What's new

The Reptile Props Thred

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Also didn't Chris's reptile beat Cat's Kuhbawl at Final Round?
Chris g has beaten michaelangelo in prime
PL
Reo apex 2012
Cat 2013
Jr at ect?
Sure there's more but do I seriously need to compare that to any other reptile????

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
lol seriously top 5 in a 30 man tournament and you guys are like "OMG THIS CHARACTER IS TOP TIER NOW!"
Yeah it's not like the character did well against some of the top players of some of the top characters in the game today

Wait a minute..

Chongo

Dead Kings Rise
Chris g has beaten michaelangelo in prime
PL
Reo apex 2012
Cat 2013
Jr at ect?
Sure there's more but do I seriously need to compare that to any other reptile????
I'm not arguing lol, Chris is the best Reptile, we're obviously frauds and we can hold dat.

I frankly don't care about this argument anymore, it's been done to death.

Reptile is viable and will continue to be viable.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
lol seriously top 5 in a 30 man tournament and you guys are like "OMG THIS CHARACTER IS TOP TIER NOW!"
No

Beat Reo, PL, jr, cat and win a major as well as place in about 8 top 8s including one Evo top 8 and then chef we will talk about YOUR reptile

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
Most people think he is top 10. If you think he isnt name the 10 characters who are better, just curious.
In no particular order:

Liu Kang
Cyrax
Freddy
Kenshi
Raiden
Sektor
Skarlet
Cage
Kitana
Shang
Smoke
Jax
Kabal
Lao
Sonya

Maybe more but it's really hard to argue that any of these character are better than Reptile.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
In no particular order:

Liu Kang
Cyrax
Freddy
Kenshi
Raiden
Sektor
Skarlet
Cage
Kitana
Shang
Smoke
Jax
Kabal
Lao
Sonya

Maybe more but it's really hard to argue that any of these character are better than Reptile.
Obviously you arent going to change your POV. Agree to disagree.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
Sektor, Raiden, and Liu Kang are not better then Reptile
As someone who has played with the best Liu Kangs in the world, I guarantee he's way better than Reptile. (why does West Coast have all the Lius?)

Raiden I didn't think so until I played pboard's Raiden, holy shit though.

Sektor is super flexible and super strong. As probably the char I've played the 2nd most next to Reptile, I would feel way more confident using him 100% in a tournament than reptile 100%

As someone who has played with the best Liu Kangs in the world, I guarantee he's way better than Reptile. (why does West Coast have all the Lius?)

Raiden I didn't think so until I played pboard's Raiden, holy shit though.

Sektor is super flexible and super strong. As probably the char I've played the 2nd most next to Reptile, I would feel way more confident using him 100% in a tournament than reptile 100%
I agree with this. I think Raiden it's slightly better than the lizard, he has better air control and mobility for sure. In terms of pressure and damage I think it's relatively close. Ground control I think reptile takes it, even with the thunder god teleport

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
In all seriousness though, it's not necessarily whether Reptile actually is top 10 or not, it's the fact that he was able to do what he did to 2 of the most prolific members of the top 5 this weekend, from someone going off of tech from 2011 lol.

That being said, the talk of MK9 being a 5 character game needs to stop when a lot of characters in Chef's list are interchangeable with eachother. I think at this point it's only the bottom 8 or so that are straight up hopeless at tournament level.