What's new

The Reset In Action, Some Examples

Chernyy Volk

Wolf lord, footsie bully, chronic corner abuser.
I put together a short video using elementary conversions off the reset both midscreen and in the corner with every flight cancel link used, so S1, S3, B2 and 2D3. I want to make a detailed rundown video later on of all your options etc, but i just wanted to make this video to showcase just how much damage you do before you even spend any meter or go for optimals. The restand itself is optimized, through my own labbing and help from @scarsunseen I've tried to maximize the damage output to trait expenditure ratio as much as I possibly could. So currently, the optimal reset is any of the above normals into ~4, j2~db2, j2~cancel, 3~db2 or 2d3~db2 in the corner as you'll see. Enjoy.

Can you explain like how can I consistently connect float cancel combos because for me is suuuuuuuper inconsistent. Sometimes j2 does not connect after s1, if it does then i cant connect rocket and so on. Shit is annoying af.

Chernyy Volk

Can you explain like how can I consistently connect float cancel combos because for me is suuuuuuuper inconsistent. Sometimes j2 does not connect after s1, if it does then i cant connect rocket and so on. Shit is annoying af.
Are you only having issues with S1 or every normal that links into flight?

Neeko

Noob
How often do you get this stuff off in high level matches? Jw if I should devote a lot of time to mastering stuff like this because he isn't he only character I play.

Chernyy Volk

How often do you get this stuff off in high level matches? Jw if I should devote a lot of time to mastering stuff like this because he isn't he only character I play.
I hit this often enough, there are other methods of offense after the restand you can use if you find your opponent just always guessing right. It's worth noting cause the damage payout is so good.

Kooron Nation

More Ass and Tits for MK11
For everyone wanting tips to do these; After the string into float just HOLD forward and press 2, don't let go of forward, then after the 2 connects you have a lot of time to do db2, you should actually delay the input a bit after the j2 hits since you can't seem to cancel it as soon as it hits.