• Green! :)

Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Not Green! >:|

Votes: 10 58.8%

• Total voters

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
Is he green normally or what? All the oshtekk warrior guys have human skintones yet Kotal is the jolly green giant. His alt he looks more human as well it is pretty confusing whats the deal here.

ITS TIME TO SETTLE THIS MATTER.

Solignac

Noob
Mortal+Kombat+X+006+(3).jpg
I don't think it's paint. Every original osh'tekk from his homerealm in the comics is blue. When Kotal helps the Aztecs in Earthrealm you can obviously see they're not blue. Since Shao Kahn killed all the original osh'tekk, when Kotal became Kotal'Kahn, he probably recruited the citizens of outworld into his new oshtekk tribe. So they're not original oshtekk, just outworld dudes who serve kotal as the "new" oshtekk, hence the non-blue skin.

Why his alternate costume is normal, idk. Maybe a spell or some shit.

Solignac

Noob
In the Kotal Concept Art you unlock from the Krypt it is specifically stated that he is painted blue/green. This is a settled issue.
That's some pretty strictly adhesive paint then. We have dudes with big sharp teeth and blades as arms. Giant half dragon fuckers with four arms. But the oshtekk are blue because they paint themselves with paint that barely ever comes off. What a bunch of uncreative doo doo.

Undergroundepict

I am like the blue rose
That's some pretty strictly adhesive paint then. We have dudes with big sharp teeth and blades as arms. Giant half dragon fuckers with four arms. But the oshtekk are blue because they paint themselves with paint that barely ever comes off. What a bunch of uncreative doo doo.
Welcome to West Outworld, bruh. Where culture and creativity go to die.

Hexin_Wishes

Likes nerds with big ...
Weren't there other Osh'Teks in story mode? Isn't the color of his paint/skin based off of Maya Blue?

And the comics have had inconsistencies, embellishments and gap fillings in comparison to story mode so I wouldn't be all "/thread" bringing it up. However, the game developers probably agree it's paint since the Osh'Tekk warrior skin is a more normal tan pigment with white paint.

Personally? I would prefer it to be paint. An overgrown smurf isn't my cup of tea especially when he's based, in part, on the culture of my ancestors (Mayans).