What's new

Guide The Rain Combo Thread

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
you can also do 43 geyser, d1 geyser, d1 geyser, d1 geyser, d1 geyser for 41 pct and alot of salt :p

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
Yo im doing this to someone at our next local. 1 change though. I gotta enhance all the geysers so i style on them like Chris G.

Espio

Kokomo
Lead Moderator
This is super old and has probably been posted before, but I like this combo cause it's stylish and I never posted it haha.

rainuS

Prince of Edenia
H2O boost is risky as hell, its possible in corner but very situational, for an example when you expect the opponent gonna use wake up attack
u can try to ex boost cuz it has armor on startup frames. Generally, this is a very risky combo.

Espio

Kokomo
Lead Moderator
H2O boost is risky as hell, its possible in corner but very situational, for an example when you expect the opponent gonna use wake up attack
u can try to ex boost cuz it has armor on startup frames. Generally, this is a very risky combo.
I agree, the combo is more or less for style and showing off his ridiculous damage, I can honestly say I have never tried nor landed this combo in an actual serious match up, not being able to block sucks too much and meter is better spent on other purposes in my honest opinion.

Sub-Frio

Yes im a water beaner and?
this has probably been said already but he has a 50% no bar that can be done any where

JIP, 43,Bubble,Uppercut(place above your head one),Dash 43,Lighting,roundhousekick, 43 geyser kick. But when you do the 43 after the roundhouse kick make sure the second kick is the only kick that connects because it does 1 more percent of damage and it "juggles" them enough for you to geyser kick. Timing is meh not so bad.

Where can I find a video to his 53% midscreen meterless combo Jip > 4 xx Roundhouse > Uppercut > 4 xx Bubble > Uppercut > 43 xx Lightning > Deep Jump Kick > 43 xx Teleport ? I can't seem to do it and hoped a video could help me.

YOMI Reno_Racks

I have a dream...
How do you guys land the uppercut after the 4 roundhouse? Do you dash at all, or just crouch?
You have to dash but it has to be timed right. If you dash to soon it'll mess up how Rain turns around and if you wait too long you won't land the uppercut deep enough. Try a brief pause then dash.

It's pretty hard to do consistently though. No Rain player on earth has proven he/she can do it consistent enough for it to be considered a true BnB. I work on it regularly but I still can't land it 9 out of 10 tries. Good luck pimp!

ChrisJG

Noob
You have to dash but it has to be timed right. If you dash to soon it'll mess up how Rain turns around and if you wait too long you won't land the uppercut deep enough. Try a brief pause then dash.

It's pretty hard to do consistently though. No Rain player on earth has proven he/she can do it consistent enough for it to be considered a true BnB. I work on it regularly but I still can't land it 9 out of 10 tries. Good luck pimp!
Yeah, if you dash before the opponent flips sides on the screen you get a backdash instead of a normal one so you won't be in correct position to land the uppercut. That combo is super hard unless you really are on point and have a good reaction time.

9_Lives

Noob

Yeah, if you dash before the opponent flips sides on the screen you get a backdash instead of a normal one so you won't be in correct position to land the uppercut. That combo is super hard unless you really are on point and have a good reaction time.
Well that sucks. :( Thanks guys! I'll try to see if I can put some work into it, but I've had the worst case of character ADD lately. And thank you for the luck, fellow pimps. ;D

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
What seems to be the highest combo after Xray?

So far all I've found is

Xray > 2 > B2(1+2) > 43 xx Water Gun 45%

I figure there could be higher.

this has probably been said already but he has a 50% no bar that can be done any where

JIP, 43,Bubble,Uppercut(place above your head one),Dash 43,Lighting,roundhousekick, 43 geyser kick. But when you do the 43 after the roundhouse kick make sure the second kick is the only kick that connects because it does 1 more percent of damage and it "juggles" them enough for you to geyser kick. Timing is meh not so bad.
When i try to end that combo with 43 geyser kick i keep gettin the bubble instead of the geyser kick (also with xray combo's)