What's new

The Princess Needs Help 2.0

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
Baraka’s recovers much quicker so he can use them faster than she can. Plus if you amplify it, it’s a mid, unlike hers

Go in to training and spam them both. You’ll see how his is better. Not by a long shot or anything but it’s definitely better
Also in a zoning war between both Baraka's MB spark will come out but Kitana will get hit out of the MB.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
Also in a zoning war between both Baraka's MB spark will come out but Kitana will get hit out of the MB.
Yup is bad

You know what else is bad. Being full screen against sub, throw the fan FIRST before he throws his ice ball, he gets hit by the fan. But because of how ass the recovery is from a fan and the shitty advantage on hit, you still get hit by the ice ball and he can still combo you after being hit from full screen.

Sad.

gibster13

A fan of fans
General Buffs:
-hitbox adjustments on b231343
-Second hit of Amplified Fans is now a mid
-less recovery on fans. Allows for fan conversions (both ground and air)
-B1 is now 11f
-Make her fans not minus on hit lol

Fan Fare Buffs:
-b13 now combos into fan lift midscreen
-LOW FAN

As much as I'll take any buffs to Kitana the only one I absolutely NEED is for all fan tosses to be plus on hit so I don't require upward fan to do better combos. Especially since I can't have upward fan and low fan on the same loadout. Just make the fans convertible to combo so she feels like classic Kitana PLEASE. @16 Bit, As a Kitana fan yourself, WHY did you not smack the person who did this upside their head? Lol. Mostly kidding. And maaaybe give low fan an Amp that serves a purpose. Am I missing something or is the amped follow up pointless?
Because plot twist, 16 bit was the one to do it.

exflyingbooty

This dream has a sad ending
Can we have a competitive loadout that uses advancing and retreating flutter? If honestly, we get that low fan it would help her out so much.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Her staggers are better than laos. Having okay staggers are a privilege. She has 17 strings and only 2 of them are in the low teens of minus on block. This isnt mkx shes supposed to stagger and grab. Also has very viable krushing blows.....
You’re not fighting the right Laos. His stagger game is on point and if you guess wrong, you’re eating at least 35% and then have to deal with his insane oki. With her, if you guess wrong, you’re eating a poke or a throw.

I've come to realize its more about nerfing the stupid shit rather than buffing her. If pokes in general were at least -6 we wouldn't have this current disgusting mash fest. Let's say Sonyas zoning gets nerfed, Scorpions d1 becomes -6, ect, shed fit perfectly into solid tier.

If those things happen my changes are:

-Increased fwd/ bkwd walk speed (a whole fucking lot)
-Mb fan mid
-Mayyybee make float plus? *dont kill me @Under_The_Mayo
-Mayyyyybe give her a legit tic throw besides ji3 like s1 *Dont kill me @EMPRESS_SunFire

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
I've come to realize its more about nerfing the stupid shit rather than buffing her. If pokes in general were at least -6 we wouldn't have this current disgusting mash fest. Let's say Sonyas zoning gets nerfed, Scorpions d1 becomes -6, ect, shed fit perfectly into solid tier.

-Mb fan mid
-Mayyyyybe give her a legit tic throw besides ji3 like s1 *Dont kill me @EMPRESS_SunFire
I totally agree with your first sentence. Kitana is awesome. The game should be balanced around characters like her. The top tier should be no stronger than someone like Baraka or Centrion.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord

-Mb fan mid
Those actually sound pretty reasonable and I've been saying since forever that nerfing the stupid characters will help everyone in the middle so I agree.

gibster13

A fan of fans
I’ve had more thought

I want

Low fan
Lift to go further, nothing more annoying than getting an AA with d3 then going to s1 or 12, and lift whiffing.
B1 quicker maybe like 10 or 11f
B231 to not be aids
Mb fan mid and 0 or -1 on block

Damn! I'm late to the party. Here is what I think would be a realistic few changes for Kitana as well as a few dream changes noted by *

• Fix hitbox issues and expand U2 wakeup.
  • MB Fan 2nd fan is a mid -5 on block (I think 0 or even -1 would be too much because of how poke heavy this game is)
  • Fans +3 on hit. We don't need full-screen conversions, but let's bring back juggles for our queen.
  • Increase damage output slightly (reduce damage scaling on fan lift)
  • B1 11f
  • F134 (Mid, low overhead) *
Fan Fare
  • Royal Protection - can be held down to absorb multiple projectiles, lasts longer but has longer recovery (from 25 recovery to 35) this will punish you for a bad read, but makes it viable as an actual antizoning tool.
  • MB Square wave on block (keep it overhead and punishable
Highborn (Mostly agree with OP so just copied with comments)
  • Edenian Razors now works correctly on either side of the screen
  • Gutted KB can now be activated from by landing any combination of 3 gutted or sai
  • More Advantage on Teleport Kick on hit (I don't think more advantage on hit would be that helpful unless it was a significant increase where Kitana lands before they recover. I would be okay with a slight damage increase instead)
  • You can now combo off of a successful sai toss (again, I'm not sure how this would be helpful since it's not something that you should be doing close enough to combo off of. I would be happy if the sai went off-screen just SLIGHTLY faster so it wouldn't be nullified by a hit so often. This would allow the sai to be a bit more useful up close, but she should still be punished hard if the opponent reads the sai toss instead of gutted or teleport on a block string, I would accept gutted going from -7 on block to -10.)

Those actually sound pretty reasonable and I've been saying since forever that nerfing the stupid characters will help everyone in the middle so I agree.
Yeah, as I've said before, NetherRealm was very specific about their design direction this game, and it seems several characters have excelled beyond that.

So the question becomes do they buff everyone up to top tier, or normalize those top tier back to the intended design direction?

The latter makes more sense to me, and if they do that, Kitana should only need a few tweaks instead of an overhaul.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
Yeah, as I've said before, NetherRealm was very specific about their design direction this game, and it seems several characters have excelled beyond that.

So the question becomes do they buff everyone up to top tier, or normalize those top tier back to the intended design direction?

The latter makes more sense to me, and if they do that, Kitana should only need a few tweaks instead of an overhaul.
If they go with their Injustice 2 patch ways then they will totally leave the middle characters untouched. I just hope Kitana gets qol changes and see how it goes.

Some people legit are asking for stupid buffs as if she was a horrible character. The point is to make everyone be able to compete with any character and imo, Kitana is almost there with the exceptions of like 2 match-ups and those are already gonna get nerfed anyway.

I was the only person saying this same thing about MKX Mileena and people were crying about how bad she was and she emded up being stupid and not fun to play anymore, sadly.

If they go with their Injustice 2 patch ways then they will totally leave the middle characters untouched. I just hope Kitana gets qol changes and see how it goes.

Some people legit are asking for stupid buffs as if she was a horrible character. The point is to make everyone be able to compete with any character and imo, Kitana is almost there with the exceptions of like 2 match-ups and those are already gonna get nerfed anyway.

I was the only person saying this same thing about MKX Mileena and people were crying about how bad she was and she emded up being stupid and not fun to play anymore, sadly.
I'm a day one Mileena main in Mortal Kombat X, "Ravenous" is my Variation, and I still found her insanely fun to play by the time the game was done.

Having said that, I hope they overall do a cautious patching process this time around.

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
Still love how no one is talking about ass KB not being able to be AMP'd when in the movelist it says we can. Not to mention tons of characters can still AMP their Kbs; Sonya, Jade, Skarlet, Kabal, to name a few.

Or that we can control the distance of Sai Toss but it isn't even in her movelist.

If this isn't proof that NRS rushed this character then IDK what is. :\