What's new

The Shang Tsung We Need

RoninLoganX

The Masterless Sword
Part of me feels like it's gonna happen.

Ed Boon said there was another celebrity face that we'd recognize and I really hope it's him.
I really hope so. Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa's official Twitter has been liking and responding to MK11 tweets recently, which makes me think this more of a possibility than other rumors.

Update: OOH! Just noticed he actually liked and retweeted this fanart.

stokedAF

casual kahnage
Definitely. Honestly, even if it were as premium skins or whatever, I'd love movie skins for all the characters that appeared in it. And, if they could get back the actors to do the voices too, that would be amazing.
Agreed. I was hyped to see old man shang in unreal engine 4 but I'd be more hyped if they announced this.

RoninLoganX

The Masterless Sword
Boon hinted at this actually happening and in the Behind The Scenes video you see a face model that looks a bit like him, so I'll eat my left foot if it doesn't actually happen. He should've just played Shang Tsung from his role in the movie on, I can't think of Shangers without thinking of Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa.
Definitely. He elevated what could have been an Enter the Dragon Knock-Off villain role into something iconic.

Gamer68

Fujin!
I think it's fairly likely we will get Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa as Shang considering he keeps retweeting MK11 things, the fact Ed mentioned something about a face that will surprise fans, etc.

If it happens I'll honestly consider becoming a Shang Tsung main, especially if we also get the jacket (or one very similar to the one) he wears in the movie.

Also if it happens I just want to say that I called this on January 18th before I saw anyone else talk about it so I'm going to have to pat myself on the back or something.

pure.Wasted

'ello baby, did you miss me?
For me, I think I'd be just as excited for Linden Ashby as Johnny Cage. Not a big name, but he was perfect for Johnny, in my opinion.
He doesn't get enough credit. Until MK9 came out, Linden Ashby was Johnny Cage. If you liked Johnny, that's what you were going off of, because there certainly wasn't anything going on in the games.

Kinda funny I always thought he WAS Shang Tsung. Anytime I thought of the character, Cary's portrayal of him is the face that came to mind. He did a damn good job and I would support him being Shang in the future.

And yes, his jacket was pretty badass