What's new

Breakthrough - Bartitsu The Power of F212

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
I want to start by saying I consider this tech incomplete. I just wanted to put it out there so maybe the community can brainstorm more and create more clever setups.

F212 is a High Mid Mid string that is exclusive to Bartitsu. It creates a hard knock down, is +23 on hit and knocks your opponent to jump in range. It can also be cancelled into fart.

Let's start with no fart...

Adding F212 to the end of your combo will cause you to lose around 5% on your standard BNBs. That's ok though because we're going to Setupland.

The distance F212 knocks the opponent was no design mistake. It's in range of Bo's B3, F3, B2, F1, D4, and he can ji2. Being that he's +23 after the knock down, your opponent has to either respect and block those attacks (except the ji2), or risk a wake up. (Edit: Every cast member can actually mash backdash and all of Bo's attacks will whiff. However, if you read backdash you can do DD4 and score 10% mid screen. In the corner you full combo punish. Everything is a read...)

The power here is that Bo's B3 and F3 are a low and overhead. I would call it a 50/50 except it's really not. F3 is 26 frames so you can just block low and react to F3 if you see it and there's no guarantee they wont wake up. Bartitsu is mix up city though, so you can create some pretty trixy guessing games even after you attempt the overhead or low. You can also do B233 which also creates overhead/low mixups. (Edit: I count 12 seperate mixup options in this situation. Fucking 12!) This is the blender of death Paulo spoke of. I have to warn you though...Mixup City is more risk than reward for Bart players. You're going for minimal damage and knockdown, but if the opponent blocks right, you're going to eat full combo. That's the risk of playing Bart.

Now about that fart...

F212~DB4 at the end of a combo is pretty cool. Raw, it leaves you at +7. In a combo your positivity is directly affected by the amount of gravity in the combo. I believe I went as low as +2 which is still useful. (Edit: After further testing I've found that how plus you after is determined by your combo starter, and use of DB2EX. e.g. 341, 21, S3~DB4, S3 will beat all armored attacks 10 frames or slower. B114~DB2EX, 21, S3~DB4, S3 will beat all armored attacks 12 frames or slower. It's almost like the higher damage potential the combo has, the less plus you are.)

The fart that lingers: Midscreen I was able to stuff every armored wake up I threw at Bo because the opponent's armor absorbs the fart, and you can D4, or F1 which stuff the move. F1 being the better choice because it leads to combo. I was even able to stuff Goro's EX Punch Walk in certain cases using Bart's DB1.

That's pretty cool, but not as useful as it is in the corner...

Being +2-+7 in the corner while your opponent is laying on the ground is kinda awesome. I was able to beat Kung Lao's EX-Spin with D1, and JC's EX-Nut Punch With B1 (which leads to like 45% with a bar) and S3 (which leads to like 40% meterless). Oh and all combos lead to a vortex! Only a select few characters have really fast wake ups like Lao and SZ. You lose 5% on your combo against them, but get a free D1~DB1 which is something like 5% chip on block. Most characters have wakeups closer to 10 frames of start up. All of which can be stuffed for full combo(except Goro) if the right situation/combo happens. So if you're planning on using this, test it out on everyone's wakeups to know what normal to use.

This all becomes a big game of reads. If you're opponent habitually wakes up you'll want to end with F212~Fart. Once they dont wake up you can just end with F212 and then the next mixup is yours. Opponents will have to be conditioned so you can continue being the mixup blender of death.

Cynical Epilogue: Now all 3 of us Bartitsu players have some new tech. Woot! Now if we could just get in...on anyone...ever...:DOGE

Last edited:

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
This is some nice tech! Didn't realize f212 was that good a HKD. I'll mess around with this man, good shit.
I'm just happy ANYONE looked at this. Bartitsu has next to no representation and it's because of how bad his MUs can be...but hey, there are upsides too. Like possibly the best set play in the game.

Hiyomoto

Noob
Cynical Epilogue: Now all 3 of us Bartitsu players have some new tech. Woot! Now if we could just get in...on anyone...ever...:DOGE
There's 8. Great tech. I've seen something similar to this but it was simply a speculation while this is pretty thorough. Never thought of utilizing the F212 into fart as ender cause I usually just bait wake ups with F3 cancels just out of their range.

thlityoursloat

kick kick
I've known about the F212 fart ender for a while, it armor breaks and because the fart hits meaty you get hella plus frames. Informative post though.

TamedLizard

Buff George
Lol^

Good stuff. Very thorough and detailed. I knew of the kd advantage, but honestly never remembered to implement it lol.

Triple gaps (if special canceled) pretty much put that string on the back burner for me.

Will have to work on utilizing it more. Thanks for showing Bart some love :)

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
Lol^

Good stuff. Very thorough and detailed. I knew of the kd advantage, but honestly never remembered to implement it lol.

Triple gaps (if special canceled) pretty much put that string on the back burner for me.

Will have to work on utilizing it more. Thanks for showing Bart some love :)
No problem! I really do enjoy playing BRC even tho he sucks. It's so great to play a character/variation that basically no one else does.

Hiyomoto

Noob
If you're willing to spend the bar :
F212 DF3(Ex) NJP B21 DF1 for a clean 27% into restand.

Edit -
F212 exDB4 ji2 B233 Df1 into 31% restand.

Last edited:

Hiyomoto

Noob
I can successfully break Mileenas armored wake up into a full combo. This tech is amazing.

Last edited: