What's new

"The Plastic Key" - 16-track album by Under The Mayo from Spirit Charge, available for download!

GamerBlake90

Catch me if you can!
Premium Supporter
If you've been around on Test Your Might since the days of Mortal Kombat 9, chances are that you're familiar with the man who styled himself as "The Voice of MK." What you may not have realized is that game tutorial videos are not the only thing he has added his vocal touch to - in fact, he leads a band named after one of Kenshi's special moves in MK9, known as "Spirit Charge," and he recently released a sixteen-track album named "The Plastic Key." In acknowledgement of his passionate work on behalf of the community, we're excited to share his work with you right now!

Spirit Charge The Plastic Key cover.jpg
The above cover art is taken directly from Spirit Charge's BandCamp page, where you can go to purchase a digital copy of their latest album for just $12.00 USD. Or, if you simply want to download separate tracks, you can do so for $1 per track. You can also get a look at the full lyrics for each track, free of charge (no pun intended). Visit Mayo's BandCamp page at http://spiritcharge.bandcamp.com/releases.

Cover art is designed by Orion, whom you can follow on FaceBook here: https://www.facebook.com/orionadvent

The album is also available for download in its entirety at iTunes and CD Baby, found at the following links below:

iTunes - https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/the-plastic-key/id891864913?i=891864951&ign-mpt=uo=4

CD Baby - http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/spiritcharge

As someone who is big on music himself, I find these works of art a worthwhile listen, and I know you guys will as well! Shout-outs to @Under_The_Mayo for his fantastic work.

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.

Ah! I was wondering when you were going to start promoting this on TYM! I had the privilege of Mayo sending me his album months ago and it's pretty solid. 7-3 MU for sure.

My favorites are "Juggernaut", "A Saint to The Pious", and "When the Planets Died".

Juggernaut:

Last edited:

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
Premium Supporter
So this is download only? No physical copies?
Still waiting on physical albums (when I make enough online sales, I'll be able to print the CDs), and international shipping could be pricey. If you only want a physical copy, PM me.

And a big thanks to Blake for wanting to do this article. I'm glad people are really liking it.

Last edited:

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
Premium Supporter
@Under_The_Mayo

can you tell us more about the music? did you do all by yourself or is it a band? its really good.
Did it all myself. Wrote 7 of the songs a few years ago, wrote the other 9 from last summer to this summer. The entire album was written by me in my bedroom, and also recorded there on an ASUS laptop running FruityLoops, Ableton Live, and Cubase 4. The guitar was recorded live in my room, as were vocals. The rest is built on the computer, and then I mixed on some JBL studio monitors. The only help that I received was the contribution of 4 guitar solos by various friends since I'm not a soloist.

Nice. Congrats for putting an album together by yourself. Sounds very NU-Metal to me. I'm getting some NIN, Slipknot, Stone Sour vibes from what I've heard. I'm also hearing a splash of 90's grunge in the vocals (Specifically in rhetoric) reminiscent of Bush or incubus. Good stuff.

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
Premium Supporter
I like how different people hear different things. People have described it as industrial, alternative, grunge, nu metal. And that's the point. I don't want to be locked into one thing. I'm glad you guys are enjoying it. NIN and late 90's Manson are obvious influences. But you can hear my influences of Akira Yamaoka, Slipknot, Brand New, Thursday, Thrice, Dashboard Confessional, Jimmy Eat World... it's all in there.

Hitoshura

Terrifyer
I've said it before, and I'll say it again. This album is pure art, @Under_The_Mayo. From the beginning to the end, this album spews so much character out of my headphones. Plus, your emotions are expressed rather well. I hope this catches on with people.

Last edited:

Spinky

Baraka: Bane of McCain
I've only heard "Juggernaut" so far, but it was pretty sexual.

Nice stuff.

EDIT: It's actually stuck in my head now too, lol.

Last edited:

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
Premium Supporter
"A Little Bit Is Too Much"
:)
That one came out of nowhere. I wrote something very different for a friend's band. He didn't like it, so I changed the beat to a swing beat and suddenly I had a pop single on my hands. Can't wait to play it live. Live show debuts in about 3 months.

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
Premium Supporter
@Under_The_Mayo who's the singer? Sounds alot like Corey Taylor! Im digging it!
Me. All lyrics, vocals, drums, synth, ambiance, bass, recording, mixing, and mastering were done by me in the room. I did all the guitar but the solos were done by friends. I hope you can grab a copy. If i make enough sales, I'll be able to get the equipment I need to play a live show in october.