What's new

The playstyles you want for the characters in mk11

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
Drunken Master with less wonkiness.

Tremor with more meticulous zoning so that he isn't abysmal.

Kotal Khan.

Last edited:

Israel

Noob
Reptile w/o Variations:

Key Moves kept / Their Enhanced Properties
Acid Ball -1.Ball enlarges after holding. 2.Very Slow 3.Very fast 4.Able to stay in place for atleast 5 seconds for additional meter **6.Ball absorbs enemy projectile came in contact with and is inside the bubble and inflicts thats moves damage back if landed**

Acid Spit -1.An attack move that re-stands as well as creates a puddle that has active tic damage frames for 7 seconds. 2.Tic damage on normal hit for 7 seconds.

Dash -1.Same as MKX

Slide - 1.Same as MKX

Invisibility - 1.Lasts for 10 seconds 2.More damage on hit. 3.STAYS..ahem, STAYS invis state even while getting hit and block

Acid Hand - 1.Same as MK9 (Bring that ish back)

Tongue Command Grab (*NEW*) - 1.Ground Pounds

Acid Mines (*NEW*) - 1.Stays forever (Normal input places max of 2)

Playstyle - All around character as he normal is. Give options (such as mines and command grab) to deal with zoners. Better costumes.

trufenix

bye felicia
grapplers grapplers grapplers. I want a bunch of sweet new moves that grab and reset out of the air, and maybe even a couple that pick up off the ground like Geese.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Bringing back Tag, no Tag assists or Tag assaults needed, just a character swap mid match.

As for playstyles, i do play mostly hybrid characters, not necessarily the best tools in the game aside from maybe top 3 walkspeed but has a well rounded set of tools for any if not the most MUs.

I think i got lucky with Skarlet in MK9, if she returns i want more of that, top 3 walkspeed, not exactly zoning tools but enough to annoy ppl, poke at distance and getting in, blockstring loops, good damage, restands, good armor, she had it all.

Blade4693

VIVIVI
Shang Tsung would be nice. Zoning/spacing playstyle. I don't mean Deadshot/Jaqui pew pew either, more like Dhalsim/Glacius style zoning. Something slower and harder to master but very effective once you learn how to do it. Maybe give him some good reaching normals for spacing/footsies too.

Maybe the single fire ball would be fast, and they get slower as you get to the double or triple with the plus side being that the double and triple travel slower which occupy much of the screen at once and prevent jumpins. His rising fireballs from MK3 would be sick too, obviously different input for close/mid/far, make them so they can also anti-air if timed right, can lead to juggle combos. May sound strong but they can have a decent start up time, that way if you pull it of and it AA's, you are being rewarded greatly for reading the jump in.

Not sure what to do with his soul stealing powers anymore though. Shinnok kind of jacked it's purpose with the move steal thing in a way. Obviously he can't transform into every character and turning into just the opponent's character won't do you much good unless you are a pro who can master every character lol

I would make his Soul Steal a command grab that takes a chunk of the opponent's meter and gives it to Tsung, while the EX version could steal a fat chunk of health instead. So you go for the grabs to get the meter, to spend the meter on getting your health back up BUT you obviously have to be close to do it which is hard since Tsung will want to keep you out with his fireballs. This would not restand btw.

Damaja325

Stylin' & Low Profilin'
would really want mk11 Mileena to have the piercing tools but i feel if she comes back she'll be more like ravenous. a mix between piercing/ravenous would be cool tho.

i really would just like to have my godlike whiff punishing tool back. b12 and a dream.

Wigy

There it is...
Tone down jump ins, if something lowprofiles it cant launch and be like 8 frames or be a poke.

I dont think the run button would be bad with a long map and screen like injustice.

No retarded moves like hellsparks pls

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Sub is perfect in Injustice 2, id want him to play like this, just tweak his moves for MK. NRS proved me wrong in that you CAN have him be good and balanced and fun WHILE giving him the ice klone.

honeybooboo

I speak truth, no lie
Either tone down jump ins or give us reliable AA's
Moves that destroy nuetral ala hellspark and clone need toning down
Advancing normals need toning down.
The same hitbox on all characters.
Same backdash for all characters.
No double digit plus on block.
Have it where you build your stamina bar up or something instead of it endlessly replenishing...
Use i2 method of teching grabs and delaying wake ups.

Babilities and kara kiris
Kill off the mellenials
System of a down soundtrack

Parasurama

Dragon
Give me Liu Kang with a safe hit confirmable advancing mid string.. I loved the dark charge animation in Dualist- reminds me of Akuma and evil ryu - just as hype.

And i want the Dragon fatality!

RyuKazuya

Jesus is my Lord and Savior!
I want a Liu Kang who plays similar to MK9. Soooo give me the dragonstance back.

I am also sure to never get Reiko back, so I d be happy to at least have Cage and Kang back. Alist-like cancels would be amazing.

9_Lives

Noob
I don't really care about specific characters, but I would like it to be more interesting to watch than 50 shades of rushdown. Make actual zoners/utility chars again. Any character who was good was only because of constant plus frames and/or 50/50, 33/33/33, or 25/25/25/25 mix-ups.

SixPathsOfHate

Make triple skulls input BDF or DF Hold F
I don't really care about specific characters, but I would like it to be more interesting to watch than 50 shades of rushdown. Make actual zoners/utility chars again. Any character who was good was only because of constant plus frames and/or 50/50, 33/33/33, or 25/25/25/25 mix-ups.
They said something about making mk games have a block button and injustice games BtB which is fine with me. I prefer a button to block any day. I would love to have actual zoners but with a run button it becomes harder to balance around. Injustice 2 shoulda had a run mechanic because of it's zoning being so acute and requiring you to either have some sort of mobility move or face being mowed down or spending 1 bar for a "chance" to get in just to get knocked back out. A run button in IJ2 would of stopped DS and aquaman from getting nerfed. The forward dashing speeds in mkx were fine. They all had really good speeds and the back dashes are where the speeds started to differ. mkx shoulda got the mb roll as all characters had a reliable way to get in. Just imagine mb rolling through summoner quan's zoning as he panics and jumps away just for you to catch him with your foward advancing mid.

SixPathsOfHate

Make triple skulls input BDF or DF Hold F
Either tone down jump ins or give us reliable AA's
Moves that destroy nuetral ala hellspark and clone need toning down
Advancing normals need toning down.
The same hitbox on all characters.
Same backdash for all characters.
No double digit plus on block.
Have it where you build your stamina bar up or something instead of it endlessly replenishing...
Use i2 method of teching grabs and delaying wake ups.

Babilities and kara kiris
Kill off the mellenials
System of a down soundtrack
Get away from my hell sparks. I dont know how you intend to tone down clone when it only has 1 purpose.

South

I'd rather SHOW than TELL ~ Poison Ivy
Noob Saibot & I'll play a mortal Kombat again!

Give back his mk9 normals :
B1 ( Mid ) same range
B2 ( Mid ) shorter range / faster start up
D1 ( true mid ) 7f start up
D4 ( low ) 12f start up
S2 ( high )
S1 ( exactly same )

Give back his mk9 strings :
B124 ( still ends in a unsafe low )
B1214 ( still special cancellable )
212 ( plus on block )
12 ( exact same )
F333

Give new normals :
F2 ( slow overhead )
F1 ( fast mid / good range )

Give new strings :
F23 ( slow overhead low string ) safe on block not special cancellable on block but does on hit
F12 ( fast double mid string )
F1222 ( fast double mid string that ends in a overhead that doesn't special Cancel and unsafe

Give back his specials :
BF3 ( low slide )
DF3 ( overhead tackle ) now is a mid
DB2 ( portal ) determines where it lands
DU ( teleport )
DB3 ( upknee )

Give new specials :
DF2 ( slow projectile ) not disabled
DD1 ( high ) reverse opponents controls
DD2 ( effect ) brings clone on screen
1 ( high ) punch
2 ( mid ) tackle
3 ( overhead stomp )
4 ( multiple mid punches )

With this Noob Saibot he'll still be mk9 variant but now with new string/ specials he'll have a more complex learning curve! Which I think all characters should be complex instead of reverting back to simplistic style

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Jade: Rushdown with a reliable teleport and projectile immunity cancels. Not stupid, not unbeatable, just plain good character with excellent normals and setups.

South

I found Mkx to be a DUMB DOWN mk9 ridiculous filled with rushdown/ mixups
And actual skill being reduced to allow new players to join instead making them work to learn it allowed trash players to win imo. So make characters complex! Fuck how says "no mixups werent that bad just guess" that's the STUPIDEST THING IVE EVER READ/HEARD. You can't lab a guess but you can lab how to turn a 50/50 into a 25/25/25/25 which is stupid! No character should be based of pure mixups and every character was based off exactly that in Mkx... I could see if 5 outta 35 characters where it be okay as long as other playstyle were allowed too. Such as 10/35 zones 5/35 neutral/read based 5/35 rushdown 5/35 mixups 10/35 setup/trap

South

Get away from my hell sparks. I dont know how you intend to tone down clone when it only has 1 purpose.
clone was retarded in Mkx basically made every string safe / plus in corner was almost like a armor setup / forced opp to use bar of meter on armor just to have it broken afterwards and still frozen / was broken

9_Lives

Noob
They said something about making mk games have a block button and injustice games BtB which is fine with me. I prefer a button to block any day. I would love to have actual zoners but with a run button it becomes harder to balance around. Injustice 2 shoulda had a run mechanic because of it's zoning being so acute and requiring you to either have some sort of mobility move or face being mowed down or spending 1 bar for a "chance" to get in just to get knocked back out. A run button in IJ2 would of stopped DS and aquaman from getting nerfed. The forward dashing speeds in mkx were fine. They all had really good speeds and the back dashes are where the speeds started to differ. mkx shoulda got the mb roll as all characters had a reliable way to get in. Just imagine mb rolling through summoner quan's zoning as he panics and jumps away just for you to catch him with your foward advancing mid.
Running doesn't have to be there. In mk9, they had a block button and no run mechanic. Zoning was very strong, but it was also very beatable. It was one of the worst balanced games overall, but it's top 10 was a great spread of playstyles, and I think the run mechanic is a big factor for why that's not true in mkx.