What's new

The Running Klone Does Not Function Properly (Worst Whiffing Issue in NRS History)

M2Dave

Zoning Master
B1 1+3 being situationally unsafe is fine, it is meant to be a get off me move on a call out and the other mid mashing characters just need to be normalized. The main issue with him is his lackluster space control and inability to get damage off whiff punishing. The klones need to be faster and hit people so they can control space actually well in neutral and then B3 KB should be changed to punish requirement so he gets a clean whiff punish into damage to cash out once per game
I am genuinely not requesting any buffs, but b+1,1+3 being unsafe is insuffiecient in the current tournament meta when, as I mentioned in my previous post, the top tier characters have fast, safe, and hit-confirmable mid attacks. Hypothetical normalizations do not interest me because the game plays the way it plays at the moment. I do agree that Noob's space control is severely lacking for an advertised "premier zoning character", which is a point that I have been preaching since the game's release.

I think Shang Tsung plays how Noob should have played so I am content. Besides, I have no hope or expectations for Noob.

JSF

Waiting for Injustice 3
game released at 75% complete and this is just another example of that lol

seanpon

Noob
I am genuinely not requesting any buffs, but b+1,1+3 being unsafe is insuffiecient in the current tournament meta when, as I mentioned in my previous post, the top tier characters have fast, safe, and hit-confirmable mid attacks. Hypothetical normalizations do not interest me because the game plays the way it plays at the moment. I do agree that Noob's space control is severely lacking for an advertised "premier zoning character", which is a point that I have been preaching since the game's release.

I think Shang Tsung plays how Noob should have played so I am content. Besides, I have no hope or expectations for Noob.
But he does have pretty good spaace control, and he whif punishes for monstrous damage whenever he touches you. I understand why b +1, 1+3 is situationally unsafe, not all characters can punish it, and those who can usually not for a full combo. But when that 9 frame mid does land for noob his damage output is ridiculous, that sounds pretty fair actually. But clone is definitely trash, the move needs more priority

Wetdoba

All too easy...

In the current meta yes but hypothetical changes to match the current meta dont matter either because if they were to change at all it would be at the same time the current top tiers get normalized so if there are any hypotheticals to consider its the changes that would take place next patch and those characters are almost guaranteed to not stay the way they are now

M2Dave

Zoning Master
But he does have pretty good spaace control, and he whif punishes for monstrous damage whenever he touches you. I understand why b +1, 1+3 is situationally unsafe, not all characters can punish it, and those who can usually not for a full combo. But when that 9 frame mid does land for noob his damage output is ridiculous, that sounds pretty fair actually. But clone is definitely trash, the move needs more priority
Noob's space control is hardly "pretty good". I can easily think of five or more characters who have far superior space control options (i.e., Cetrion, Erron Black, Scorpion, Shang Tsung, and Sonya to name a handful).

You accurately describe b+1,1+3's fairness and balance. The top tier characters have their version of b+1,1+3 that is safe and can be staggered on block albeit the damage output is less. Ultimately, what they have is better than what Noob has. I would sacrifice 5%+ of damage on b+1,1+3 in order to be safe on block every time. I assume as would all rational Noob players.

In the current meta yes but hypothetical changes to match the current meta dont matter either because if they were to change at all it would be at the same time the current top tiers get normalized so if there are any hypotheticals to consider its the changes that would take place next patch and those characters are almost guaranteed to not stay the way they are now
I agree, but unless you work for NRS, you have no idea to what extent the top tier characters will change. Noob is therefore held to the standards of the current meta, not some hypothetical one that is yet to be determined.

DeftMonk

Noob
Literally had no idea this existed. Thanks for posting, I have always tried to trade with a projectile...had no idea this was a thing.

I knew I wasn't crazy when i noticed this. Maybe we're looking at this from the wrong perspective. Noob has his ball projectile so why give him another. It's purpose might be to panic your opponent into giving you an opening to attack. I might be overthinking this but imho if true it serves it's purpose well. That said i'm now removing all augments related to tackle.