are alot of situations where dmg+oki is better than the +5 restand. Ex. Opp has no meter or Opp has fb. Then there's also corner where the followup can be riskier than midscreen restand.
Let's analyse your options after restand.
Dash 212/throw both lose to d2 kb
Dash b11+3 punishable in corner for full combo.
For tackle the same options lose to u3 but you don't die for it and since you don't have to dash they can't react and do u3 in the same way they can do d2. Ofc when they have no meter tackle is absolutely superior.
Note that tele is better than tackle as an ender but can't connect it without b11+3

But I have to agree that if we didn't have bf1 tackle shouldn't go away on hit.

TheGlow

Retired Noob
I think sickle port needs to be looked at because I have jumped up before the opponent throws a projectile, throw the sickle and it hits the ground but I get clipped in the toe because I'm still in the air as well. I get caught out all the time.
To a similar extent I know they will projectile so I regular d,u teleport and get clipped in the legs on the way up. I don't think Scorpion ever has to deal with this type of issue.

Saltea Mike

ROG Mike
I think sickle port needs to be looked at because I have jumped up before the opponent throws a projectile, throw the sickle and it hits the ground but I get clipped in the toe because I'm still in the air as well. I get caught out all the time.
Happens way too often. I'd say make noob's hurtbox "disappear" the moment sickle is being thrown OR just have the hurtbox be a little higher.

To a similar extent I know they will projectile so I regular d,u teleport and get clipped in the legs on the way up. I don't think Scorpion ever has to deal with this type of issue.
Scorpion's part is correct - however scorpion works in a different way. I think comparing the two while making this point is wrong. I'd say make the telly slam have little less start up frames... let's say like 5 less frames.

Zer0_h0ur

XBL tag: South of Zero
We should have some sort of safe/stagger string and plus frames besides the ghost ball restand.
A decent level defensive player is not gonna get opened up by noob very often, and won't be throwing punishable shit out there to let noob nail bnbs.

Dante

Noob
But ppl claim Noob can open up opponents just as easy as other characters :O

I suggested that our 3 becomes a mid. Or the very obvious change of making b11+3 safe.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
So I played KL with only Noob, the best to my abilities.

After surverying other characters, and actually using this dude in game, here are my suggestions on patch (baring everyone stays close to the same as they currently are).

1. Air tele slam is no longer a slot move and just part of his kit.
  2. Sickle toss and sickle port are combined into one move.
  3. Shadow tackle doesn't go away, and it has a normal recovery
  4. Shadow tackle KB requires 2 shadow moves to land before able to be used
  5. b3 KB works either on a) counter/punish or b) combo of 5 or more
  6. f1 is a new one hit OH move. It causes a hard KD.
Just my thoughts.
  1. Agreed.
  2. I have mixed feeling about sickle toss and port. Imo it is more of a gimmicky move than a solution to some of his problems.
  3. Yes plz.
  4. 2 would be OP for the dmg it does. 5 is fine.
  5. Agreed.
  6. No. If we are talking about OHs i would make his hop 2 have better range. That would solve his "mix-up" issues.
But ppl claim Noob can open up opponents just as easy as other characters :O

I suggested that our 3 becomes a mid. Or the very obvious change of making b11+3 safe.
The only thing Noob can open up atm is a can of rotten testicles.

I would make his b1,1+3 safe on block if it lead to around 25% dmg in both variations. That this string is godlike against:

Down poke mashers.
D2 mashers.
Has no hurtbox at all.
Cannot be baited because of the extension (1+3).

Plus the fact its a godlike punisher up close.

As it is right now, if they make b1, 1+3 safe on block and keep Noob's dmg output as it is, he will be braindead af. We dont want that now do we?

Edit: Just saw you wrote dmg nerfs.