What's new

The Running Klone Does Not Function Properly (Worst Whiffing Issue in NRS History)

Wetdoba

All too easy...

The video speaks for itself. The move is suppose to occupy a "ton of space" due to it being slow and not staying on hit disallowing consistent trades, so you'd think that he would at least be able to call out the advancing special moves in the game when they are just thrown out in neutral but that is not the case. This needs to be fixed in the next patch as the klone being over 20 frames of start up makes all of these moves reactable punishes in neutral against a character that was advertised as a "premier zoners" signature projectile.

Just look at that shoulder

Attachments

Wetdoba

All too easy...
he's supposed to have a zoning variation yep

but his best one currently is def. not a zoner :)

i'm just giving you shit bro. I appreciate the good vid. I wish on every thing you paused where they "collide". That would be even more epic.
I attached one screen just for Shao showing that it cant even hit the biggest character in the game so theres that

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
Dark Sabbath isn't a zoner, Seeing Double is.

Yeah I agree that's the most egregious looking whiffing issue in the game right now. I think they might not have wanted it to have as much priority as the animation would lead to you believe, but you can tell how weak it is by how little faith Noob players have in the move in neutral.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Someone taught me long ago that if you can't think of anything wise or kind to say, just say "banana".

This is one of those times.

I wonder how many inconsistencies and anomalies have to happen, or if they literally have to happen in an EVO Top 8, before anyone of any vast importance actually addresses it?

I mean, Banana.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
this move is garbage
Yeah, Noob players have known since the first week of the game's release. Nonetheless, the video is a great compilation by Wetdoba.

I have not followed the scene as closely as I usually do because I was on vacation, but do any high level players even use Noob any more? The character seems to be getting worse and worse as the game develops, as I suspected.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
Yeah, Noob players have known since the first week of the game's release. Nonetheless, the video is a great compilation by Wetdoba.

I have not followed the scene as closely as I usually do because I was on vacation, but do any high level players even use Noob any more? The character seems to be getting worse and worse as the game develops, as I suspected.
I had known about Subzero going under and Raiden/Kano etc going over since day 1 but when I recently had a Shao Kahn mash shoulder straight through it I had enough. Legit just the biggest character in the game going straight through the middle for a full combo

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta

anyone who used him.... and wanted to use his playstyle just moved to Scorpion or Cassie

They both occupy his space better than he does, as well as play the strike/throw way better.

He isn't really "bad" .... he just isn't "as good".

Searing Rage Scorpion is literally just "better noob"

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Dark Sabbath isn't a zoner, Seeing Double is.

Yeah I agree that's the most egregious looking whiffing issue in the game right now. I think they might not have wanted it to have as much priority as the animation would lead to you believe, but you can tell how weak it is by how little faith Noob players have in the move in neutral.
Seeing Double might as well be called "RUN THROUGH MY PROJECTILES"
cuz thats what every character does

cuz they can

and it works.

and he sucks.

Olcadan13

mkx apologist
well you see here when you actually check the compilcated lore statistics and physical properties you will see that when someone runs on a running clone, they cancel eachother out so this is working as intended buy the kombat pack $30 on playstation store available now

M2Dave

Zoning Master
He isn't really "bad" .... he just isn't "as good".
I agree.

I think the problem is that b+1,1+3 is unsafe on block while the shadow tackle is embarrassingly bad for five different reasons. Meanwhile, the top tier characters have access to safe 9-frame mid attacks that can be hit-confirmed and superior zoning. You have therefore no reason to use Noob. Why work harder for less reward.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
I agree.

I think the problem is that b+1,1+3 is unsafe on block while the shadow tackle is embarrassingly bad for five different reasons. Meanwhile, the top tier characters have access to safe 9-frame mid attacks that can be hit-confirmed and superior zoning. You have therefore no reason to use Noob. Why work harder for less reward.
B1 1+3 being situationally unsafe is fine, it is meant to be a get off me move on a call out and the other mid mashing characters just need to be normalized. The main issue with him is his lackluster space control and inability to get damage off whiff punishing. The klones need to be faster and hit people so they can control space actually well in neutral and then B3 KB should be changed to punish requirement so he gets a clean whiff punish into damage to cash out once per game

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
B1 1+3 being situationally unsafe is fine, it is meant to be a get off me move on a call out and the other mid mashing characters just need to be normalized. The main issue with him is his lackluster space control and inability to get damage off whiff punishing. The klones need to be faster and hit people so they can control space actually well in neutral and then B3 KB should be changed to punish requirement so he gets a clean whiff punish into damage to cash out once per game
he whif punishes like a boss what are you smoking?

b3 tele amp is like 360 damage