What's new

The real meaning of each rank name in Kombat League

Trevor

Noob
I think that Kombat League Rank names are really misleading and they are meant to help people feel encouraged when they play. There is nothing wrong with that, but the truth is that a title such a Grand Master sounds a bit too good for the skills that it requires.

I consider myself a “Dedicated casual” which means that I really like the game, I learn basic frame data and I understand how to play my main character at a decent level, but I only play one hour a day or two tops and sometimes every other day, so my matchup knowledge is lacking big time.

With that said, here is what the true meaning of each rank name should be:

Metin

Ermac & Smoke Main
Novice, Kombatant and Warrior; Married players, have no time to play this game as much as they want.

Champion and Master; Looking for some gears or skins. That is all.

Grand Master and Demi God; These are the highest ranks that you can reach by mashing.

God; Dreaming about being a pro, kicking Sonic Fox's ass at Combo Breaker.

Elder God; You have no job, no girlfriend, no personel interest except playing Mortal Kombat 11.

The highest I ever got was God, I'm impressed by people who make it to that rank or elder god. I know tym kinda frowns on online warriors (for good reason) but for the most part the players I meet at these ranks are pretty good, other than the occasional wifi warrior or plug puller. Especially the elder god players.

I for sure fall under the demi god label and the only time I ever really pushed for elder god I wanted to punch a hole through my fucking tv lol. This game is not fun enough for that kind of dedication imo

mastermalone

Use only logic, please
Married man here with a 13 year old son and full time job. Reflexes are slow.

Highest rank: Demi-God
Usual rank due to limited time: Champion

At this stage in my life, I only need to get on and crush a few dreams a day. No need to grind KL for me to feel some kinda way.

I know my task is done when I receive hate messages in XBL. There's nothing like being called a scrub and "you suck" by the player that lost to you. After the usual insults about how I must live in the basement of my parents home, the best part is when I reveal that I'm married, own my own 2 story home, I'm 46 years old and have a teenaged son. They always assume that I'm some sort of loser without a job which is the furtherest thing from the truth. Conversations get really fun when that starts. I keep it clean but nothing they say bothers me because .... it's just a game :)

I usually let them know that if my old ass beat them, they stand absolutely no chance agains a REAL gamer.

xKMMx

Banned
Im gonna go with none of these ranks mean shit because anyone can get to any of them if they have enough time to grind lol. Im currently at God level with about 4600 points with 230 matches in. So many people in the last stretch before I got there were like level 83 and above but were horrible players meaning no fundamentals whatsoever literally just flow charts and a lot of them had like 500 matches or more in this season. Its not really a measure of how well you can play at that point its just how much do you grind until you find enough other low level players that you can beat to get there.

Zer0_h0ur

XBL tag: South of Zero
Married man here with a 13 year old son and full time job. Reflexes are slow.

Highest rank: Demi-God
Usual rank due to limited time: Champion

At this stage in my life, I only need to get on and crush a few dreams a day. No need to grind KL for me to feel some kinda way.

I know my task is done when I receive hate messages in XBL. There's nothing like being called a scrub and "you suck" by the player that lost to you. After the usual insults about how I must live in the basement of my parents home, the best part is when I reveal that I'm married, own my own 2 story home, I'm 46 years old and have a teenaged son. They always assume that I'm some sort of loser without a job which is the furtherest thing from the truth. Conversations get really fun when that starts. I keep it clean but nothing they say bothers me because .... it's just a game :)

I usually let them know that if my old ass beat them, they stand absolutely no chance agains a REAL gamer.

I resonate with this. Old guy here too, thankfully no kids yet lmao. I'm on XBL as well hit me up if you wanna run some games GT: South of Zero

xKMMx

Banned
I know my task is done when I receive hate messages in XBL. There's nothing like being called a scrub and "you suck" by the player that lost to you. After the usual insults about how I must live in the basement of my parents home,
Dude this happens 1 out of every 5 matches I win with Sheeva. It happens with other characters as well but because she has the stomp (which is crazy unsafe in neutral) they get on the mic and blow up if I use it even a few times in a match.
It doesn't matter that almost all of my damage comes from combos or using her low grab as it was designed to be used to set up her combos. It wont matter that I flawless block their numerous jump ins when they have me cornered and combo them off of it. It wont matter that I punish the yolo D2's they throw out every time they are minus on block. None of that will matter they will just hate message salty AF or get on the mic and say I'm a scrubby trash bag lol.
There are so many delusional ass player out there it blows my mind. They lack so much self awareness. They will call you a spammer if you hit the with the same combo over and over but feel like they are playing righteously by doing something like SZ's slide 10 times a match.

mastermalone

Use only logic, please
Dude this happens 1 out of every 5 matches I win with Sheeva. It happens with other characters as well but because she has the stomp (which is crazy unsafe in neutral) they get on the mic and blow up if I use it even a few times in a match.
It doesn't matter that almost all of my damage comes from combos or using her low grab as it was designed to be used to set up her combos. It wont matter that I flawless block their numerous jump ins when they have me cornered and combo them off of it. It wont matter that I punish the yolo D2's they throw out every time they are minus on block. None of that will matter they will just hate message salty AF or get on the mic and say I'm a scrubby trash bag lol.
There are so many delusional ass player out there it blows my mind. They lack so much self awareness. They will call you a spammer if you hit the with the same combo over and over but feel like they are playing righteously by doing something like SZ's slide 10 times a match.
Truer words have never been spoken. Players that don't really know how to space you or play neutral get easily frustrated in games like MK11. They probably did well in MKX where they had infinite mix ups via 50/50 run and gun play mechanics. This is a different style of game. It's more deliberate and methodical.