What's new

The Problem with Supergirl

myri

Time Warrior
So I was going to post this in the other thread I made recently but it's kind of gone quiet so I figured I'd drop this here instead.

There are a few points in this video that I say things that are incorrect that I noticed after watching it back.

1) Her corner damage is fine if you use the corner combos involving db1 MB, like I show earlier in the video before using the df2 MB.

2) You can in fact get the air up lazers out of f23, I just expected them to be continuous like the grounded MB trait which caused my confusion.

So I dunno, I was bored and I figured I might as well try to elaborate on this character try to illustrate why I feel the way I do about her in her current state.

I'm about to go to bed right after posting this so please try and keep the discussion polite and civil so I don't wake up and regret this. I just really enjoy playing this character, even in her current state and I would love to see her be adjusted in some way. If you have questions about anything I say then let me know and I'll try to elaborate further.

TL;DR - Supergirl (in my opinion at the very least) is a character that has to take massive risks and spend a lot of her resources (which she struggles to get in the first place) for very poor damage. Basically huge risk for low reward.

Cobainevermind87

Mid-match beer sipper
I feel like the same could be said for GL. No damage output unless you open with a f3/j3/b3. So when you do open them up, you're pretty much forced to end the combo early and go for a mix after a traited lift, 223, any advantageous position just to try for an ambiguous f3/j3. I know Gross makes it work, but meh. Sucks to have a sacrifice what little damage he does do, just to give yourself an opportunity to do 400+ damage.

SM StarGazer

The voice of reason in a Sea of Salt
Basically the Supergirl community needs to pick a character with worse neutral but better risk/reward. This isn't the character for them.
I....hate...you.

Give me air grab plus frames again please

Or make it slightly easy.....

5% dmg buff...

That's simple...

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
I feel like the same could be said for GL. No damage output unless you open with a f3/j3/b3. So when you do open them up, you're pretty much forced to end the combo early and go for a mix after a traited lift, 223, any advantageous position just to try for an ambiguous f3/j3. I know Gross makes it work, but meh. Sucks to have a sacrifice what little damage he does do, just to give yourself an opportunity to do 400+ damage.
Fortunately GL has some of the game's best midscreen oki to make up for it.

LaidbackOne

Scrubby nice guy
So I was going to post this in the other thread I made recently but it's kind of gone quiet so I figured I'd drop this here instead.

There are a few points in this video that I say things that are incorrect that I noticed after watching it back.

1) Her corner damage is fine if you use the corner combos involving db1 MB, like I show earlier in the video before using the df2 MB.

2) You can in fact get the air up lazers out of f23, I just expected them to be continuous like the grounded MB trait which caused my confusion.

So I dunno, I was bored and I figured I might as well try to elaborate on this character try to illustrate why I feel the way I do about her in her current state.

I'm about to go to bed right after posting this so please try and keep the discussion polite and civil so I don't wake up and regret this. I just really enjoy playing this character, even in her current state and I would love to see her be adjusted in some way. If you have questions about anything I say then let me know and I'll try to elaborate further.

TL;DR - Supergirl (in my opinion at the very least) is a character that has to take massive risks and spend a lot of her resources (which she struggles to get in the first place) for very poor damage. Basically huge risk for low reward.
You can link b12 midscreen from 11U3.

Raynex

Intelligence + Speed + Power
Basically the Supergirl community needs to pick a character with worse neutral but better risk/reward. This isn't the character for them.
Sounds like Black Canary. Poor neutral but can death touch with 2 bars and a reset, high risk / high reward.

Or you can go Bats if you want most of the above, safety, and zoning too lel

myri

Time Warrior
Side point: "A quick video"... 47 minutes... Lol
I dunno, I was tired and I wanted something to do so I didn't just fall asleep and waste half my day by napping so I made this. I literally just winged it and figured it'd be twenty minutes tops but then I saw the length after and I was like "oh fuck," but y'know, you get what you're given.

Besides that I'm glad things stayed calm in here. I guess this did cover a lot of the same ground and not really do much so maybe I'll just take the video down or private it or whatever, mostly just wanted to do something to keep my mind occupied and maybe generate discussion. Anyway, take care everyone.