What's new

Strategy - Jacqui Briggs The Potential of Jacqui's DU4

Deoxys243

Leader of The Salty Spitoon
This thread is regarding Jacqui's fake ground pound, du4. I have been pondering the potential of this move and how I feel like there are so many possibilities for setups with this move. This topic sparked when I was teaching a friend of mine how to play Shotgun and he found a setup where he would end some of his combos in 212 for the hard knockdown and then instant air du4-grab. It was a very good find, and despite my experience with the character, I was surprised by how many times I got caught by it.

I am curious to see if the Jacqui community has any good du4 setups they know of that they've found to work well against other players, I will keep experimenting and post footage on this thread if I find any.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Outside of combos I mainly use it when I know the opponent will block a jump in. They react to her going down and block low opening themselves up to the b2. It has a pretty high success rate. You can also just go for the grab.

The other thing I do is cancel strings on block into jump interactables into instant air ground pound/fakeout. The red lanterns in the pit are perfect for this. She then gets the dd4/du4, b2/grab mixup going again. This setup in particular is amazing for high tech as her dd4 becomes unblockable.

After 212 knockdown in the corner, meaty dd4 is plus enough on block to guarantee a s1.

Last edited:

Deoxys243

Leader of The Salty Spitoon
Outside of combos I mainly use it when I know the opponent will block a jump in. They react to her going down and block low opening themselves up to the b2. It has a pretty high success rate. You can also just go for the grab.

The other thing I do is cancel strings on block into jump interactables into instant air ground pound/fakeout. The red lanterns in the pit are perfect for this. She then gets the dd4/du4, b2/grab mixup going again. This setup in particular is amazing for high tech as her dd4 becomes unblockable.

After 212 knockdown in the corner, meaty dd4 is plus enough on block to guarantee a s1.
Great contribution. Thank you for this

Hiyomoto

Noob
I find that f2u2 du4 1212 is pretty effective cause I tend to catch them pressing buttons or you can use it to bait armor instead of going for 1212. Can even do stanky leg. I also use it as a whiff punisher in a way. Jumping over the opponent on a read and then using it to punish the recovery. You'd be surprised.