What's new

THE SALTY SPITOON - OFFICIAL CLAN THREAD

Deoxys243

Leader of The Salty Spitoon
Introduction

Welcome to the clan thread for the Salty Spitoon. The Salty Spitoon is an online clan for Injustice 2 that was created by me and my long-time training partner and friend, Sim. We created this clan because we have a strong passion for competing in NRS fighting games, and know of many people that are grinding like us to become the best player they can be.

Goal

The goal of this clan is to recruit up-and-coming players who are driven to improve themselves every day, and have the potential to compete with the best in the world. It can be difficult to find people who want to play you, so our goal is to make this a very accessible way for good players to link with each other, share knowledge, and train with each other.

Roster

TSS_Deoxys (Owner)

TSS_Sim (Co-Owner)

TSS_Kandarr (Member)

TSS_KingWashed (Member)

TSS_KingGambler (Member)

TSS_Tweedy (Member)

TSS_Ghoul (Member & Designer)

TSS_Cheeko (Member)

TSS_Ominous (Member)

TSS_Crusty (Member)

TSS_Rancid (Member)

TSS_Reckless (Member)

TSS_Buffalo (Member)

TSS_HendaKid (Member)

TSS_ForeverElite (Member)

TSS_DeAdLyxReBeL (Member)

Requirements

• Must create a TSS PSN
  • PSN & access to PS Plus
  • Twitter
  • Willing to contribute to the improvement of the clan
Tryouts

If you are interested in joining the Salty Spitoon, you can send me a message on twitter (@Deoxys_FGC), or you can message me on PSN (Deoxys243). I will play you in a FT3 set (tournament rules), and you will not be evaluated on the score of the set, but your ability to adapt, matchup knowledge, fundamentals, etc. Based on how you perform, I will let you know where we will go from there. Being able to demonstrate your personality, passion, and commitment to the clan is also essential to ensure the success and growth for yourself and for the clan.

Clan Wars

Record: 3-1

W The Salty Spitoon vs. Myztery L
W The Salty Spitoon vs. Luminary L
L The Salty Spitoon vs. Kinetic W

W The Salty Spitoon vs. Myztery L

Thank you for your interest in the Salty Spitoon! Please feel free to leave a comment or DM me if there are any questions you have about this. Suggestions and ideas are also appreciated! :)

Last edited:

Cashual

PSN: Cansuela
If I wasn't trying to make my clan work, I would so love to join you.

"Welcome to the Salty Spitoon, how tough are ya?"
"How tough am I? I MAINED KANO."
"Yeah, so?"
"IN MK9."
"...right this way, sorry to keep you waiting."
Do you think you're at the level of the guys in the clan? I thought it sounded cool....then I saw who all was involved and realized there's no way lol. Some sharks in there.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I AM MADE OF EVERYONE.
Premium Supporter
Do you think you're at the level of the guys in the clan? I thought it sounded cool....then I saw who all was involved and realized there's no way lol. Some sharks in there.
Are you literally asking me if I think I'm tough enough to get into the Salty Spitoon?
(omg i wish I put that on my bucket list so i could cross it off now)

Yes, for the most part. In a situation of "okay, Angel, you need to play with your fucking soul on fire" and be impressive enough to at least be worth consideration? Yes. My record sucks because most of the time I'd rather play to learn than play to win, because i have nothing to gain by the stress of going into Serious Mode unless it's a tournament or a situation like this where i would have all the reason in the universe to fight like my life depends on it. Plus, all the netcode in the world won't ever make online as much of a "you better step your game up immediately and wreck EVERYBODY" mode as being seat to seat with someone in a tourney or an offline fight will to me. A clan like this needs soldiers that can be stronger for it than I.

Plus, I gotta focus on my clan plan, doe. Can't get distracted, no matter how much I'd like to prove myself tough enough to get in.

And even if I wasn't, I'd be an idiot not to tell myself, I am because how else does one make progress?

Cashual

PSN: Cansuela
Are you literally asking me if I think I'm tough enough to get into the Salty Spitoon?
(omg i wish I put that on my bucket list so i could cross it off now)

Yes, for the most part. In a situation of "okay, Angel, you need to play with your fucking soul on fire" and be impressive enough to at least be worth consideration? Yes. My record sucks because most of the time I'd rather play to learn than play to win, because i have nothing to gain by the stress of going into Serious Mode unless it's a tournament or a situation like this where i would have all the reason in the universe to fight like my life depends on it. Plus, all the netcode in the world won't ever make online as much of a "you better step your game up immediately and wreck EVERYBODY" mode as being seat to seat with someone in a tourney or an offline fight will to me. A clan like this needs soldiers that can be stronger for it than I.

Plus, I gotta focus on my clan plan, doe. Can't get distracted, no matter how much I'd like to prove myself tough enough to get in.

And even if I wasn't, I'd be an idiot not to tell myself, I am because how else does one make progress?
I mean that's cool and I respect the warrior spirit and goonies never die attitude but I think a big part of making progress is being honest with where you're at (the proverbial you not you you) and taking honest stock of your ability and skill.

Like I don't think I'm good enough to be in the clan but I don't think that means I'm not progressing or not invested in progressing.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I AM MADE OF EVERYONE.
Premium Supporter
I mean that's cool and I respect the warrior spirit and goonies never die attitude but I think a big part of making progress is being honest with where you're at (the proverbial you not you you) and taking honest stock of your ability and skill.

Like I don't think I'm good enough to be in the clan but I don't think that means I'm not progressing or not invested in progressing.
I agree, 100%. I'm not great by any sense of the imagination, but I feel like I hold myself together a lot better when I'm in that sort of vicegrip situation of "okay, I can't just take a beating and keep on eating here, I have to get this right." The proper combination of agonizing pressure and the will to successfully succeed makes me slightly less free that I'd usually be. Otherwise I just do the drunken boxing stance and swing tentacles and bullets until I get some wins.

wsj515

This is my billionth life cycle.
There's literally a sponsor called "STD". It all comes down to the maturity of the person.

I think it's fine.
Doesn't bother me, but imo there's a difference between being sponsored by STD and being a member of the SS. I imagine a clan called the Kool Kombat Kids wouldn't fly too well.