What's new

The patch (notes) that will never happen!

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Fix laos fucking teleport its the worst wakeup in the game. Or bring back the spin with 2 bars simple.
That fucking teleport is a disgrace.
Kung Lao: Walkspeed backwards slightly increased
Kung Lao: Backdash distance traveled increased by 2 pixels per frame
Kung Lao: Teleport now emerges 3 pixels closer to the opponent
Kung Lao: J2 hitbox slightly increased to hit crouching opponents

Kung Lao (Hat Trick) All hat Traps have 5 less recovery frames
Kung Lao: (Hat Trick) Call back is now -5 on block from -7
Kung Lao: (Hat Trick): Hat-a-Rang disappears immediately if KL gets hit.
This alone is enough, with these changes and the walkspeed and backdash he becomes a pretty good character in neutral in any variation, his TP becomes good even against projectiles because it tends to whiff and beats crouch blocking since the hat hitbox has been buffed again with his weakness being knocked down and lack of wakeup, he doesn't need ex spin with 2 bars.

I prefer having these over 2 bars spin with armor, or tele3 being -5 so it becomes a tool ever KL can jump into tele3 all the time.

So KL strength becomes the neutral game, and his weakness reminds the same, right now his neutral at least in hat trick is pretty weak, the over variations will still be practically the same but far more neutral based.

Bruno-NeoSpace

They see me zonin', they hatin'
I'm OK with this. If that's cool for him to have I want smoke to have the same safeness with f4d12. Smoke has to hit confirm his forward advancing mid why is Jason excluded?
THAT ^^^ :D

It's ridiculous how many safe insane strings this game has... another example:

look at Kitana's F2,2,U4 string... that shit is busted! No hurtbox, 3/4 range (RIP footsies), mid, fast AF, and the last hit is totally safe. Learn to hit confirm for what?! :eek::mad:

Second Saint

A man with too many names.
There's a ton of routes to go to buff Venomous out of the trash, but frankly, it isn't so simple because of how broke she could end up due to how her damage works.

Used to think she needed more comboability and actual safe options. A -5 meter burned burst launching off spray (think hell sparks), while getting rid of the variability gimmick, would address all her problems. More comboability, more safety, better armor breaking, and counter poke meta. Even if done while only allowing one spray per combo so you couldn't vortex, it would still be insane since she has access to +12 puddle oki if she has a consistent way to launch. In short, there's a reason I said I used to think that. She'd be busted, even with damage nerfs I suspect.

Then, after realizing how proficient her toolset is at strike/throw mixups, I started thinking the Cryomancer route of taking an animation from a string and making it into a command grab would work well for her. Specifically the animation off of f34 1+2 could potentially be turned into a special. If it was slow, maybe 19 or 20f, it could tick off f11 and just generally be a nightmare. But then you've got to deal with the can of worms that is giving a command grab to a character with a +12 vortex.

Basically, there's a reason I never expected her to be significantly buffed/fixed during the life of this game. Venomous is just too close to being outright cancerous.

DC4-3

Low tier button masher.
IMPOSTOR

- removed the ability to do instant air teleport

- steals better stuff

- slightly more plus frames on mimicry on hit
Maybe, Yes, and No.

I use Impostor from time to time so I'll add my 2 cents on a couple points.

-Stealing better stuff.
Yes, there are some matchups that you steal a move that doesn't vortex and/or is punishable on block. But I want to hear what move you would rather steal from certain characters. Like D'vora, Liu, Goro, Raiden, Predator, etc. Because we also steal some pretty disgusting moves as well.

-Slightly more plus frames for mimicry on hit.
No. Just no. I like it the way it is. If you screw up or if your opponent guessed right they should be rewarded, not just sit there and have to hold everything.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
Maybe, Yes, and No.

I use Impostor from time to time so I'll add my 2 cents on a couple points.

-Stealing better stuff.
Yes, there are some matchups that you steal a move that doesn't vortex and/or is punishable on block. But I want to hear what move you would rather steal from certain characters. Like D'vora, Liu, Goro, Raiden, Predator, etc. Because we also steal some pretty disgusting moves as well.

-Slightly more plus frames for mimicry on hit.
No. Just no. I like it the way it is. If you screw up or if your opponent guessed right they should be rewarded, not just sit there and have to hold everything.
-The first ones that come to mind are Jason and Takeda, those are just terrible. If I can get picky though, Impostor could steal better stuff from Raiden, Goro, Predator, Erron Black and many others, even Smoke (trident instead of smoke bomb). But this is just getting picky, I just want the really bad ones to go.

-I said "a few more", just so that I still have a vortex if I finish my combos in f224xxMimicry or 312xxMimicry instead of just f22xxMimicry or 112xxMimicry, Shinnok's damage is already limited and he can use any help he can get if he loses his insta-air teleport like I suggested. I didn't mean it like it used to be where I could use the extra frames to whiff a move or do some free corner carry, I wouldn't even need it if I could steal better stuff. Why do you think it's a big deal?

Komatose

The Prettiest
Tanya
DB4 and ex db4 get +2 damage back
Ex bf4 and bf4 get +1 dmg back

Kobu Jutsu
Rekka combos deal %2 more damage ( I find it fair because the meter build from blocked rekkas was hugely nerfed , she cant delay her non ex rekkas anymore and she needs meter to do her variation specific combos. I really think she needs it)

Aand maybe 2 less recovery frames to teleport
( I think that would be good too if Dragon Naginata's current damage potential is thought, faster teleports would suit very well)
Yes, yes and yes. And honestly, I have just got back into the game not too long ago after some months. Like a longggg time without playing and haven't even looked at the latest notes and beyond killing her they literally didn't even care enough to bury her in a coffin huh? Just threw her in a lake and said good riddance with that nerf to meter gain and not being able to delay regular rekka? I was actually playing her the other day and getting highly frustrated because my stuff wasn't coming out delayed. I thought it was me but it all makes sense now because (not to toot my own horn) I have some of the best execution around.

IT JUST AINT MADE NO SENSE...