What's new

The Princess Needs Help 2.0

HiddenSelectCounterPick

Crossplay Username: PlayingNeutral
I think Kitana has good staggers but let's not get crazy.

Kung Lao easily has better staggers. Because he can actually hitconfirm into way more damage than her, he has faster mids, good d3, the threat of his grab is way scarier since he actually has a krushing blow. In fact, I think Kung Lao is a better Kitana.
I dont agree that he's better. She has more favorable matchups as well.

Yup because 25% is some big damage buddy
she does more dmg meeterless than most of the cast like cetrion , scorpion, jax,kabal,raiden so on and so on.all those characters need to spent bar for dmg but she can also doe 340 if im not wrong with 1 kb meeterless yeah shes fine. You are a joke dude

I think that Kitana needs more rework than most other characters. Not because she's bad, but just because she's so goddamned average and doesn't really stand out much in terms of anything. She has the potential to be a unique and interesting character, but that potential is currently unrealized.

The changes I'd suggest to her two variations are - Fanfare: Make the Air Flutter a two slot ability which gives her air dash capabilities and pair this with the air fans, which now combo when amplified. There are no air movement characters in this game like they had with Blue Beetle and such in IJ2 and she'd be a good candidate to fill this role. It would give her a unique and interesting play style and provide a reason to play Kitana aside from "Well, I kind of like Kitana as a character, so why not?"

Discount Mileena (I forget what it's actually called): Give the Half-Blood stance slightly better plus frames for pressure and have the amplified teleport lead to a combo instead of doing whatever weird thing it does with that fan. Drop the godawful Edenian Razors and replace it with the low fan. It's not a ball roll, but it's as close as is available. Let Discount Mileena be Discount Mileena.

Changes like this would have her stand out from the crowd, not in an overpowered way but in a "Hey, this is an interesting way of playing" kind of way.

exflyingbooty

This dream has a sad ending
she does more dmg meeterless than most of the cast like cetrion , scorpion, jax,kabal,raiden so on and so on.all those characters need to spent bar for dmg but she can also doe 340 if im not wrong with 1 kb meeterless yeah shes fine. You are a joke dude
Did you really compare kitana to those characters? wow
Cetrion outzones 3 quarters of the entire cast do you think she deserves to do damage? Also the damage on upboulder kb for a projectile is around 340 damage because you jumped.
Jax puts you in constant 33/33/33s all day but lets compare this to kitana who literally all she has is string grab and wait a minute. Off that 33/33/33 theres a krushing blow that does a lot of damage from that.

I'm too lazy to go into the other character but i really shouldn't need to describe the differences between kitana and scorpion at this point.

hatyr

tease out the impurities
Drop the godawful Edenian Razors and replace it with the low fan. It's not a ball roll, but it's as close as is available..
Besides it looking kinda silly, the only thing godawful about Edenian Razors is the consistency depending on which side she's on. This ability is what allows her massive corner converts (which makes up for her extremely lackluster midscreen damage).

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
A lot of characters do 300+ dmg with a KB lol. Do you even play the game? You sound dumb

xKhaoTik

Did you really compare kitana to those characters? wow
Cetrion outzones 3 quarters of the entire cast do you think she deserves to do damage? Also the damage on upboulder kb for a projectile is around 340 damage because you jumped.
Jax puts you in constant 33/33/33s all day but lets compare this to kitana who literally all she has is string grab and wait a minute. Off that 33/33/33 theres a krushing blow that does a lot of damage from that.

I'm too lazy to go into the other character but i really shouldn't need to describe the differences between kitana and scorpion at this point.
He doesn’t have a brain. Let him have his fun lol

Besides it looking kinda silly, the only thing godawful about Edenian Razors is the consistency depending on which side she's on. This ability is what allows her massive corner converts (which makes up for her extremely lackluster midscreen damage).
But does she really have all that many tools to push people into the corner? I think she has one string with decent pushback and half blood stance works best at controlling space at a distance, so it doesn't seem to pair together all that well.

hatyr

tease out the impurities
But does she really have all that many tools to push people into the corner? I think she has one string with decent pushback and half blood stance works best at controlling space at a distance, so it doesn't seem to pair together all that well.
That's a fair point and one of the more frustrating things about the variation, but I guess I don't necessarily see low fan as the superior option either as a replacement.

hatyr

tease out the impurities
What about D’vorah’s? +1 on hit lolol
She may be a candidate as well if her startup is >=11f and >=-10 on block, ha. Skarlet does have a 2 hit advantage edge over D'vorah though :p I think we can all agree that Kitana does not have the worst d3 in the game which is what started that discussion.

Last edited:

gitblame

Noob
Doing meterless damage is nothing fancy in this game since you get your resources for free. Maybe if it was unbreakable damage then it would be good. As Kitana you would always spend that bar to get BF3 ex just to get this extra damage and better positioning.

That's a fair point and one of the more frustrating things about the variation, but I guess I don't necessarily see low fan as the superior option either as a replacement.
It makes her more Mileena-ish. I don’t know if that’s altogether helpful, but it is more Mileena-ish.

Also, you can combo into it from everything, so it gives some decent 50/50s with with her strings that go into overheads.

DarkSado

Noob
I think that Kitana needs more rework than most other characters. Not because she's bad, but just because she's so goddamned average and doesn't really stand out much in terms of anything. She has the potential to be a unique and interesting character, but that potential is currently unrealized.

The changes I'd suggest to her two variations are - Fanfare: Make the Air Flutter a two slot ability which gives her air dash capabilities and pair this with the air fans, which now combo when amplified. There are no air movement characters in this game like they had with Blue Beetle and such in IJ2 and she'd be a good candidate to fill this role. It would give her a unique and interesting play style and provide a reason to play Kitana aside from "Well, I kind of like Kitana as a character, so why not?"

Discount Mileena (I forget what it's actually called): Give the Half-Blood stance slightly better plus frames for pressure and have the amplified teleport lead to a combo instead of doing whatever weird thing it does with that fan. Drop the godawful Edenian Razors and replace it with the low fan. It's not a ball roll, but it's as close as is available. Let Discount Mileena be Discount Mileena.

Changes like this would have her stand out from the crowd, not in an overpowered way but in a "Hey, this is an interesting way of playing" kind of way.
Hell no we not turning my character into some blue beetle archetype.

From the desired changes I think some are a bit too much/unnecessary/unaddressed.

-D3 is okay at 7 frames because of how it allows you to low profile and makes it so you can’t be crossed up. The issue is with the range, which can be fixed by making d1 faster (probably just by a frame). This should make it so we can compete with mashers a lot better, and just have more viable tools since we really can only use 6 of our normals and moves reliably.

-A damage increase is reasonable as Kitana isn’t doing heavy damage constantly, which makes it so players take a lot more risk against her and end up dishing twice as much for being careless.

-Why are our projectiles worse than Sonya’s and Baraka’s?? Lol.

-I don’t think B23 needs to be a string. One thing i thought about is making B2 ground your opponent if you AA them with it (Similar to Sonya’s High -> OH), which will help against players constantly jumping on wakeup. They also need to fix B231 so the mid doesnt whiff, which allows Liu Kang to parry the move on block.

-B14 needs to be fixed. Characters like Kitana herself, Erron Black, and Sonya can duck either both highs or the second high (after the mid hitting), and d2/full combo punish. We know Kitana’s frames are slow, but they should be jailed like everyone else.

-Fix B231343 so that the last hit doesn’t whiff on characters like Kitana, Noob Saibot, and Erron Black and lets them punish the safe string.

-I would honestly add that they should make her 12 better because that’s her fastest punish, but the range is just wonky. You can easily drop the opponent if you AA with S12 and if you S1 there’s a lot of recovery which makes it hard to follow up. I like that it has the range it does, but it just kinda sucks as her only tool to really punish certain opponents. S1 should be a frame faster considering Kitana already has slow buttons, and will help in her ability to punish better.

-Fix her D2 (or opponents hitboxes) so that it’s not whiffing right through Liu Kang’s, Kung Lao’s, and Noob Saibots heads.

-U2.

-I think Royal Protection should be removed or altered differently than starting up faster. Parries in this game are pretty shitty as amplified projectiles usually punish you for parrying them, which shouldn’t work like that.

-B13 shouldn’t be comboable mid screen because of how well it spaces you. It’s also pretty good in the corner too, and comboable there.

- Edenian Razors should stay the same in Highborn. I don’t think people understand how they work, and just want better combos in the left corner with it. Highborn is more technical than Fan Fare and relies on setups with the razors. The razors can be made plus on the left corner, which helps lock your opponent a lot better in the corner and continue your pressure with your cancels and staggers.

-Sai toss shouldn’t be comboable. It’s +23 on block, and you shouldn’t even be throwing it in a range where you can B2.

-More Advantage on Tele Kick!!!

-Interesting change to the Gutted KB!

I personally think that Kitana is a very good character for how NRS designed the game to be played. The issue is that there’re better characters who cancel out the need for certain fundamentals and just outscale Kitana’s tools, damage, and move set. Once they balance out the top tiers and fix the minor issues with many other characters, she’ll be a better character.

Last edited:

xKhaoTik

Sonya's are insane and need a heavy nerf, we all know that. But how are Baraka's better? Let's not forget about the hit stun.
Baraka’s recovers much quicker so he can use them faster than she can. Plus if you amplify it, it’s a mid, unlike hers

Go in to training and spam them both. You’ll see how his is better. Not by a long shot or anything but it’s definitely better